Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Well now David.

Post by terrya1965 »

Somebody wrote this on the David Moyes thread on KUMB tonight.

hammer1975 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:11 pm
I find some of our games predictable and boring.

I find every single Man City game predictable and boring.

:lol:

So he is saying,he'd rather watch Moyes's football than watch City's.

I replied back saying
F*cking hell,I have seen some outrageous statements backing Moysie's tactics,but this one is really taking the biscuit.

I got the normal stick back off the Moyes lovers. :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:31 pm Somebody wrote this on the David Moyes thread on KUMB tonight.

I replied back saying
F*cking hell,I have seen some outrageous statements backing Moysie's tactics,but this one is really taking the biscuit.

Strange as it may seem Tel, there are people out there that can see no wrong in the cunt.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:52 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:31 pm Somebody wrote this on the David Moyes thread on KUMB tonight.

I replied back saying

Strange as it may seem Tel, there are people out there that can see no wrong in the cunt.
Indeed there are. Cunts to a man. Need to open their eyes and minds. lof course they do.

But aren't the people who see nothing right with the cunt equally blinkered ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I replied back saying

Oh dear Terry, you just don't get it do you ?

This is your actual reply

REALLY! :crylol: :crylol:

Go and put this on every other Football forum in the PL and we will see if they think City are more boring than West Ham to watch.

I have seen some outrageous statements backing Moysie's tactics,but this one is really taking the biscuit.

Have you spotted your deliberate mistakes yet ?

Where does the poster back Moyes' tactics ? He says he finds some of our games predictable and boring. Which basically is a comment I can identify with myself. I don't find City's games boring tbh, however many of them are predictable because they're so bloody good.

If you are constantly going to criticise posters on KUMB for disagreeing with you at least you could read the post properly and be critical of something that was actually said instead of your interpretation of it. And you didn't get any stick back that I could see. Just one response in fact. Someone saying he could see where the OP was coming from so he didn't find it laughable. Presumably a reference to the emoji you put up there. As I've said many times before if you took the trouble to read posts PROPERLY you would find there is a great deal of criticism of Moyes on the KUMB site. Some of it even posted by me.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:57 pm

I replied back saying

Go and put this on every other Football forum in the PL and we will see if they think City are more boring than West Ham to watch.

I have seen some outrageous statements backing Moysie's tactics,but this one is really taking the biscuit.

Where does the poster back Moyes' tactics ? He says he finds some of our games predictable and boring. Which basically is a comment I can identify with myself. I don't find City's games boring tbh, however many of them are predictable because they're so bloody good.

If you are constantly going to criticise posters on KUMB for disagreeing with you at least you could read the post properly and be critical of something that was actually said instead of your interpretation of it. And you didn't get any stick back that I could see. Just one response in fact. Someone saying he could see where the OP was coming from so he didn't find it laughable. Presumably a reference to the emoji you put up there. As I've said many times before if you took the trouble to read posts PROPERLY you would find there is a great deal of criticism of Moyes on the KUMB site. Some of it even posted by me.
Can’t disagree with that tbh , they pretty much left him alone there.
Mind you Terry has been caned on there a few times tbf .
Proper 6 of the best trousers down :lol:

Tez , you need to start throwing a few cunts and fucks into em …. Show em you mean business
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:00 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:52 am

Indeed there are. Cunts to a man. Need to open their eyes and minds. lof course they do.

A lot of it depends on how long you've supported the club.
Younger fans in today's footballing world have grown up never knowing what it's like to see us win anything or play a certain way. It's all about the "the results business" and win ratios, percentages, all there at the click of a button. Along comes Moyes we win a cup and he's a God, fair enough. The difference is like everything else today, if you dare to have an opinion that differs in any way shape or form, you're castigated, they want to hunt you down, kill your family and murder your dog!
You can't joke with these people, they're vehemently against you and that's that.
I personally don't blame Moyes for what he's doing, staying put getting by and collecting a wage, let's face it we'd all do it given a chance, but that's as far as it goes with me. The football is garbage, the man management is worse, and the once proud youth academy which this club was renowned for is being turned in to a circus, by one person's ego.
I say one person's ego, but then you have to look at the people above the flack taker, who cleverly sit in the background and keep a very low profile in all this.
Perhaps those same people who back the manager with their stats and so forth should actually look at what's happened to other clubs he's been in charge of, to get a bit more perspective before wanting to send out hit squads.
At the end of the day it's all about opinions.
That said, where's the striker money gone, only I've heard we're a tad skint. DAVID!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:27 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:00 am

Younger fans in today's footballing world have grown up never knowing what it's like to see us win anything or play a certain way. It's all about the "the results business" and win ratios, percentages, all there at the click of a button. Along comes Moyes we win a cup and he's a God, fair enough. The difference is like everything else today, if you dare to have an opinion that differs in any way shape or form, you're castigated, they want to hunt you down, kill your family and murder your dog!
You can't joke with these people, they're vehemently against you and that's that.
I personally don't blame Moyes for what he's doing, staying put getting by and collecting a wage, let's face it we'd all do it given a chance, but that's as far as it goes with me. The football is garbage, the man management is worse, and the once proud youth academy which this club was renowned for is being turned in to a circus, by one person's ego.
I say one person's ego, but then you have to look at the people above the flack taker, who cleverly sit in the background and keep a very low profile in all this.
Perhaps those same people who back the manager with their stats and so forth should actually look at what's happened to other clubs he's been in charge of, to get a bit more perspective before wanting to send out hit squads.
That said, where's the striker money gone, only I've heard we're a tad skint. DAVID!!!!!
I get your point but tbh, and I’ve supported the club since the 70s, I don’t buy into the play a certain way argument. In my time I’ve seen two really good footballing teams. The promotion team of 80/81 and of course the 85/86 vintage. The rest of the time it’s pretty much been wall to wall mediocrity, or worse, occasionally lit up and carried by individual talents like Tevez, diCanio and Payet.

But I make you right it’s a generational thing. Today’s society demands instant results so it shouldn’t surprise us that the fan of today wants that instant success for his team. Maybe some of them should watch some footage of the 85/86 team if the honestly believe Moyesball is as good as it gets. And those who believe Moyes has done nothing right should be in the next room watching re runs of the crap Pardew was serving up in the Championship days. And that’s without mentioning Macari and Grant.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:01 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:57 pm

Can’t disagree with that tbh , they pretty much left him alone there.
Mind you Terry has been caned on there a few times tbf .
Proper 6 of the best trousers down :lol:

Tez , you need to start throwing a few cunts and fucks into em …. Show em you mean business
He does adopt, shall we say, a very confrontational approach on there towards certain posters.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:51 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:27 pm

I get your point but tbh, and I’ve supported the club since the 70s, I don’t buy into the play a certain way argument. In my time I’ve seen two really good footballing teams. The promotion team of 80/81 and of course the 85/86 vintage. The rest of the time it’s pretty much been wall to wall mediocrity, or worse, occasionally lit up and carried by individual talents like Tevez, diCanio and Payet.

But I make you right it’s a generational thing. Today’s society demands instant results so it shouldn’t surprise us that the fan of today wants that instant success for his team. Maybe some of them should watch some footage of the 85/86 team if the honestly believe Moyesball is as good as it gets. And those who believe Moyes has done nothing right should be in the next room watching re runs of the crap Pardew was serving up in the Championship days. And that’s without mentioning Macari and Grant.
Agreed
I've never really bought in to the certain way of play either tbh.
That so called style got us some proper hidings back in the day, to be honest like you say it also brought some cracking football as well, but there has to be a balance.
Saturday was a prime example.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pleased we won, but dear God it was awful to watch. When you actually feel sorry for the team you beat, you know there's something drastically wrong at the club.
The thing is this isn't a one off, this is our football now, at least for the next 5/6 months. For me personally if he's given another contract after this season (I wouldn't put it past them!), then I think my 50 odd year love affair with West Ham will come to an end.
I don't expect us to become a Man City, win the premier league or complete a treble, but there has to be modicum of entertainment.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:55 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:51 pm

Agreed
I've never really bought in to the certain way of play either tbh.
That so called style got us some proper hidings back in the day, to be honest like you say it also brought some cracking football as well, but there has to be a balance.
Saturday was a prime example.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pleased we won, but dear God it was awful to watch. When you actually feel sorry for the team you beat, you know there's something drastically wrong at the club.
The thing is this isn't a one off, this is our football now, at least for the next 5/6 months. For me personally if he's given another contract after this season (I wouldn't put it past them!), then I think my 50 odd year love affair with West Ham will come to an end.
I don't expect us to become a Man City, win the premier league or complete a treble, but there has to be modicum of entertainment.
In my humble there is more chance of David Sullivan winning next years London Marathon wearing a black tutu and a Marilyn Monroe wig than there is of Moyes being awarded another contract.

The only way I could see that coming remotely close to happening would be if we were to win the Europa League and find ourselves in next years CL. But I think we can all agree that's not going to happen. Anyhow my mates in Germany tell me that Herr Steidten has sounded out Edin Terzic regarding the impending managerial vacancy. Nothing will happen while Dortmund are still in the CL but apparently Terzic is under "scrutony" because of poor league results.

They're fourth !!! I'll have some of those poor performances please.