Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Well now David.

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:13 am Think there is no chance of movement b4 end of the season.
Cant see the club binning moyes when they won’t pay him owt in summer.
Share same concerns about incoming….steve cooper name keeps popping up :o
Hopefully someone with a bit more pedigree but have no idea how big they will be prepared to go.
Writing clearly on the wall for moyes. If he does stay until end of season I hope he goes out on a high top 7 finish? reckon he at least deserves that.
Wouldn't make any difference when they sack him. If they are dissatisfied with him and intend to replace him to pay him off to the end of his contract woiuld cost no more than keeping him on and paying him in the normal way. But removing him now would give clarity to the situation and remove a lot of the is he going or isn't he spoeculation that currently exists. That wopuld surely be a benefit.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:13 am Think there is no chance of movement b4 end of the season.
Hopefully someone with a bit more pedigree but have no idea how big they will be prepared to go.
Writing clearly on the wall for moyes. If he does stay until end of season I hope he goes out on a high top 7 finish? reckon he at least deserves that.

Sorry but i cant fir the life of me see why he deserves to leave in 7th place, he has got more than he deserves already. It is the supporters that deserve it, i will eat my rotten socks if we finish 7th, i would be inclined to do the same if we fish inside the top ten.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:20 am

Sorry but i cant fir the life of me see why he deserves to leave in 7th place, he has got more than he deserves already. It is the supporters that deserve it, i will eat my rotten socks if we finish 7th, i would be inclined to do the same if we fish inside the top ten.
Surely we all hope for a top 7 finish which is what the OP is saying. It is nothing to do with Moyes "deserving" a top 7 finish, simply expressing a hope which I would imagine all West Ham supporters have, whether they want Moyes replaced or not.

Sadly I susperct there are a small number who would like to see us fall away so they can tell us all "I told you so", but I guarantee they would be the first lot whining into their coffee cups if that happened and all the better players decided to jump ship.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm

Surely we all hope for a top 7 finish which is what the OP is saying. It is nothing to do with Moyes "deserving" a top 7 finish, simply expressing a hope which I would imagine all West Ham supporters have, whether they want Moyes replaced or not.

Sadly I susperct there are a small number who would like to see us fall away so they can tell us all "I told you so", but I guarantee they would be the first lot whining into their coffee cups if that happened and all the better players decided to jump ship.
Funny, i thought he said exactly that, and in no terms did i say we all didnt hope for a top seven finish..

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

just my gut feel for the guy Joe. he's delivered in the past 3 years, not sure anyone can deny that. i read People deriding the europa conference win, saying we were favorites like that means anything. Gave me my best moment in 40 yrs.
as mentioned it seems clear his time is up as its gone very toxic.
excited to see who comes in but terrified as well!
The shining light if its someone whos been in the prem and failed would be Emery, failed at Arsenal but has turned villa into a great team. we can but hope and its defo the hope that kills ya :D

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:51 pm

just my gut feel for the guy Joe. he's delivered in the past 3 years, not sure anyone can deny that. i read People deriding the europa conference win, saying we were favorites like that means anything. Gave me my best moment in 40 yrs.
The shining light if its someone whos been in the prem and failed would be Emery, failed at Arsenal but has turned villa into a great team. we can but hope and its defo the hope that kills ya :D
Agreed about hope kills, best to let it go but it isnt so easy. I try but always more is shoved at you. Well we will know one way or the other come. May.

garnett

Post by garnett »

My thoughts for what it's worth,
Will we win Europa league ? NO
Will we get 8th place ? As it stands NO
Will 9th or lower be seen as a successful season by our owners ? NO in my opinion
Would our owner's pull the plug as soon as we are out of Europa league ? Big possibility in my opinion

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Quote :
People deriding the europa conference win, saying we were favorites like that means anything. Gave me my best moment in 40 yrs.
excited to see who comes in but terrified as well! Unquote

No one derides the Conference cup win..It was a good achievement.
but we rightly should have been one of the favourites in a new competition designed for the 'lesser' clubs in Europe.
For ANY Premier League club , this Conference League is a bit of a Premier League bully-up ..which seems to defeat the original concept...shirley?
I guess the real achievement is finishing high enough in the Premier League to qualify 😜.

But it worked out for the best in the end...David finally..finally .. won something.

I actually think reaching the semis of the Europa league is the bigger achievement for David.
Alas, he and the players totally lost their shit and bottled it against Frankfurt...thats on David.

David is a loser at heart, he has no idea about a winners mentality.

As for being terrified of who comes in...Really ?
.. is David a safety blanket for you?

FEAR NOT MY FRIEND..

There will be life after David

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

normannomates wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:07 am

Quote :
People deriding the europa conference win, saying we were favorites like that means anything. Gave me my best moment in 40 yrs.

but we rightly should have been one of the favourites in a new competition designed for the 'lesser' clubs in Europe.
For ANY Premier League club , this Conference League is a bit of a Premier League bully-up ..which seems to defeat the original concept...shirley?
I guess the real achievement is finishing high enough in the Premier League to qualify 😜.

But it worked out for the best in the end...David finally..finally .. won something.

I actually think reaching the semis of the Europa league is the bigger achievement for David.
Alas, he and the players totally lost their shit and bottled it against Frankfurt...thats on David.

FEAR NOT MY FRIEND..

I agree with you Norman
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

normannomates wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:07 am

Quote :

FEAR NOT MY FRIEND..

goodpost:)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.