Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Transfer Window

Post by terrya1965 »

I agree with everything you lot are saying.It's really weird how the media see it different from us fans.They think JWP should be sitting in the middle of England's midfield right now,we know differently.

It seems that the transfers that we are rumoured with are Moyes type signings.Work hard,but very statuesque.If them type do sign,then it looks very much like Moyes is staying(I bloody hope not).

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:41 pm I agree with everything you lot are saying.It's really weird how the media see it different from us fans.They think JWP should be sitting in the middle of England's midfield right now,we know differently.

It seems that the transfers that we are rumoured with are Moyes type signings.Work hard,but very statuesque.If them type do sign,then it looks very much like Moyes is staying(I bloody hope not).
Just saw a very good comment on you know where Terry.
The fella hopes we sign the man-bun child from Citeh for no other reason than to find out exactly how deeply in love with Soucek Moyes actually is .

Must say I agree .
Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

i like Phillips ...certaintly good enough for us....its the wages and fitness issues.
as always, wild guesses on what hes earning...ranging from 130k to 175k.

MINUSES
lack of playing time over a long period, and his general fitness record, wages and overall cost ...[if correct]

PROS
quite a few in theory..
main ones being motivation.. for many reasons...
premier league proven ..
English and an experienced international to boot.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Kalvin will have to get used to our ways of course...im sure he'll be broken in slowly by the chaps

hope it happens .
..he'll love it at WHU if hes still the same bod that is born/bred Leeds...

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

if philips comes who's position is he taking? cant be alvarez who has been imo our best signing and sorely missed last couple of games.

so its soucek or jwp. have we got any other corner kick takers? :D that aside cant see moyes dropping him or even thomas. he cant drop pacman (when fit) or kudos.

its a weird one, quite like the lad and think he'd be an asset to the team, just not sure where he fits in with moyes favs.
Missing a trick by not getting (another) striker or new CB in this window i reckon.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

goodpost:)

Soucek has spells of popping up in the opposition box at key moments and puts his body on the line defensively. In midfield he doesn’t win the ball as much as he ought to, and is a poor passer.

Phillips would match Soucek’s tenanciousness, will score fewer goals, but will create more, win the ball more and turn it over less.

I hope it happens.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Moyes will Never.Drop.Soucek.

Tomas must have the pics.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

The way Moyes's mind work,I would not be surprised if he drops Alverez.Let's hope not,otherwise there will be more uproar from the Anti-Moyes fans.The question is,will the pro Moyes fans be split if it happened?

It has been rumoured that there is split about Phillips coming,only Moyes wanting Phillips.

Overall,he is a decent signing,it's just the question,who does he replace?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 am if philips comes who's position is he taking? cant be alvarez who has been imo our best signing and sorely missed last couple of games.

so its soucek or jwp. have we got any other corner kick takers? :D that aside cant see moyes dropping him or even thomas. he cant drop pacman (when fit) or kudos.

its a weird one, quite like the lad and think he'd be an asset to the team, just not sure where he fits in with moyes favs.
Missing a trick by not getting (another) striker or new CB in this window i reckon.
One or two news sources in Germany are linking Alvarez with a switch to Mr Kane's current employers..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:24 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 am if philips comes who's position is he taking? cant be alvarez who has been imo our best signing and sorely missed last couple of games.

One or two news sources in Germany are linking Alvarez with a switch to Mr Kane's current employers..
I didn't think a player was able to.leave in the same season he has signed?

Maybe at the end of the season,probably with Paqueta and Kudus on their way,especially if Moyes gets another contract.