Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Well now David.

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:50 pm Suspended bets on Benitez on our next manager.

What is it with our club? We always go on a Dino hunt.
Zero imagination when it comes to management appointments
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I think they'll get rid nearer the end of the transfer window in order to make sure the new incumbent wouldn't have time to scout out possible transfer targets and thus save them money.
I also think they'll sell Declan on the last day of the window, one of those last minute paperwork deadline things that go through after the Window has officially closed.
They'll trouser the proceeds and leave the new man to pick up the pieces, buy that time we'll be bottom of the league possibly cut adrift by a couple of points.
Then when we're almost relegated come march (quite possibly sooner) they'll announce to not much of a fanfare on sky sports (naturally) their selling up, as they've taken the club as far as they could.
Fixtures come out and our first match is at home to Stoke in the championship.

That's my take, you heard it here first.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:08 pm I think they'll get rid nearer the end of the transfer window in order to make sure the new incumbent wouldn't have time to scout out possible transfer targets and thus save them money.
I also think they'll sell Declan on the last day of the window, one of those last minute paperwork deadline things that go through after the Window has officially closed.
They'll trouser the proceeds and leave the new man to pick up the pieces, buy that time we'll be bottom of the league possibly cut adrift by a couple of points.
Then when we're almost relegated come march (quite possibly sooner) they'll announce to not much of a fanfare on sky sports (naturally) their selling up, as they've taken the club as far as they could.
Fixtures come out and our first match is at home to Stoke in the championship.

That's my take, you heard it here first.
Said pretty much the same as your 1st point the other day BB. Clearly the sort of thing they would do.
COYI!!!

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, can someone please tell me why the board employed Warburton, wouldn't he have been the natural successor if they did actually have a plan or what the fuck have we been paying him to do ?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

I like Dyche. There's a brilliant video clip doing the rounds of one of his press conferences talking about lookylikees.

Not sure I'd want him as our manager though

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:58 am Morning, can someone please tell me why the board employed Warburton, wouldn't he have been the natural successor if they did actually have a plan or what the fuck have we been paying him to do ?
Doesn't his daughter work for an agency ? In all seriousness probably seen by the dwarf as a cheap way of getting inside info on player availability. Seems the way he would do business tbh, similar to the way he uses his little lap dog, Silkman, to sniff out a good bargain.

If that wasn't the reason I can only assume it's because he knocks out a decent loaf of bread.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

He is only here because they have left it too late for a replacement?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... reach.html

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

dagenhamdave wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:01 am He is only here because they have left it too late for a replacement?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... reach.html
You are probably right there, even suggesting that they give him the tin tack and take one of the two on for the short term with provisos would be a gamble that would cost them more money. So it looks like a grit your teeth and hope.

Should we by some chance survive I would show him the door after the last game and spend between now and enlarge the list they have already drafted.

Wisdom is following Sullivan and Moyes.. problem is they are running too fast for it to catch them.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

If it’s the Spanish waiter then so be it.
So long as I don’t have to see soppy bollocks that other prick Nevin and iPad fucking Nolan in the dugout ever again that’s fine by me.
Fucking clueless cunts.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:44 am If it’s the Spanish waiter then so be it.
So long as I don’t have to see soppy bollocks that other prick Nevin and iPad fucking Nolan in the dugout ever again that’s fine by me.
Really DP ? , I have as much appreciation for the Spanish waiter as I do for the Scot's narcissist , another one who likes to put players into unorthodox positions , really wouldn't want to see him on the sideline , just like I never wanted Moyes there .. No thanks , think I would prefer Dyche to be honest .