Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Transfer Window

Post by Flairon »

Not expecting too much during this transfer window. However, there a number of people who may be heading for the exit. With that in mind, who do you think may or dare I say wish to see leave in January?

For me, I would not be surprised to see the following depart:

Maxwell Cornet
Pablo Fornals
Danny Ings
Aaron Cresswell
Michail Antonio
Flairon

Whiskyman

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:02 am Not expecting too much during this transfer window. However, there a number of people who may be heading for the exit. With that in mind, who do you think may or dare I say wish to see leave in January?

Maxwell Cornet
Pablo Fornals
Danny Ings
Aaron Cresswell
Michail Antonio
I'd be surprised if Antonio was allowed to leave tbh. And I would add Kehrer to the list which is a shame because imo he is probably the best CD on our books now that age seems to have caught up with Ogbonna and Zouma's knees are a constant source of concern.

Not too much point in doing business in January unless Steidten and his chosen new head coach (Edin Terzic/Alex Blessin?) are already discussing potential recruits.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Flairon wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:02 am Not expecting too much during this transfer window. However, there a number of people who may be heading for the exit. With that in mind, who do you think may or dare I say wish to see leave in January?

Maxwell Cornet
Pablo Fornals
Danny Ings
Aaron Cresswell
Michail Antonio
Ings can fuck off - he's stealing a living. Mubama will take his place on the bench.

I'm pro-Pablo, but he can't stay here warming the bench - he's got more to offer.

Cornet can go - a lot of money paid for fuck all return.

Cresswell has been a great servant for the club, but he's getting a bit long in the tooth..

Antonio will stay. He still makes a nuisance of himself with the opposition defences.

Kehrer - see Fornals' comment above.

Ogbonna - see Cresswell's comment above. Not sure he'll be in a hurry to leave though.

Benrahma - The guy just gets on my tits. Hoping someone will take him off our hands.

Having said all of that, I doubt we'll see too much movement either way... we'll need players when it gets heavy (Christmas and cup runs).

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I would agree with the choices above all dead wood, with both Pablo and Kehrer two I would like to see stay, but under Moyes will not get game time.
Mr Whippy is a decent player, I think, but you can only improve with quality game time and again unfortunately hes not going to get that.

Maxwell Cornet ...needs to go for his own good but still has 3 years remaining on his contract, so I think he will stay
Pablo Fornals -out of contract in June, he wont be staying under Moyes mismanagement need to sell him in Jan or risk losing him for nothing
Danny Ings .........Fucking waste of space in a Moyes team and an even bigger waste of money both transfer fee and wages
Aaron Cresswell...... Another out of contract at the end of season, he will end up staying and then leaving on a free. Little value
Michail Antonio .......Another out of contract at the end of season but will always get game time
Oggy Ogbonna .......Another out of contract at the end of season, no value so will stay at least until the end of the season
Benny Benrahma .....Unfortunately I think we will be stuck with him for another couple of seasons
I would add to the above
Conor Coventry ....out of contract at the end of season and never going to make the 1st team could get 1-1.5 million for him

There are unfortunately these others who are a bit of a concern, in my opinion, all out of contract in June and to be fair I dont know if any ave actually renewed their contracts as of now, if so then I apologize

Divin Mubama
Tomas Soucek
Vladimir Coufal
Ben Johnson
Joseph Anang
Lukasz Fabianski

So that's up to 14 players we could loose from our 1st team squad by the end of the season. Given our negotiating skills at renewing contracts I fear we could loose the better players and be left with the older ones to see out their careers.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Agree with some for obvious reasons, but others you just don't know until we remove the cunt thing in charge.
Until the destroyer of talent has fucked off you just don't know what you have.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I should have added Benny Hana and Johnson.
Flairon

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:06 pm

Maxwell Cornet
Pablo Fornals
Danny Ings
Aaron Cresswell
Michail Antonio
Ings can fuck off - he's stealing a living. Mubama will take his place on the bench.

I'm pro-Pablo, but he can't stay here warming the bench - he's got more to offer.

Cornet can go - a lot of money paid for fuck all return.

Cresswell has been a great servant for the club, but he's getting a bit long in the tooth..

Antonio will stay. He still makes a nuisance of himself with the opposition defences.

Kehrer - see Fornals' comment above.

Ogbonna - see Cresswell's comment above. Not sure he'll be in a hurry to leave though.

Benrahma - The guy just gets on my tits. Hoping someone will take him off our hands.

Having said all of that, I doubt we'll see too much movement either way... we'll need players when it gets heavy (Christmas and cup runs).
make you right on all points Oz.
other than would keep cornet but only if hes going to fuckin play him. has been given zero chance and personally think hes got something to offer.
Biggest disappointment is pablo, been a solid player and scored / contributed loads but he's lost all confidence and would think he needs to move on for himself.
not sure of ings contract but if its longer than 12 months we'll have to crowbar him out i reckon.

bit of a shambles really.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:01 pm I would agree with the choices above all dead wood, with both Pablo and Kehrer two I would like to see stay, but under Moyes will not get game time.
Mr Whippy is a decent player, I think, but you can only improve with quality game time and again unfortunately hes not going to get that.

Maxwell Cornet ...needs to go for his own good but still has 3 years remaining on his contract, so I think he will stay
Pablo Fornals -out of contract in June, he wont be staying under Moyes mismanagement need to sell him in Jan or risk losing him for nothing
Danny Ings .........Fucking waste of space in a Moyes team and an even bigger waste of money both transfer fee and wages
Aaron Cresswell...... Another out of contract at the end of season, he will end up staying and then leaving on a free. Little value
Michail Antonio .......Another out of contract at the end of season but will always get game time
Oggy Ogbonna .......Another out of contract at the end of season, no value so will stay at least until the end of the season
Benny Benrahma .....Unfortunately I think we will be stuck with him for another couple of seasons
I would add to the above
Conor Coventry ....out of contract at the end of season and never going to make the 1st team could get 1-1.5 million for him

There are unfortunately these others who are a bit of a concern, in my opinion, all out of contract in June and to be fair I dont know if any ave actually renewed their contracts as of now, if so then I apologize

Divin Mubama
Tomas Soucek
Vladimir Coufal
Ben Johnson
Joseph Anang
Lukasz Fabianski

So that's up to 14 players we could loose from our 1st team squad by the end of the season. Given our negotiating skills at renewing contracts I fear we could loose the better players and be left with the older ones to see out their careers.
Kehrer must be the one who is mightily pissed off. Imo, second to Zouma, he's our best CD now that age seems finally to have caught up with Ogbonna, and he's not even been given a run. Aguerd is a disaster waiting to happen every match, another nightmare on Sunday, Mavropanos has started 2 games and given away a goal in each of them, and yet Kehrer who has looked decent on the very rare occasions he has been given a CD gig is totally overlooked.

I am actually wondering if Herr Steidten is maybe plabnning to upgrade some of the younger set to back up status, a bit like Barcelona's La Masia principle. Wouildn't be a bad idea imo. Hasn't served them to badly over the years, has it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I read that we are being linked witg Timo Werner. Not sure what to make of that tbh.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Pacey left sided winger that can play anywhere across the frontline if necessary. What’s not to like ?

Won’t happen anyway.
Bring back Jonathon !