Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Transfer Window

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:27 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:41 am dont undertsand the auguerd transfer were it to happen. he's had his moments for sure but his range of long passing has been brilliant and he has speed for recovery (when he's dropped a bollock!).
we are not blessed with fit or not ageing CB's so unless they have something better would defo keep him. Think the greek has done well recently and oggy has been superb but dont think either are quick enough to deal with the speedy CF's.
Divan getting it loads on socials which is very unfair but unless moyes changes his system he'll mostly bench warm imo.
need lb and rb cover, emerson has been immense but we have no one if he gets injured , same goes for alvarez who has been our best signing.
have to trust our man steidten to pull some names out of the bag...that are cheap.
Heard Oggy being offered another year contract
Strange decision to me.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:41 am dont undertsand the auguerd transfer were it to happen. he's had his moments for sure but his range of long passing has been brilliant and he has speed for recovery (when he's dropped a bollock!).
we are not blessed with fit or not ageing CB's so unless they have something better would defo keep him. Think the greek has done well recently and oggy has been superb but dont think either are quick enough to deal with the speedy CF's.
Divan getting it loads on socials which is very unfair but unless moyes changes his system he'll mostly bench warm imo.
need lb and rb cover, emerson has been immense but we have no one if he gets injured , same goes for alvarez who has been our best signing.
have to trust our man steidten to pull some names out of the bag...that are cheap.
Jay has also mentioned the stick Mubama is getting and it's stupid, just as the pelters being given to Ings are. It just illustrates imo that there are a lot of people whom watch football but don't understand the first thing about it. Strikers need service and if they don't get it they can't do the main part of their job. Watching poor old Mubama on Tuesday running around chasing after those aimless hoofs out of defence was hard work. Same as when Ings plays, And there's people writing Mubama off after the few brief outings he's had-----fucking stupidity.

Aguerd ? Agree he's got pace and a good passing range but he's totally unsuited to a low block defensive style. Square pegs, round holes and all that. Maybe he'd be a decent player in another team but, at least imo, he's a liability in ours. A complete accident waiting to happen.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:51 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:27 am

Heard Oggy being offered another year contract
Strange decision to me.
Strange to your regular fan but it’s the sort of decision we’re used to at West Ham aint it
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:51 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:51 am

Strange decision to me.
Strange to your regular fan but it’s the sort of decision we’re used to at West Ham aint it
Are you calling me regular? Like run of the mill, beige, straight down the middle, regular? Well I never... :cry:

We’ve often been happy to give our longer serving players a little extra at the end of their careers. No skin off my nose, but not sure why...

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:56 am
Jay has also mentioned the stick Mubama is getting and it's stupid, just as the pelters being given to Ings are. It just illustrates imo that there are a lot of people whom watch football but don't understand the first thing about it. Strikers need service and if they don't get it they can't do the main part of their job. Watching poor old Mubama on Tuesday running around chasing after those aimless hoofs out of defence was hard work. Same as when Ings plays, And there's people writing Mubama off after the few brief outings he's had-----fucking stupidity.

Aguerd ? Agree he's got pace and a good passing range but he's totally unsuited to a low block defensive style. Square pegs, round holes and all that. Maybe he'd be a decent player in another team but, at least imo, he's a liability in ours. A complete accident waiting to happen.

Go on to faceache and you'll see it's awash with these people saying Mubama's not good enough and how the step up is too much for him!
I look at these people's comments and wonder how they breath on their own, it's fucking laughable.
I read one the other day stating that Haaland doesn't have any support and plays as a lone striker!!
I had to intervene by saying.
'Yes you cretin but he does have several world class teammates around him who not only support him but can also put the fucking ball on a plate for him to score. You cannot fail to score in that team you fucking oaf'!!!
His reply
And what about Ings?
It was at that stage I had to call a halt to proceedings.

That saying never argue with stupid people, sprung to mind.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:04 am

Are you calling me regular? Like run of the mill, beige, straight down the middle, regular? Well I never... :cry:

We’ve often been happy to give our longer serving players a little extra at the end of their careers. No skin off my nose, but not sure why...
Cos it’s fucking cheaper than sourcing a younger quicker replacement that’s why Oz.
It’s the same every summer. Piss poor player turnover ( value wise , Anderson , Haller , Vlasic etc) and lack of foresight going back years means that EVERY summer the club requires it needs a major squad rebuild.

And the twice Sullivan has tried to acquire more than 3 or 4 players in a summer window it’s been a disaster.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:22 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:56 am

Go on to faceache and you'll see it's awash with these people saying Mubama's not good enough and how the step up is too much for him!
I look at these people's comments and wonder how they breath on their own, it's fucking laughable.
I read one the other day stating that Haaland doesn't have any support and plays as a lone striker!!
I had to intervene by saying.
'Yes you cretin but he does have several world class teammates around him who not only support him but can also put the fucking ball on a plate for him to score. You cannot fail to score in that team you fucking oaf'!!!
His reply
And what about Ings?
It was at that stage I had to call a halt to proceedings.

That saying never argue with stupid people, sprung to mind.
You've just reminded me why I never go on sites like Faceache and Twatter.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:33 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:07 pm I don’t dislike ings, he’s just in the wrong team and set up so happy for him to go.

I see Kehrer is close to fucking off to Monaco
IMO I think Kehrer has talent , and is better then we give him credit for , but has been used and abused by the fuhrer .
Not unlike Fornals .
I think there is a reason Kehrer was only worth 9m when we signed him. OK player that is error prone and was bought as a stop gap. When he was playing he got slaughtered by the fans, now he is leaving, everyone wants him to stay. We need to replace him with better.

As for Mubama, he is very lightweight at present....too lightweight for the PL in my opinion but he makes the correct runs. Just needs to get in the gym and learn a bit from Antonio, no need to build up like a boxer a la Antonio but a bit of strength training so he doesn't get knocked off the ball so easily and there is definitely a player there. If he can get the strength and learn to hold the ball like Kudus, he will be a good player but at present, he is too easily bullied.

Surprised people still trust what is written on Facebook or twitter though :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:52 pm
Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:33 pm
IMO I think Kehrer has talent , and is better then we give him credit for , but has been used and abused by the fuhrer .
Not unlike Fornals .
I think there is a reason Kehrer was only worth 9m when we signed him. OK player that is error prone and was bought as a stop gap. When he was playing he got slaughtered by the fans, now he is leaving, everyone wants him to stay. We need to replace him with better.

As for Mubama, he is very lightweight at present....too lightweight for the PL in my opinion but he makes the correct runs. Just needs to get in the gym and learn a bit from Antonio, no need to build up like a boxer a la Antonio but a bit of strength training so he doesn't get knocked off the ball so easily and there is definitely a player there. If he can get the strength and learn to hold the ball like Kudus, he will be a good player but at present, he is too easily bullied.

Surprised people still trust what is written on Facebook or twitter though :lol:
I just think he’s not AS deadwood as the rest of our deadwood , of which there’s loads, and I can’t see us replacing him now or in the summer hence Ogbonnas yet another contract extension.

As I tried to say above , big rebuild required in the summer but is anyone convinced it won’t just be another half hearted attempt with half a dozen or more squad players in their 30’s that Moyes will have no intention of using unless we get injuries or a cup quarter final away to a Sky 6 team.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:04 am

You’re far from that Oz :lol:
COYI!!!