TSC Backa Topola vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: TSC Backa Topola vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:01 pm What a depressing pile of fucking shit that was.

It’s what he does.
Dwayne I wish you wouldn't sit on the fucking fence when you sum up our games mate.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:01 pm What a depressing pile of fucking shit that was.

It’s what he does.
Well he seemed happy patting himself on the back with his " three consecutive times in the knockout stages" Spiel.
Like that is the polish for the turd.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:13 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:38 am

Precisely. When Soucek first came into the team he was a revelation and, I think, ended up top scorer. Fuck knows why Moyes decided to change his role in the team last season but whatever the reason it didn't work but he persisted with it all season and Soucek's form suffered, as did the team's performances.

Exactly the same situation we've got now with Ings. A good player, his stats prove that, but totally unsuited to the system we play. And, as we saw with Mubama last night it doesn't suit him either, just as it didn't work with Scamacca and Haller. Pointless criticising the player, it's the bloke who keeps playing them who should get the grief.
I think the more obvious reason was to placate Rice hoping in vain that keeping him happy would get him to remain. Of course after christmas it became obvious to those who harboured hope that he would stay that he was marching in the summer.

Moyes nigh on admitted it was a mistake to change Souceks role as he wasnt the same player as when he arrived. About the only thing he has put his hand up for.
I think it would be more accurate to say Moyes had been kissing Rice’s arse a lot longer than just last season .

I’d be playing him in the position he’s best … where we get the benefits of his late runs into the penalty area .

Only I’d play him in the middle alongside Paqueta and letting Alvarez protect our defensive line of dodgy defenders.
It’d mean dropping JWP , there must be other players that can take a corner ffs .
Trouble is we have the manager problem though.
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:38 am
Towie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:13 am

He has been slating him a lot longer than that, even though it was the manager making him play the deeper role.

Now he is allowed to play his normal game he is back to his best.
Precisely. When Soucek first came into the team he was a revelation and, I think, ended up top scorer. Fuck knows why Moyes decided to change his role in the team last season but whatever the reason it didn't work but he persisted with it all season and Soucek's form suffered, as did the team's performances.

Exactly the same situation we've got now with Ings. A good player, his stats prove that, but totally unsuited to the system we play. And, as we saw with Mubama last night it doesn't suit him either, just as it didn't work with Scamacca and Haller. Pointless criticising the player, it's the bloke who keeps playing them who should get the grief.
Nick from Claret and Booze quite rightly said this morning that although Mubama was pressing last night like a madman and doing his best Antonio impression wtf is the point of a one man press ffs ?
Surely the idea is one man presses the opponent in possession and the others press his teammates in order to either deny him the opportunity to pass or to cut out passes altogether ?

And I don’t go along with all our squad/fringe players being shit either .
Thats a man management problem though . I don’t blame players like Cresswell or Fornals . What’s the point ? Fornals could have got a hat trick last night but he knows he wouldn’t get a sniff at the weekend when Moyes openly states in press conferences that he is “resting IMPORTANT players” .
I didn’t bother watching any of that shit last night btw but I don’t disbelieve any of the accounts I’ve heard afterwards.

I watched the Leverkusen game later on though .
Proper team proper coach.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:27 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:15 am

So have a lot of fans mate.

I still think he doesn't do enough has a midfielder in a game.You only have to look how poor we have been playing.

Maybe the answer is to play him up front,because he certainly knows where the net is.
Doesn't do enough FFS. Apparently the stats wizards amongst us say he covers more ground than anyone else on the team during 90 minutes. Anyone who knows a little bit about the game will tell you that every team needs the workhorses. Doing the dirty, unglamorous work they call it I believe. Football isn't just about liltle tricks and flicks that occasionally get people out of their seats giving it the "ooh, wasn't that brilliant" routine. Not every midfield player is going to be a Dmitri Payet.
It is because he makes some stray passes.
Yet Pacqueta gets a free pass. 🤔
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Towie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Doesn't do enough FFS. Apparently the stats wizards amongst us say he covers more ground than anyone else on the team during 90 minutes. Anyone who knows a little bit about the game will tell you that every team needs the workhorses. Doing the dirty, unglamorous work they call it I believe. Football isn't just about liltle tricks and flicks that occasionally get people out of their seats giving it the "ooh, wasn't that brilliant" routine. Not every midfield player is going to be a Dmitri Payet.
SOUCEK FC

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Not from me he don't;if you look back on my posts.
A great talent,but too sloppy. His probably created more goals for the opposition,than us(cue for Whiskyman to check that fact and then try to batter me with it :lol: )

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:02 am

A great talent,but too sloppy. His probably created more goals for the opposition,than us(cue for Whiskyman to check that fact and then try to batter me with it :lol: )
If I wanted to batter you I wouldn't need to try. I'd just do it. I can't be arsed to trawl back through statistics to prove your obviously biased and misguided comment about Soucek wrong so perhaps you could enlighten us with your in depth analysis and let us all know about the many gioals you claim Soucek has created for the opposition.

If you don't want to be battered old chap you really should stop making yourself such an easy fucking target. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

👀
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:57 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:02 am
If I wanted to batter you I wouldn't need to try. I'd just do it. I can't be arsed to trawl back through statistics to prove your obviously biased and misguided comment about Soucek wrong so perhaps you could enlighten us with your in depth analysis and let us all know about the many gioals you claim Soucek has created for the opposition.

If you don't want to be battered old chap you really should stop making yourself such an easy fucking target. :lol:
Tbh Whiskyman,I don't take things too seriously mate.I'm not has switched on has I use to be with football/West Ham issues.I know you are a mate a d that is fair enough. .I have got too much going on..Still love to comment on here though a d I do enjoy your content too.

PS I am having a few pints 8-)