Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Fulham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Flairon »

With regard to David Moyes I am neither a lover nor a hater.

I am however appreciative of what he has achieved during his two spells at the club.

Having said that, I do not see how today's performance is even remotely excusable.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Let’s make no mistake here . It was coming .

With the exception of the odd 45minute period here and there we have been awful for weeks .
Not bad for a defensive pragmatic “team” eh ?
Our defence isn’t nowhere near good enough (all Moyes purchases?) , Soucek and/or JWP are NOT defensive midfielders .

Question: do we lose that 5-0 if Flynn Downes was playing the Alvarez role ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:15 pm Let’s make no mistake here . It was coming .

With the exception of the odd 45minute period here and there we have been awful for weeks .
Our defence isn’t nowhere near good enough (all Moyes purchases?) , Soucek and/or JWP are NOT defensive midfielders .

In a word No, we dont.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:18 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:12 pm I'm looking to Claret and Booze later :lol:
Well I suppose you have to listen to something so you can have an opinion. :lol:

Sorry Newmarket , but you have to admit that was teed up for me to bang into an empty net. ;)
I have told yiu before ,I have my own opinions mate and always have..I haven't seen the game has I am at work,so cannot really make a proper assessment of the game untilI see it...Nick is entertaining,unlike you. :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:18 pm

Well I suppose you have to listen to something so you can have an opinion. :lol:

Sorry Newmarket , but you have to admit that was teed up for me to bang into an empty net. ;)
I have told yiu before ,I have my own opinions mate and always have..I haven't seen the game has I am at work,so cannot really make a proper assessment of the game untilI see it...Nick is entertaining,unlike you. :lol:

I'd avoid it Tel, if I were you.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Flairon wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:14 pm With regard to David Moyes I am neither a lover nor a hater.

I am however appreciative of what he has achieved during his two spells at the club.

Having said that, I do not see how today's performance is even remotely excusable.
It isn't excusable, however, we've seen a lot of teams out there lose games and lose them badly this season. It happens.

What is quite amusing is seeing all the moaning-faced types crawl out from under their rocks now we've lost. Didn't really see much of them when we beat Spuds, Arsenal or Chelsea :lol:

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

FlatCapDave wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:44 pm
Flairon wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:14 pm With regard to David Moyes I am neither a lover nor a hater.

It isn't excusable, however, we've seen a lot of teams out there lose games and lose them badly this season. It happens.

What is quite amusing is seeing all the moaning-faced types crawl out from under their rocks now we've lost. Didn't really see much of them when we beat Spuds, Arsenal or Chelsea :lol:
Would imagine Eddie Howe getting pelters tonight as well…fuckin bad day at the office today, no more no less.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Well said mate. Sums it up for me.

But as for today...? That was a train wreck. :?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:15 pm Let’s make no mistake here . It was coming .

Surely you’re not suggesting the great Tim, that’s the other one not you btw, made a mistake letting Downes go.? :o :o
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:59 pm

Surely you’re not suggesting the great Tim, that’s the other one not you btw, made a mistake letting Downes go.? :o :o
Well I’ve no idea whose idea it was tbh but I could be forgiven for thinking it may have been a contributory factor in Moyes getting his corner taker ?
Dont get me wrong , Flynn Downes is no world beater but he IS a dedicated defensive midfielder.
He didn’t get a sniff last season , partly due to Rice’s ever presence , partly (imo) not being a Moyes signing.

But when we let Rice go we also got rid of the only genuine back up to Rices’s replacement.

It suits Moyes as he gets to play his two most favourite favourites when Alvarez is missing .

If I was Thilo Kehrer I’d be banging on Moyes’ front door tonight . After all what’s the worst that can happen ? He can’t get a game under this tyrant anyway.
Bring back Jonathon !