TSC Backa Topola vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: TSC Backa Topola vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:35 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:17 pm
His keeping Moyes in a job.
Fuck me. You wanted the poor bastard run out of the club during the Forest game. :lol:
He has been slating him a lot longer than that, even though it was the manager making him play the deeper role.

Now he is allowed to play his normal game he is back to his best.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well if Moyes wants to finish top of the group he has to pull his finger out of his arse, Freiburg just slaughtered the greeks who we limped past.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:13 am

Fuck me. You wanted the poor bastard run out of the club during the Forest game. :lol:
He has been slating him a lot longer than that, even though it was the manager making him play the deeper role.

Precisely. When Soucek first came into the team he was a revelation and, I think, ended up top scorer. Fuck knows why Moyes decided to change his role in the team last season but whatever the reason it didn't work but he persisted with it all season and Soucek's form suffered, as did the team's performances.

Exactly the same situation we've got now with Ings. A good player, his stats prove that, but totally unsuited to the system we play. And, as we saw with Mubama last night it doesn't suit him either, just as it didn't work with Scamacca and Haller. Pointless criticising the player, it's the bloke who keeps playing them who should get the grief.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:38 am

Precisely. When Soucek first came into the team he was a revelation and, I think, ended up top scorer. Fuck knows why Moyes decided to change his role in the team last season but whatever the reason it didn't work but he persisted with it all season and Soucek's form suffered, as did the team's performances.

Exactly the same situation we've got now with Ings. A good player, his stats prove that, but totally unsuited to the system we play. And, as we saw with Mubama last night it doesn't suit him either, just as it didn't work with Scamacca and Haller. Pointless criticising the player, it's the bloke who keeps playing them who should get the grief.
I think the more obvious reason was to placate Rice hoping in vain that keeping him happy would get him to remain. Of course after christmas it became obvious to those who harboured hope that he would stay that he was marching in the summer.

Moyes nigh on admitted it was a mistake to change Souceks role as he wasnt the same player as when he arrived. About the only thing he has put his hand up for.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

So have a lot of fans mate.

I still think he doesn't do enough has a midfielder in a game.You only have to look how poor we have been playing.

Maybe the answer is to play him up front,because he certainly knows where the net is.

garnett

Post by garnett »

garnett wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:56 pm If our manager picks Mubama it`s the end for him, our manager will rest players and put out a team to not concede, he will have next to nothing service with most flair being rested, he HAS to score to be relevant.
I take no pleasure being right :(

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:15 am

So have a lot of fans mate.

I still think he doesn't do enough has a midfielder in a game.You only have to look how poor we have been playing.

Maybe the answer is to play him up front,because he certainly knows where the net is.
Doesn't do enough FFS. Apparently the stats wizards amongst us say he covers more ground than anyone else on the team during 90 minutes. Anyone who knows a little bit about the game will tell you that every team needs the workhorses. Doing the dirty, unglamorous work they call it I believe. Football isn't just about liltle tricks and flicks that occasionally get people out of their seats giving it the "ooh, wasn't that brilliant" routine. Not every midfield player is going to be a Dmitri Payet.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I watched most of the game before leaving to shovel the grey shit that goes hard. Missed the goal but will see that later. That was one of the most boring games I have ever seen. Under pressure to play the young guy from the start, did so, and now we can change his name to Haller MK2 or maybe Scammacca MK2. And everyone on here plus his dog is saying we need a new striker in January. Why? What is the point?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:23 am I watched most of the game before leaving to shovel the grey shit that goes hard. Missed the goal but will see that later. That was one of the most boring games I have ever seen. Under pressure to play the young guy from the start, did so, and now we can change his name to Haller MK2 or maybe Scammacca MK2. And everyone on here plus his dog is saying we need a new striker in January. Why? What is the point?
Spot On. Absolutely no point in bringing a new striker in until we know what's happening with the managerial situation. If Moyes is staying we need someone like Broja who can operate as a single striker, but if Moyes is off surely it's better to wait until the new bloke arrives so he can have his discussions with Herr Steidten and plan the way forward.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

What a depressing pile of fucking shit that was.

It’s what he does.