Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Well now David.

Post by Newmarket »

Do we need this fella ? Just a thought …

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... uthampton/
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:30 am Do we need this fella ? Just a thought …

Dream on

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:30 am Do we need this fella ? Just a thought …

Well he would be a huge upgrade on Moyes. He doesnt wamt to stifle players abilities he wants them to be better, polar opposite to Moyes.

I like his attitude towards ball retention and where he prefers to keep it, again a polar opposite to Moyes.

Also his take on fear and football, i get that. Should never fear to lose it restricts your flow on the pitch.

I would give him a go.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

A good read. But he's going ok at the saints so would we interest him?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 am

Tbh he’d never even occurred to me before or even seen Southampton to have a proper opinion but that article impressed me .
As for your question he has Flynn Downes with him at Saints to provide him with what would probably be a decent frame of reference.

Let’s put it this way , if Russell Martin was to manage us I’d wager Downes would want to follow him .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am
tassiehammer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 am

Tbh he’d never even occurred to me before or even seen Southampton to have a proper opinion but that article impressed me .
As for your question he has Flynn Downes with him at Saints to provide him with what would probably be a decent frame of reference.

Let’s put it this way , if Russell Martin was to manage us I’d wager Downes would want to follow him .
Doing very well at Southampton but tbh I woulds be more inclined to go with someone with a track record at the highest level either here on in a decent European league. As Vincent Kompany is finding out the PL is a much more difficult beast than the Championship.

The dwarf does like his home grown managers though. But for home growners my choice at the moment would probably be Rob Edwards.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:18 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am

Doing very well at Southampton but tbh I woulds be more inclined to go with someone with a track record at the highest level either here on in a decent European league. As Vincent Kompany is finding out the PL is a much more difficult beast than the Championship.

The dwarf does like his home grown managers though. But for home growners my choice at the moment would probably be Rob Edwards.
Good call . really like what he has done with Luton and the way he did it to get them out of the Championship .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:47 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:18 am

Good call . really like what he has done with Luton and the way he did it to get them out of the Championship .
Of course at Luton he has the support of a very competenet chairman which always helps. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Re: JESUS OF NAZARETH Question: "Could Jesus of Nazareth have been a West Ham United fan?

Post by eskimo joe »

Nah! He was one of the players that got crucified on sunday. Maybe sunday was the problem, his day of rest.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

JESUS OF NAZARETH - useless made up cunt, could not deal with crosses
Covid in the Boardroom