Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

After our Europa match, hopefully we will perform better from the first to last whistles if we will get anything from this game. Anfield is one of the horrid place that we only won 4 time.....One under Syd King, one from Ted Fenton, one from Ron Greenwood and one from Slaven Bilic. The problems that Moyes do NOT have good away record against ANY of those big 6 and our last away win at the big 6 was at Chelsea in 2019-20 season under Pellegrini before he got the sacked. On a plus side, we have a fully fit squad at the moment with Alvarez and Coufal recharging their batteries. Moyes has to use the tactics and formation carefully as Liverpool are expected to be 75+ possession. The only downside of our squad is Aguerd who eror-prone as he did with Man City that stopped us getting anything cos of his stupid error that cost us points is my biggest worries.......I would rather have Mavropanos in our starting line up ahead of Aguerd. Also we need Kudus from the start, NOT from the bench for sub as it is pointless. I would go for a 4-1-4-1 formation than the flat 4-2-3-1.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Mavropanos
Emerson

Alvarez

Bowen
Paqueta
JWP
Kudus

Antonio

This is the best squad we can face the bin-dippers BUT Moyes will put Aguerd instead of Mavropanos and Soucek instead of Kudus in his favourite 4-2-3-1 formation and that will bring a FAT 0 points as Aguerd will gifted them points as he did against Man City which I wasn't happy when he was started.

We need to stand up for ourselves and don't let them bullied us.

Ibby's formation for chance of West Ham results:

West Ham
Win - 20%
Draw - 30%
Loss - 50%

Moyes 4-2-3-1 formation with Aguerd and Soucek instead of Mavropanos and Kudus:

West Ham
Win: 0%
Draw: 1%
Loss: 99%

COYI!!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

HamstasParadise

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by HamstasParadise »

Good match thread starter Ibby.

I was impressed with Mavrapanos tonight. Kudus needs a bit more time. JWPs contribution was great, my MotM, but that overlooks Benrahma who was over biggest threat, he created the Own Goal that turned the game (he ought get geeky an Assist for that. Also he had a great run which won the corner that led to the second goal. So for me Benrahma played better than Kudus, and should keep his place at Anfield. He defends better, it’s too early for Kudus yet.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Love your work Ibby! Especially the chance you give your formation - I love an honest self-assessment! :D

garnett

Post by garnett »

I will be in The Arkle at opening time, travelling up Saturday.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:15 am I will be in The Arkle at opening time, travelling up Saturday.
Good boozer that one. Remember one year place was packed as usual, I got to the bar and was ordering a round and every other sod nearby was stuffing notes in my hand and giving me their orders. Must have bought around 20 drinks. Seem to remember I came out of it well financially cos nobody wanted any change back. Think it was the season we drew 2-2 there and right at the death Gavin Holligan (remember him ?) missed a sitter in what I believe was the only appearance he made for the first team.

That year was the only time I came away from Anfield disappointed with a point. Normally pleased if we escaped a fucking good hiding there.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:35 am
garnett wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:15 am I will be in The Arkle at opening time, travelling up Saturday.
Good boozer that one. Remember one year place was packed as usual, I got to the bar and was ordering a round and every other sod nearby was stuffing notes in my hand and giving me their orders. Must have bought around 20 drinks. Seem to remember I came out of it well financially cos nobody wanted any change back. Think it was the season we drew 2-2 there and right at the death Gavin Holligan (remember him ?) missed a sitter in what I believe was the only appearance he made for the first team.

That year was the only time I came away from Anfield disappointed with a point. Normally pleased if we escaped a fucking good hiding there.
Yes it is one of the highlights of my season, for those who don`t know it`s a dedicated away team pub right next to the ground. Last season though the landlord was going to chuck out some dickhead yobs for singing the "dustbin" song.
Might actually be in there Saturday night, will be looking for a pub to watch the boxing, our hotel is in the city centre though.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

HamstasParadise wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:26 am Good match thread starter Ibby.

I was impressed with Mavrapanos tonight. Kudus needs a bit more time. JWPs contribution was great, my MotM, but that overlooks Benrahma who was over biggest threat, he created the Own Goal that turned the game (he ought get geeky an Assist for that. Also he had a great run which won the corner that led to the second goal. So for me Benrahma played better than Kudus, and should keep his place at Anfield. He defends better, it’s too early for Kudus yet.
Problems with Benny, he frustrated us in some games when his attacking contributions gone to waste but with Kudus in, hope that will kick-start Benny to perform at every game maximum, not 1 game out of 3 which is why Moyes brought in Kudus to beef up Benny. Kudus is far more clinical in shooting at goals.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:30 am Love your work Ibby! Especially the chance you give your formation - I love an honest self-assessment! :D
Cheers mate as I know how to operate to stop big teams attacking as 4-1-4-1 formation we used against Brighton and Chelsea and we got 6 points from that then a slight win against Luton in a 4-2-3-1 formation plus a 1-1 draw at Bournemouth as well. Our home loss against Man City was indeed 4-1-4-1 then switched to 4-2-3-1 in 2nd half and we lost.

Liverpool always used 4-1-4-1 so many times to great effect.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Usual narrow -ish defeat .

Usual we were unlucky post match presser.

Usual starting line up.
Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

how come Ibbyham aint getting the same faux outrage from the scary h69 as myself for having the cheek to start a matchday thread??...wanker