Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The irish boy

Post by Whiskyman »

grandad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:35 am The irish kid we sold to arsenal

Is it all getting a bit much how he is sucking up to every fucking thing arsenal

I watch the interview with the lip amd my good he was spunking in his calvins talking about anything arsenal

Thoughts ?

Potatoes
I think I can get where he's coming from. Many years ago I knew John Radford when he was running a pub out in the Essex sticks where I lived for a little while. He was less than impressed with the set up at West Ham and said he was guilty, like most of the staff there at the time, of trating the place like a holiday camp because nobody ever pulled them up for letting standards slip. Chalk and cheese he said when compared to Arsenal. So if Rice is comparing the way the two clubs are run it looks like maybe nothing has changed.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whilst I agree that is does grate to see him geeing up the Arsenal fans from the touchline, and I'm sure if he scores he will probably kiss the badge etc, but I'm not sure what else he is supposed to do really.
He's not not going to celebrate an Arsenal goal just because it pisses us off. He's employed by them now.
What I find funny though is how Carragher, for instance, is now saying he was outstanding last night, best player on the pitch etc, and when he was at West Ham, he was hardly praised at all, and called overpriced.
Gary Neville is having to back track big time every game that Rice shines. How his beloved Man Utd could do with Rice in their team, and he knows it, which is why he keeps reiterating how he's not worth the money etc.
I remember sitting in the pub, watching England, and drooling over how good Rice was, and having Arsenal fans questioning what he does exactly. Well now they know, and are seeing it for their own eyes every week, what he actually does for the team.
He was excellent last night, and I'm gutted to see him play for those cunts and their cunt of a manager.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Has a childish persona imo likes to be loved and plays up to the media and fans many fall for it.
Does act the cunt frequently even when our player
He’s gone now ,have no interest in what he gets up to tbh

Fucking good player though.

h69

Post by h69 »

grandad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:35 am The irish kid we sold to arsenal

Is it all getting a bit much how he is sucking up to every fucking thing arsenal

I watch the interview with the lip amd my good he was spunking in his calvins talking about anything arsenal

Thoughts ?

Potatoes
It's funny he is still winding up the bitter and twisted amongst you.

Are you still pissed off about Paul Allen leaving ?

🤣🤣

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:47 pm Has a childish persona imo likes to be loved and plays up to the media and fans many fall for it.
Does act the cunt frequently even when our player
He’s gone now ,have no interest in what he gets up to tbh

Fucking good player though.
He dosen't. Its not an act,it is the way he is in real life.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Easy really, loved him at the hammers but he isn't a hammer anymore, so don't care about him or the Arse.

I will say one thing he probably will get a hall pass from most hammer fans unless he does a Lampard and starts kissing the badge, then he's fair game...oh and don't want him celebrating if and when we play the Arse and let in a goal/lose.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Towie

Post by Towie »

He’s gone, wish him luck but no trophies.😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:14 pm Easy really, loved him at the hammers but he isn't a hammer anymore, so don't care about him or the Arse.

I will say one thing he probably will get a hall pass from most hammer fans unless he does a Lampard and starts kissing the badge, then he's fair game...oh and don't want him celebrating if and when we play the Arse and let in a goal/lose.
I honestly don't get the objection some people have to ex players celebrating if they win/score against us. If Rice scopres a screamer when we play Arsenal I'd expect to see him celebrate with his new colleagues. Just as I'd expect Ward-Peowse to celebrate if we happened to play or beat Southampton now he's with us.

Badge kissing, whether ours or someone else's, is pretty nauseous anyway and imo anyone doing it should be tarred and feathered. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:41 pm
deanox wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:14 pm Easy really, loved him at the hammers but he isn't a hammer anymore, so don't care about him or the Arse.

I honestly don't get the objection some people have to ex players celebrating if they win/score against us. If Rice scopres a screamer when we play Arsenal I'd expect to see him celebrate with his new colleagues. Just as I'd expect Ward-Peowse to celebrate if we happened to play or beat Southampton now he's with us.

Badge kissing, whether ours or someone else's, is pretty nauseous anyway and imo anyone doing it should be tarred and feathered. ;)
I have no objection to him celebrating with his teammates, after all we got him from Chelsea so it's not like there is claret and blue blood running through his veins.
My objection only materializes when he plays against us as I would hate to see him treated like Lampard, who burnt his bridges with us for doing stupid shit in front of our supporters.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

whu

Post by whu »

Gone. Let's move on ... but he is as Irish as Cascarino, as in he's not Irish, never was ... technicality many pull then once agent/family/dad realises they are the real deal, realise the £ is far larger in england than the euro is in ROI
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.