Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:08 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:44 am Looking at the last recent games against Bristol among others, am I the only one that thinks selling the German International was stupid?
Yes. But unfortunately I don’t make those decisions. If I did we wouldn’t have the problem of trying to offload Benrahma. ;) :lol: ;) :lol:
Just Benrahma what about Fabianski , Cresswell , Antonio and lets not forget JWP , Cornet , Mavropanos , Aguerd and Ings , could probably add a few others like Fornals :cry: , Zouma and Ogbonna . Doesn't really leave us with much . Moyes has done us proud with all his donkeys , not forgetting Kral , Vlasic and Scamacca :roll: , Sullivan must love wasting all that money .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:08 pm

Yes. But unfortunately I don’t make those decisions. If I did we wouldn’t have the problem of trying to offload Benrahma. ;) :lol: ;) :lol:
Just Benrahma what about Fabianski , Cresswell , Antonio and lets not forget JWP , Cornet , Mavropanos , Aguerd and Ings , could probably add a few others like Fornals :cry: , Zouma and Ogbonna . Doesn't really leave us with much . Moyes has done us proud with all his donkeys , not forgetting Kral , Vlasic and Scamacca :roll: , Sullivan must love wasting all that money .

Why only Benrahma? Well the first three players you mentioned have all given good service in the past but unfortunately for the time has caught up with them. For the money we paid when buying Benrahma we have not had vfm. Although I do agree that our transfer buying has not generally been adequate in respect of squad fillers.

And I’m sure it hasn’t escaped your attention that the first 3 on the list, Who have delivered value for money all arrived at the club before David Moyes.

I will make no further comment.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Is there anyone out there that truly believes we will sign players in this winder ?

Sullivan only spends the clubs money when we are danger of going down .
Bolstering the squad to cope with the demands of injuries and Europa league is almost unheard of .

Personally, as shit as Ings has been , I believe he was bought 12 months ago to get us out of the championship at the first attempt .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:14 pm Is there anyone out there that truly believes we will sign players in this winder ?

Bolstering the squad to cope with the demands of injuries and Europa league is almost unheard of .

Personally, as shit as Ings has been , I believe he was bought 12 months ago to get us out of the championship at the first attempt .
Always thought Ings a talented striker Tim , but not on his jack tod , age and moyes has caught up with him especially how we set up .

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:26 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:14 pm Is there anyone out there that truly believes we will sign players in this winder ?

Always thought Ings a talented striker Tim , but not on his jack tod , age and moyes has caught up with him especially how we set up .
Exactly, Ings, Haller & Scamacca cannot play the role Moyes wants of them. All quality strikers wasted in a Moyes team.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Highly unlikely. Maybe depends how many we can offload 1st but even then it’s a big if. And ya probs right about Ings. Possibly a Sullivan present too
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Unless Steidten, or whoever will make the decision, has already made an agreement with someone to take over from Moyes surely it would make sense NOT to sign anyone permanently while Moyes is still here. Any new manager is going to have his ideas of who he wants.

Of course I am assuming that the original click bait story from those oh so knowledgeable ITKs, that Moyes would definitely be replaced was correct and that the subsequent announcement, from the very same ITKs that Moyes was to be offered a new contract was a load of bollocks.

But if the ITKs were just pissing in the wind in order to relieve the gullible of their dinero who knows. ;)

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

i do think we will bring one in...but yea its just the same old bollocks mate

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well Dithdring Dipstick is coming out with the same old comments he does every January window, so we can expect the usual. Need i say he would serve himself better if he just kept his mouth shut and serve us better if he just .........

What is top notch about Moyes is his forward planning, the problem is.the plans are for years ahead. Steidten has his work cut out, what with the ffp restrictions and finding a player that Moyes would put to good use. before they draw their pensions. We got at least two that have rarely seen the light of day, one that is on loan and wants to fuck off. Well probably more if truth be told , and some that should fuck off. A bench full of ruined or mediocre players . Yes i am sure we will get someone in, but dont be surprised to hear "we tried.".

There is also the truth that In football there is no such thing as January Sales, the opposite really. Makes you wonder why they dont do more business in summer, but i aint no financial expert so there must be a reason. But it surely cant be a surprise to them that our squad is nowhere near complete, we saw it two odd seasons back. I will say, we probably lost a few bucks by not selling some we knew were heading south for reasons that were clear..
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:33 am ....
What is top notch about Moyes is his forward planning, the problem is.the plans are for years ahead. Steidten has his work cut out, what with the ffp restrictions and finding a player that Moyes would put to good use. before they draw their pensions. We got at least two that have rarely seen the light of day, one that is on loan and wants to fuck off.
I'm confused. Who are the two Steidten.s brought in who have rarely seen the light of day ? My memory could be playing up but since Der Meister turned up I can remember Alvarez and Kudus, both 9/10 in my book, Ward-Prowse 6/10 and Mavropanos 3/10. Not a bad first effort in my opinion.