Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Well now David.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:12 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:55 pm

Agreed
I've never really bought in to the certain way of play either tbh.
That so called style got us some proper hidings back in the day, to be honest like you say it also brought some cracking football as well, but there has to be a balance.
Saturday was a prime example.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pleased we won, but dear God it was awful to watch. When you actually feel sorry for the team you beat, you know there's something drastically wrong at the club.
The thing is this isn't a one off, this is our football now, at least for the next 5/6 months. For me personally if he's given another contract after this season (I wouldn't put it past them!), then I think my 50 odd year love affair with West Ham will come to an end.
I don't expect us to become a Man City, win the premier league or complete a treble, but there has to be modicum of entertainment.
In my humble there is more chance of David Sullivan winning next years London Marathon wearing a black tutu and a Marilyn Monroe wig than there is of Moyes being awarded another contract.

The only way I could see that coming remotely close to happening would be if we were to win the Europa League and find ourselves in next years CL. But I think we can all agree that's not going to happen. Anyhow my mates in Germany tell me that Herr Steidten has sounded out Edin Terzic regarding the impending managerial vacancy. Nothing will happen while Dortmund are still in the CL but apparently Terzic is under "scrutony" because of poor league results.

They're fourth !!! I'll have some of those poor performances please.

Your not suggesting we lose in Europe in order to rid ourselves of the Scottish Pep are you Whisk? ( It's ok I know what you mean) But there are some out there that would suggest you're not a fan, hunt you down like a wild beast and burn you at the stake.
Can't say I know anything about Terzic, but I do have faith in Mr Steidten to make the right decision.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:07 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:01 pm

Can’t disagree with that tbh , they pretty much left him alone there.
Mind you Terry has been caned on there a few times tbf .
Proper 6 of the best trousers down :lol:

Tez , you need to start throwing a few cunts and fucks into em …. Show em you mean business
He does adopt, shall we say, a very confrontational approach on there towards certain posters.
A bit like a poster on here, ;) :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:49 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:12 pm

In my humble there is more chance of David Sullivan winning next years London Marathon wearing a black tutu and a Marilyn Monroe wig than there is of Moyes being awarded another contract.

The only way I could see that coming remotely close to happening would be if we were to win the Europa League and find ourselves in next years CL. But I think we can all agree that's not going to happen. Anyhow my mates in Germany tell me that Herr Steidten has sounded out Edin Terzic regarding the impending managerial vacancy. Nothing will happen while Dortmund are still in the CL but apparently Terzic is under "scrutony" because of poor league results.

They're fourth !!! I'll have some of those poor performances please.

Your not suggesting we lose in Europe in order to rid ourselves of the Scottish Pep are you Whisk? ( It's ok I know what you mean) But there are some out there that would suggest you're not a fan, hunt you down like a wild beast and burn you at the stake.
Can't say I know anything about Terzic, but I do have faith in Mr Steidten to make the right decision.
He was Bilic’s assistant at West Ham BB .
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:42 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:49 pm

Cheers Tim 👍
Well if the rumour is true Dortmund obviously have faith in him, and like I say I trust Steidtens judgement.
Anythings got to be better than the current gobshite.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:41 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:42 pm

Cheers Tim 👍
Well if the rumour is true Dortmund obviously have faith in him, and like I say I trust Steidtens judgement.
German clubs can be a bit trigger happy and the word there is that despite progressing in the CL Sebastian Kehl, their Tim Steidten figure, is unhappy that they are lagging in fourth place in the Bundesliga. And apparently there were rumblings of discontent when they blew the chance of the Championship in the final game of last season.

Can't see Terzic being replaced whilst they are still in the CL, so he's safe until February at least, but after that, who knows ? Of course I guess German journos are the same as ours when it comes to putting two and two together and making six. Terzic used to coach at West Ham so he must be on their short list. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:06 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:41 am

Cheers Tim 👍
German clubs can be a bit trigger happy and the word there is that despite progressing in the CL Sebastian Kehl, their Tim Steidten figure, is unhappy that they are lagging in fourth place in the Bundesliga. And apparently there were rumblings of discontent when they blew the chance of the Championship in the final game of last season.

Can't see Terzic being replaced whilst they are still in the CL, so he's safe until February at least, but after that, who knows ? Of course I guess German journos are the same as ours when it comes to putting two and two together and making six. Terzic used to coach at West Ham so he must be on their short list. ;)
What a performance the other night too . I know vs 10 men but to win from 2-0 down was some achievement.
Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

MOYSIE was BEAMING in his post match presser....

well happy he was....

id like to think hes on a deliberate wind -up...but somehow i think not

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

So its the fans fault again, says Mr Moyes

"There might have been a bit of carry over from the game in midweek. We didn't play quick enough, we need a big atmosphere here on a Sunday and it's not always easy to get it with these kick-off times, to help the players as well.
So let me get this right, the team played like shit, as per usual I might add, because the players were suffering from the midweek game, but if I'm not mistaken only 5 of them played the match, so I can't really concur with that lame excuse. If he had just the slightest idea of squad rotation then maybe he wouldn't need to use that excuse.
64,000 fans watching a bore fest and he expects them to get behind a mis-firing team with antiquated tactics, to be fair they do their best , but there's a limit most people can take.
Just another nasty dig at the fans for cunting him off, and he deserves it, it's not the fans fault for such dire performances David, it's yours.

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:03 am So its the fans fault again, says Mr Moyes

"There might have been a bit of carry over from the game in midweek. We didn't play quick enough, we need a big atmosphere here on a Sunday and it's not always easy to get it with these kick-off times, to help the players as well.
So let me get this right, the team played like shit, as per usual I might add, because the players were suffering from the midweek game, but if I'm not mistaken only 5 of them played the match, so I can't really concur with that lame excuse. If he had just the slightest idea of squad rotation then maybe he wouldn't need to use that excuse.
64,000 fans watching a bore fest and he expects them to get behind a mis-firing team with antiquated tactics, to be fair they do their best , but there's a limit most people can take.
Just another nasty dig at the fans for cunting him off, and he deserves it, it's not the fans fault for such dire performances David, it's yours.
Facts!!

I did see that bit of interview too. Blokes a cunt
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

COYI!!!