Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Rice

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:34 pm While Gary ‘gobshite’ Neville says he’s only worth £60 mil. Prob trying to get the price down for his beloved Man Utd. But Neville knows fuck all otherwise he might’ve done better as a manager. Clueless, gobshite, manc cunt
Yup. Same with Keane. But while a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them I suspect the club have put that story out to placate Rice that if a bid of 60-80m comes in they will say no. He will eventually go for about 90-100m as that seems to be what clubs pay for a player like him.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:02 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:34 pm While Gary ‘gobshite’ Neville says he’s only worth £60 mil. Prob trying to get the price down for his beloved Man Utd. But Neville knows fuck all otherwise he might’ve done better as a manager. Clueless, gobshite, manc cunt
Yup. Same with Keane. But while a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them I suspect the club have put that story out to placate Rice that if a bid of 60-80m comes in they will say no. He will eventually go for about 90-100m as that seems to be what clubs pay for a player like him.
Agreed. Rio Ferdinand too. Ungrateful cunt. It boils my fucking piss when all of these arrogant tossers 'demand' a price reduction because it's Man United and they think they're entitled to sign the very best.

I suspect 100m would get him and I'm of the opinion he's very reluctant to leave London. Chelsea would pay that sort of money but the Arse would be favourites. Why Sullivan has stated it would have to be a team in the Champions League I've no idea. After all, it wouldn't matter to him once the cheque's cleared. It would be a hard slog for the Gooners paying that much for a player and the dwarf would need to hold firm but they can afford it.

Edit. As for his replacement I'd look at Romeo Lavia from Southampton. Only 19 and destined for greater things. One of the few bright sparks out of a dreadful season for them.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Nice idea

More chance of us talking Mark Noble out of retirement
Covid in the Boardroom

whu

Post by whu »

£100mil min and we will get it, no problem whatsoever. Happy to take a bet on that. Will be a real shame to see him go. The boy has class, on and off the pitch. If the club had real ambition, had a forward thinking modern manager, we'd a at least give Englands future captain a dilemma. Unfortunately, we have amateurs in the Board Room, a T-Rex manager whilst still in a relegation battle. For that reason ...... :(
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

whu

Post by whu »

yeah - neville's opinion eh. because he was a quality manager. cunt. fuck off...
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Once Rice leave this summer, he will already served 6 FULL season with West Ham from 2017-18 to 2022-23.

In the past when we had Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole and Carrick from our youth:

Ferdinand from 1997-98 to 2000-01 - just under 4 seasons
Lampard from 1997-98 to 2000-01 - 4 seasons
Cole - 1999-2000 to 2002-03 - 4 seasons
Carrick - 2000-01 to 2003-04 - 4 seasons.

At least we managed to HOLD Rice for 6 FULL seasons which 2 of those we finished 6th and 7th and 2 x Europa competition and hope we can WIN the Europa Conference.

All I hope we will have more of the Rice situations from our youth one day soon as our U18 squad is looking good with Callum Marshall and Divin Mubama are those 2 eye-catching players that hope to take some part of next season BUT with BETTER manager that trust them than Moyes did as we lost Perkins, Ashby and Diangara.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:03 am

Agreed. Rio Ferdinand too. Ungrateful cunt. It boils my fucking piss when all of these arrogant tossers 'demand' a price reduction because it's Man United and they think they're entitled to sign the very best.

I suspect 100m would get him and I'm of the opinion he's very reluctant to leave London. Chelsea would pay that sort of money but the Arse would be favourites. Why Sullivan has stated it would have to be a team in the Champions League I've no idea. After all, it wouldn't matter to him once the cheque's cleared. It would be a hard slog for the Gooners paying that much for a player and the dwarf would need to hold firm but they can afford it.

Edit. As for his replacement I'd look at Romeo Lavia from Southampton. Only 19 and destined for greater things. One of the few bright sparks out of a dreadful season for them.
Agree re Lavia, best player on pitch when we last played them.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:03 am

Because I suspect Rice has said that the reason he wants to leave is to play CL football so they are trying to align with what he wants. I believe they have probably sat down with him and discussed what to put out together.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Arse putting 90 million on the table. Will Sully blink?
And 300 grand a week wages. Will Deccy knock it back?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Bellingham is the key. If he goes for 125/130 mill Rice could top 100
Covid in the Boardroom