Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

After picking up 4 points from our first 2 games which is quite pleasing, a trip to Brighton is one of the most horrible away game as Brighton is carbon-copy of Man City whom we NEVER win. I cannot see any improvement in result against Brighton as they are more stronger than free-spending Chelsea which I have more confident of us winning than Brighton. No matter what Brighton's top players leave to so-called big 7 clubs, they already have a ready made replacement and they are doing a lot better as this is NOTHING to do how rich or big the club is, the MATTER is the COMMUNICATIONS between the owner right down to the recruitment are all connected at Brighton, same as Brentford who discovered how Brighton did, Brentford followed as those 2 clubs are way above us now than they were in 2010. Brighton top player is Mitoma and he has similar ability as his former colleague, Trossard who played in same position. I hope West Ham will be ready and need to perform as they did in 2nd half against the plastics. No injuries at the moment with Paqueta got a heavy bumped in 2nd minutes but managing ok for the rest of the match so hopefully he will recover in time for the Brighton game. Hope he will not be guilty of betting. Aguerd is suspended for this match so less error in defence as Ogbonna will play as incoming new greek geezer may be on the bench if his deal done this week. Hope to give Avarez a start in place of Soucek who was so poor in 1st half and almost cost our game. I would give Fornals a start ahead of Benrahma as Benny frustrated me with his pool deliveries in attack.

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Ogbonna
Emerson

Alvarez
Ward-Prowse

Bowen
Paqueta
Fornals

Antonio

We need to upped out game and NO SLOW START as we need to ATTACK Brighton from the off and be counted to have any chance of a single point or 3

Percentage of West Ham win: 10%
Percentage of Brighton win: 80%
Percentage of Draw: 10%

Hopefully I am wrong on percentage.

COYI!!!!!

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

OZHAMMER

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by OZHAMMER »

Good work Ibbs.

Not expecting much at Brighton - they are currently a well-oiled machine.

I'd like to see Soucek get consistent game time in the post-Rice era. His game lost direction when Rice changed his.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

good line up ibby not much pace front to back and whilst aguerd may not be everyones cup of tea i like him and he has pace to burn..oggy / zouma will get skinned.
defo like to see alvarez just dont think moyes will start him.
A sound hiding would be my paquetta with the bookies and then hasnt it always been against brighton.. a very very good team.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:49 pm good line up ibby not much pace front to back and whilst aguerd may not be everyones cup of tea i like him and he has pace to burn..oggy / zouma will get skinned.
A sound hiding would be my paquetta with the bookies and then hasnt it always been against brighton.. a very very good team.
If that greek geezer Mavropanos signed by Tuesday, at least he will have 3 days of full training and hope he can start but probably not. Hope Soucek do better than he did in 1st half against Chelsea that almost cost us points.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:49 pm good line up ibby not much pace front to back and whilst aguerd may not be everyones cup of tea i like him and he has pace to burn..oggy / zouma will get skinned.
Fair comment about Aguerd and pace. But his pace didn’t serve us very well last season did it? Imo Ogbonna’s basic defensive experience and positional sense can compensate for his lack of pace.

Unfortunately even with what imo is a better defensive line up i don’t see us giving Brighton too much to worry about.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:48 pm
If that greek geezer Mavropanos signed by Tuesday, at least he will have 3 days of full training and hope he can start but probably not. Hope Soucek do better than he did in 1st half against Chelsea that almost cost us points.
Tbh Ibbs I thought Soucek had a good game Sunday.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:35 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:48 pm

Tbh Ibbs I thought Soucek had a good game Sunday.
He did in 2nd half, probably after a rollicking from Moyes after Soucek gifted Chelsea a penalty before half-time.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

for all the KUMB STAIN moyes lovers giving it large after a lucky win against the cfc , this game will pipe em down, and some.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

normannomates wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:49 pm for all the KUMB STAIN moyes lovers giving it large after a lucky win against the cfc , this game will pipe em down, and some.
blimey finally someone more negative than me :D ...although im not sure their are many fans thinking we will get anything at brighton tbf.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Fuck sake as if it ain't gonna be hard enough 🙄
https://www.whufc.com/news/match-offici ... ove-albion