Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Well now David.

Post by Towie »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:20 pm A very good piece on Moyes from SKY Online.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ues-remain
For some people it is all about the result.
In that respect he has improved us upon last year.

For me it should be thanks for stability provided, now fuck off.
Get someone in now who can introduce a new style of football as let’s face it we won’t get relegated so new man can have some time to get his ideas across.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:00 am
dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:20 pm A very good piece on Moyes from SKY Online.

Get someone in now who can introduce a new style of football as let’s face it we won’t get relegated so new man can have some time to get his ideas across.
goodpost:)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

C an't disagree. The uncertainty around at the moment is only adding to the overall picture of chaos and disorganization. Taking action now would solve that particular problem. It would still leave loads of others of course, like the probable loss of key players if no Europe is on offer and the biggie, particularly if stumpy is choosing the next man, whether we will get Pulis or Heckinbottom for the hot seat.Both availabvle, and cheap. What's not to like ? 8-)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:01 am

C an't disagree. The uncertainty around at the moment is only adding to the overall picture of chaos and disorganization. Taking action now would solve that particular problem. It would still leave loads of others of course, like the probable loss of key players if no Europe is on offer and the biggie, particularly if stumpy is choosing the next man, whether we will get Pulis or Heckinbottom for the hot seat.Both availabvle, and cheap. What's not to like ? 8-)
Your first on the list of problems i cant see actually being a factor in the sense i doubt we will be in europe next season.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:43 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:01 am

Your first on the list of problems i cant see actually being a factor in the sense i doubt we will be in europe next season.
I obviously didn’t make the point very well then. I can’t see us getting a Euro spot next season either. So I think it is a factor because it is likely to result in key players wanting out.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:28 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:43 am

I obviously didn’t make the point very well then. I can’t see us getting a Euro spot next season either. So I think it is a factor because it is likely to result in key players wanting out.
Count me in, i meant it shouldnt be a factor for not getting rid of Moyes. Because the problem , as we are all aware, will be there with or without him.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:28 pm

Count me in, i meant it shouldnt be a factor for not getting rid of Moyes. Because the problem , as we are all aware, will be there with or without him.
There are a great many problems at the club presently , getting rid of Moyes, at least imo, removes one of them direc tly, and also removes a lot of the "will he/wonb't he" uncertaiunty.. However the dwarf could well cause another one with a hasty and ill advised appointment. It's happened before.

Many times. The names roll off the tongue. Barry Fry, Alex McLeish, Steve Bruice, Avram Grant. And when he threatens to get it right, as he appeared to have done with the appointment of Bilic there was an abject failure to build on SB's relative success and pree on wards and upwards. It may of course still have gone tits up under Bilic, we will never know, but it would have been nice to find out.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:59 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:08 pm

There are a great many problems at the club presently , getting rid of Moyes, at least imo, removes one of them direc tly, and also removes a lot of the "will he/wonb't he" uncertaiunty.. However the dwarf could well cause another one with a hasty and ill advised appointment. It's happened before.

Many times. The names roll off the tongue. Barry Fry, Alex McLeish, Steve Bruice, Avram Grant. And when he threatens to get it right, as he appeared to have done with the appointment of Bilic there was an abject failure to build on SB's relative success and pree on wards and upwards. It may of course still have gone tits up under Bilic, we will never know, but it would have been nice to find out.
Funny you mentioned Bilic, i was just thinking about him yesterday and actually wondering how things would have been had the move not happened or he arrived after the move. I know he had his faults, such as Antonio in defence and a similar one to Moyes of not knowing when to change, but his footy was better to watch. Mind you Payet helped alit with that.

Then i think if WBA and thought maybe not...

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Think there is no chance of movement b4 end of the season.
Cant see the club binning moyes when they won’t pay him owt in summer.
Share same concerns about incoming….steve cooper name keeps popping up :o
Hopefully someone with a bit more pedigree but have no idea how big they will be prepared to go.
Writing clearly on the wall for moyes. If he does stay until end of season I hope he goes out on a high top 7 finish? reckon he at least deserves that.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

The way we are playing at the moment I think it will be nearer top 12, cannot see us much better with such a poor January window. We are in worse shape than before Xmas, and it is showing in every game.