Conference League ticket prices

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Conference League ticket prices

Post by Newmarket »

What’s you guys’ opinions on , firstly , the prices , secondly, the fact that deadline to buy is 3 weeks before even the draw is made ?
https://www.whufc.com/tickets/home-matc ... e-round-16

Hammers Utd are making a big deal out of this .
Personally the prices alone aren’t too bad if you knew who and when we were playing .

However it’s the way the club and ISC have gone about it that I make them right on .

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185179

Views ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Re: Conference League ticket prices

Post by Whiskyman »

So does the deadline thing mean that if, say, only half the tickets are sold the remaining 30 odd thousand places will be unoccupied.?

I suspect, as we all know, that isn't the case so what's the point of a deadline ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:56 am So does the deadline thing mean that if, say, only half the tickets are sold the remaining 30 odd thousand places will be unoccupied.?

I suspect, as we all know, that isn't the case so what's the point of a deadline ?
I reckon the deadline is for STH to secure their own seat then , after the deadline, they go to general sale.

At a higher price of course.
Although I think the real problem here is the fact that you’d be buying a ticket , for example , £260+ for two tickets in club London seats without knowing who the oppo is , could be a really shit team , there are plenty of em still , and you won’t even know WHEN or what time .

Arsenal are scheduled to be at home on the same day so because we are in the inferior competition, our game will be the one moved . To when who knows .

Whenever it is we should be at home as group winner for the second leg . However it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that uefa switch the legs around so we are at home in the first leg .
Lot of dosh to shell out with so many unknown factors .

But this is as much about internal ISC politics as anything else . The ISC ticketing subcommittee gave the ok without consulting the main ISC . Which is against protocol.

An interim meeting and official vote is required and the club simply bypassed it.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

I’ll be going regardless of opposition, as STH I like to book my own seats but will leave it till the 7th Feb deadline.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Doubt very much if the Pipes firm will purchase our own tickets before deadline day.
Fucking liberty I reckon setting prices before you know who/ when your playing and of course a Mickey Mouse competition.
This supporters committee are board toadies what I can make out I think Hammers United are pissed off with the cunts and want them outed and quite rightly so.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:36 am Doubt very much if the Pipes firm will purchase our own tickets before deadline day.
Fucking liberty I reckon setting prices before you know who/ when your playing and of course a Mickey Mouse competition.
This supporters committee are board toadies what I can make out I think Hammers United are pissed off with the cunts and want them outed and quite rightly so.
That’s it I reckon
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:59 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:56 am So does the deadline thing mean that if, say, only half the tickets are sold the remaining 30 odd thousand places will be unoccupied.?

I reckon the deadline is for STH to secure their own seat then , after the deadline, they go to general sale.

At a higher price of course.
Although I think the real problem here is the fact that you’d be buying a ticket , for example , £260+ for two tickets in club London seats without knowing who the oppo is , could be a really shit team , there are plenty of em still , and you won’t even know WHEN or what time .
Unfortunately one of the shit teams left in the competition is us. And on present form the so called "lesser", or shit if you prefer, teams left in are no doubt more than capable of giving us a bloody good arse kicking.

I think I'm right saying we play one of the winners of the knockout round play off matches and if that's the case we will face one of this lot

Qarabag/Gent
Trabzonspor/Basel
Laziio/CRJ Cluj
Bodo Glint/Lech Poznan
Braga/Fiorentina
AEG Larnac/Dnipro
Sheriff/Partizan Belgrade
Ludogorets Razgrad/Anderlecht

Tbh having sat through most of our matches this season I wouldn't bet on us being capable of beating any of that little lot. The ghost of Astra Giurgiu and all that. Weren't they supposed to be an east touch? But if I remember correctly gave us a bloody football lesson at the ILS..

As for whether the ticket prices are fair or not, christ only knows. Does seem a bit of a lottery if, as you suggest not only is the opposition unknown but also the actual date of the game might be up in the air. But history tells us that even with these factors all being present, and an inferior product being served up on the field, people will still pay the going rates. And the going rates as we all know are what people are prepared to pay. Economics always wins in the end.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles »

also you have to throw into the mix that there maybe a train strike on the day of the game being played

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Prices seem reasonable for what is a huge game for us whovever we play. I've bought mine as it makes no difference to me who we play, why should it?

Ultimately individual choice but moaning about it, really?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Só such a huge game will obviously attract a sell out crowd at the LS to cheer them on.......get your tickets now....