AEK Larnaica vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: AEK Larnaica vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:58 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Totally Andy but even more so with our current pair.
I just can’t comprehend the abuse these two get .
I don’t want to say it’s from those that don’t understand football because it’s not just on here it’s every forum and social media platform . And not only is it incessant it’s also unfair.
I think maybe the reason Paqueta gets more than his fair share of stick is because of his apparent unwillingness to do the routine stuff. Like Fornals, Paqueta is being deployed in a role to which he is not best suited but unlike Fornals he doesn't appear to be rolling up his sleeves and making the best of the shitty hand he's been dealt. Scamacca is anither who , imo, is being used wrongly but, although his recent performances have dropped off a bit, is another who is prepared to grin and bear it.

I suspect all 3 players I've mentioned will be briefing their agents already about getting the hell out of the graveyard of talent that West Ham have become. At least those amongst us who clamour for the kids to be given a chance will probably get their wish next season if , as I suspect we will be, the championship awaits. Whoever is in charge will have to play them because there'll be no other bugger left. :lol:
As an aside , you may have already read this but I found something somebody posted on KUMB that I found quite pleasing .
“ Quite a few seasons in Spain, Messi would often have the most misplaced passes every season. Misplacing passes isn't always a sign of a bad player, it's often a sign that the player is trying harder passes.

I know i'm wasting my time though because you have already made your mind up that Paqueta is rubbish.”

The final para isn’t directed at you btw lol
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:58 pm

I think maybe the reason Paqueta gets more than his fair share of stick is because of his apparent unwillingness to do the routine stuff. Like Fornals, Paqueta is being deployed in a role to which he is not best suited but unlike Fornals he doesn't appear to be rolling up his sleeves and making the best of the shitty hand he's been dealt. Scamacca is anither who , imo, is being used wrongly but, although his recent performances have dropped off a bit, is another who is prepared to grin and bear it.

I suspect all 3 players I've mentioned will be briefing their agents already about getting the hell out of the graveyard of talent that West Ham have become. At least those amongst us who clamour for the kids to be given a chance will probably get their wish next season if , as I suspect we will be, the championship awaits. Whoever is in charge will have to play them because there'll be no other bugger left. :lol:
As an aside , you may have already read this but I found something somebody posted on KUMB that I found quite pleasing .
“ Quite a few seasons in Spain, Messi would often have the most misplaced passes every season. Misplacing passes isn't always a sign of a bad player, it's often a sign that the player is trying harder passes.

I know i'm wasting my time though because you have already made your mind up that Paqueta is rubbish.”

And the same can be said of Formal's passing..... put's a fair few a stray..but the vision he has is exceptional....he is the instigator of many of our attacking moves, and because he's not on the pitch much and usually played out of position will say a lot about our lack of goals this season.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:06 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:58 pm

And the same can be said of Formal's passing..... put's a fair few a stray..but the vision he has is exceptional....he is the instigator of many of our attacking moves, and because he's not on the pitch much and usually played out of position will say a lot about our lack of goals this season.
Fornals was signed in the Pellegrini era following a succesful Under 21 tournament where he was deployed as a central midfield player. To the best of my recollection that is where he also played for Villarreal. Quite why it was decided he should morph into a kind of minder for Cresswell goodness only knows.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Some random observations

Kehrer is not a better option than Johnson as a RB, we really miss Coufal

Areola & Aguerd need to sort out communication

Zouma is a machine, if only he could stay fit

Cress is done, its not even a choice now that Emerson should be our LB

Paqueta is on a different wavelength to the rest, he sees things no one else does. Unfortunately he probably needs glasses. And as everyone crapped all over Antonio for missing the 1 on 1, then we need to do the same to him

Scamacca has not convinced anyone he is not third choice - to me he should be the clear #1 but it's just not working

All credit to Antonio, he scored two very good goals and was extremely unlucky no to get his hat trick. Did what he is there to do

Can Cornet play on the right? Imagine him & Benny either side of a striker