Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Well now David.

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:45 pm The silly cunt should be sectioned.
Personally, I think Hammertime is a decent bloke :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Hammertime wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:38 pm Can't believe I'm doing this, but I feel the dour Scot needs a bit of defending (no pun intended - but well...)

Our first half of the season saw injuries, at various times, along the back line to Johnson, Dawson, Zouma, Aguerd and to a lesser degree Ogbonna. This unsettling of our back line has meant we are more porous at the back than previous Moyes campaigns, which as a result has seen the likes of Rice, Soucek and Bowen given less freedoms in the opposition half. Add to this the bedding in of Paqueta and Scamacca (2 players I have a lot of faith will come good for us) and further injuries to Cornet and Antonio, has resulted in this deep squad underperforming early doors.

The perceived bullying of Benrahma is interesting in itself as while I agree with Moyes that his wastefulness is compounded by our weakened back line, I also feel this pays dividends in the attacking half and as West Ham fans, we're conditioned to favour the attack at the expense of the defense. I think we'll have a much rosier 2nd half of the season, if not I will eat hat, crow and the slew of diatribe on here!
Crikey. How did such a reasoned and balanced post end up on whinefest here rather than a fans forum ?

goodpost:)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:01 pm
Hammertime wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:38 pm Can't believe I'm doing this, but I feel the dour Scot needs a bit of defending (no pun intended - but well...)

Our first half of the season saw injuries, at various times, along the back line to Johnson, Dawson, Zouma, Aguerd and to a lesser degree Ogbonna. This unsettling of our back line has meant we are more porous at the back than previous Moyes campaigns, which as a result has seen the likes of Rice, Soucek and Bowen given less freedoms in the opposition half. Add to this the bedding in of Paqueta and Scamacca (2 players I have a lot of faith will come good for us) and further injuries to Cornet and Antonio, has resulted in this deep squad underperforming early doors.

The perceived bullying of Benrahma is interesting in itself as while I agree with Moyes that his wastefulness is compounded by our weakened back line, I also feel this pays dividends in the attacking half and as West Ham fans, we're conditioned to favour the attack at the expense of the defense. I think we'll have a much rosier 2nd half of the season, if not I will eat hat, crow and the slew of diatribe on here!
Crikey. How did such a reasoned and balanced post end up on whinefest here rather than a fans forum ?

Someone had to . I’ve been pleading with you and HD1 to give your tuppence worth for weeks
Bring back Jonathon !

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:37 am Maybe if he set up more attack minded the defence wouldn't be under so much pressure, or at the very least there would be less opportunity for mistakes. It's not in his book of methods though
Correct, he's a defense first kind of manager which why the song starts with 'Zouma in the back!"
#fuckqatar2022

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:33 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:01 pm

Someone had to . I’ve been pleading with you and HD1 to give your tuppence worth for weeks
At least someone missed them.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:53 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:33 pm

Now now Joe , balanced opinions and all that …
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:41 am

True, but one does have to remember there are more than one opinion.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Don't know if you ever see their blogs but I stumbled across one by a bloke called Nick on Claret And Booze and the poor sod was almost bloody suicidal. Seriously getting worked up like he was can't be good for your bloody health.

Do you know if Claret & Booze in any way associated with the infamous C & H or is the name similarity just a coincidence ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:02 am

Don't know if you ever see their blogs but I stumbled across one by a bloke called Nick on Claret And Booze and the poor sod was almost bloody suicidal. Seriously getting worked up like he was can't be good for your bloody health.

Do you know if Claret & Booze in any way associated with the infamous C & H or is the name similarity just a coincidence ?
Don't know which one you saw, I saw the one where he spoke about Moyes comment re relegation battle. He was a bit upset near the end when he spoke of his uncles death.

Also saw him in Hammerschat with the two Ronnie's. Seemed ok to me. Don't think he would be some people's cup of tea though.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:02 am

Oh he’s pretty er , how shall I say it , er , in favour of a change of manager :lol:
Quite like him actually I am genuinely amused .
Bring back Jonathon !