Bowen here to stay

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Bowen here to stay

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:59 am Very unlikely that he will be with us for very long. As Whisky said, it just ensures that a larger transfer fee is guaranteed with a long term contract,.. wasn't he out of contract at the end of this season?
Suits both parties, Bowen doubles his wages and the board get a fat transfer fee for him
If he continues like he has he will almost certainly be gone next summer.. an England player playing for West Ham..... :lol:
Why not?! We already won the world cup once, we can do it again.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:23 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:59 am Very unlikely that he will be with us for very long. As Whisky said, it just ensures that a larger transfer fee is guaranteed with a long term contract,.. wasn't he out of contract at the end of this season?
Suits both parties, Bowen doubles his wages and the board get a fat transfer fee for him
If he continues like he has he will almost certainly be gone next summer.. an England player playing for West Ham..... :lol:
Why not?! We already won the world cup once, we can do it again.
Unfortunately Joe, that was then . .... times have changed.....and not for the better

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I think his previous contract ran out at the end of next season, not this one. Could be wrong but if it did run out next June he could have spoken to other clubs in December which would have been cutting things very fine.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:08 pm
I think his previous contract ran out at the end of next season, not this one. Could be wrong but if it did run out next June he could have spoken to other clubs in December which would have been cutting things very fine.
I couldn't remember....... but also he would only be able to speak to clubs outside the FA..... in Europe or wherever before his contract ended..... in the UK.... it's a no no......but that doesn't stop the unscrupulous agents... :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:01 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:08 pm

I couldn't remember....... but also he would only be able to speak to clubs outside the FA..... in Europe or wherever before his contract ended..... in the UK.... it's a no no......but that doesn't stop the unscrupulous agents... :D
Or being tapped up whilst on international duty of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:31 pm

He probably won't. But the club have insured themseklves against that happening by giving him a large contract.b As we all know the longer the contract has to run the bigger the transfer fee that can be demanded.

Downside of course is that if his form drops off or he suffers a serious injury you get saddled with an expensive asset that can't be used.
The other downside is if he’s been a clever cunt and got a release clause included .
I’ve seen reports that that’s not the case but then again this time last week I was seeing reports that he or his representatives were insisting on a £48m release clause inserted .
Do we know for sure ?
The original contract offer was a bit lower and shorter and they asked for a release clause. We asked to not include one hence the value and length went up instead.

Good deal all round.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:20 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:31 pm

The other downside is if he’s been a clever cunt and got a release clause included .
I’ve seen reports that that’s not the case but then again this time last week I was seeing reports that he or his representatives were insisting on a £48m release clause inserted .
Do we know for sure ?
The original contract offer was a bit lower and shorter and they asked for a release clause. We asked to not include one hence the value and length went up instead.

Good deal all round.
You keep coming out with this stuff fella but were you getting it from ?
I’ll ask one more time .
Bring back Jonathon !

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

garnett wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:24 am In an age where contracts can be ripped up at will, 6.5 years is a long time for both parties, perhaps he should have spoke to Kane about signing a long contract before putting pen to paper.

I would gamble he wont see out half of it.
Anything over half and his value, irrespective of form, is only going down.
If we're all about maximising (outgoing) transfer values he's gone in '25 or '26.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:58 pm
garnett wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:24 am In an age where contracts can be ripped up at will, 6.5 years is a long time for both parties, perhaps he should have spoke to Kane about signing a long contract before putting pen to paper.

I would gamble he wont see out half of it.
Anything over half and his value, irrespective of form, is only going down.
If we're all about maximising (outgoing) transfer values he's gone in '25 or '26.
Welcome back mate.

Where you been hiding?I have often asked the question,where is Neville Bartos?One of the best posters on here,especially,when it comes to politics on the Topical site.

Happy to see you back. :D

johnstockton

Post by johnstockton »

That's great improvement of 45K from his last contract.

West Ham United Players Salaries 2023-24

Fantastic player.