West Ham vs AZ Alkmaar Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs AZ Alkmaar Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

As we are 95% certain of Premier League survival, we can now focus on winning our first proper CUP since 1980 as I was only 5 years old in 1980 and since I started support West Ham in May 1989 (The season we got relegated! under Lyall), I never seen West Ham lifted a MAJOR Cup apart from 2 Championship Play-off Winner in 2005 under Pardew and 2012 under Allardyce plus Intertoto Cup winner in 1999 under Harry Redknapp are the only 3 MINOR Cup wins. The closest to my first every witness for West Ham to get the Cup was the FA CUP in 2006 but sadly for that man, Gerrard that will haunt me for the rest of my life. My main worries is NOT AZ Alkmaar, but the referees and linesman as West Ham were harshly dumped out of Europa Cup Semi-Final against Eintract Frankfurt which we were robbed from poor refereeing. WE CAN WIN THIS EUROPA CONFERENCE if we do our performance like we did against Man Utd. Only absentee are Scamacca, Coufal and Zouma. Hope Benrahma will be OK for this match.

Areola

Kehrer
Ogbonna
Aguerd
Cresswell

Soucek
Paqueta
Rice

Bowen
Antonio
Benrahma

We need to be very sharp and brave if we are able to go through as AZ Alkmaar has Champions League experience so it will be a tough team to beat.

COYI!!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

h69

Re: West Ham vs AZ Alkmaar Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

Robbed by the ref in the Europa League Semi last season ?

I thought we were beaten by the better side over two legs last season. Conceding in the first couple of mins and having a man sent off early in the second leg did for us but we never looked like scoring in Germany.

LittleHammerton

Post by LittleHammerton »

Has anyone received their tickets via email for this game yet?

I recently changed my email address with the club (can't access my old one and worried they will have sent them to that one!) haven't received mine yet.....just wondered if the emails have been released...if people have had them I guess I need to call up!

Thanks.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

h69 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:09 am Robbed by the ref in the Europa League Semi last season ?

I thought we were beaten by the better side over two legs last season. Conceding in the first couple of mins and having a man sent off early in the second leg did for us but we never looked like scoring in Germany.
We just got done by a better side.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

LittleHammerton wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:06 pm Has anyone received their tickets via email for this game yet?

I recently changed my email address with the club (can't access my old one and worried they will have sent them to that one!) haven't received mine yet.....just wondered if the emails have been released...if people have had them I guess I need to call up!

Thanks.
Had mine sent last week

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

For info the Sent time stamp on my ticket emails are 2.15pm on Friday.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

LittleHammerton

Post by LittleHammerton »

Cheers guys....guess I'll have to give them a call!

whu

Post by whu »

if cresswell gets sent off again, it's horses head time...
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

whu

Post by whu »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:15 pm
h69 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:09 am Robbed by the ref in the Europa League Semi last season ?

We just got done by a better side.
ten men twice killed us - i think they were beatable
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

LittleHammerton wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:31 pm Cheers guys....guess I'll have to give them a call!
Check your junk folder too, might be in there (some might say best place for it anyway!)