Do we need a complete new front line?

Chat about anything football related here!

Do we need a complete new front line?

Post by 9898 »

Antonio is gone and the play breaks down with lack of vision and control. Hard to find any positive with him.
Bowen, as we have worked out, will not score many more goals this season (close to average PL goals for a season for this season) and, on a scale with Antonio, has zero vision (plays with head down) and lacks the ability to create for others, add that to his selfishness and it's hard to see what he will offer for the rest of the season.

Is it time to replace them both in January to keep momentum?
The top teams make big decisions asn if we want to progress beyong Euro conference leagues we need to think along those lines.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Ibbyham

Re: Do we need a complete new front line?

Post by Ibbyham »

If I was Moyes, I would put Mubama and Marshall up front as we need young energetic striker like Tottenham did with Kane when he was just 18 and look how he does.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

9898 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:32 am Antonio is gone and the play breaks down with lack of vision and control. Hard to find any positive with him.
Bowen, as we have worked out, will not score many more goals this season (close to average PL goals for a season for this season) and, on a scale with Antonio, has zero vision (plays with head down) and lacks the ability to create for others, add that to his selfishness and it's hard to see what he will offer for the rest of the season.

The top teams make big decisions asn if we want to progress beyong Euro conference leagues we need to think along those lines.
you craftily snuck one in there. I wonder who the we of " We have worked out" are as i have only seen one and that is yourself. As for front line....well the way things have been we havent really had a true front line, or a striker or at least not one that wasnt a token to be more precise. So i guess aanyone coming in could be cosidered as new, even one sitting on the bench.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:32 am Antonio is gone and the play breaks down with lack of vision and control. Hard to find any positive with him.

I realise you have an irrational dislike of Bowen and I can understand why . Your description of him isn’t far off the mark but it seems to work for us/Moyes and we have him for another 7 years so I suggest you get used to it.

I agree on the rest of the front three , definitely needs an upgrade or refresh though I believe Kudus will sort one of the spaces once Moyes is lobotomised.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Well Bowen, Kudus and Paqueta looking like a decent front 3.
Especially as Bowen hits 10 PL goals already, kudus scoring regularly and Pac-Man setting them up.

If Moyes can keep them doing as we have done in last couple of games, there no doubt in my mind we can go on and have a good 2nd half of season.

However the key is Moyes, and a leopard don’t change it’s spots…
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.