Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Question is, when we ever win a game at Old Trafford? With Paqueta and possibly Bowen out injured for this match, it is very thin chance for us to get anything from this game but we need to give a good go like we did against Liverpool however, our final third need to do better.

Fabianski

Kehrer
Zouma
Dawson
Cresswell

Rice
Downes (ahead of Soucek)

Benrahma
Lanzini
Fornals

Scamacca

Hope we will do well and no slow start or defending all the time as we need to attack to get anything from this game..

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

brookingslovechild

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

usual drubbing and grief from Brother in law incoming.

With no bowen i would love for him to put antonio on the wing (where he started as i recall). He's still a handful and albeit his crossing is bit shite it might free up space for scamacca.

I'm begging for fornals in the centre along side rice , thomas/downes. He's got a killer pass in him and is wasted on the left.

Scamacca , clearly talented, but needs to keep it a bit more simple , not sure you see the best goal scorers fuckin about with it as much as he does, barcelona we aint.

To me its a free hit, Utd have found form we've had 2 ugly wins on the bounce and dont look much like scoring in open play.

Bite your hand off for a draw but suspect we all would.

3-1 utd, a lot of ugly texts to Brother in law followed by a weeks silence whilst i calm down.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:52 pm Question is, when we ever win a game at Old Trafford? With Paqueta and possibly Bowen out injured for this match, it is very thin chance for us to get anything from this game but we need to give a good go like we did against Liverpool however, our final third need to do better.

Fabianski

Kehrer
Zouma
Dawson
Cresswell

Rice
Downes (ahead of Soucek)

Benrahma
Lanzini
Fornals

Scamacca

Hope we will do well and no slow start or defending all the time as we need to attack to get anything from this game..

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
No Aguerd?! Guess you are right, too early for such a big game.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Moyes don’t win away to these teams so missing Bowen and Paqueta ain’t an issue. Roll on next week
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:01 pm Moyes don’t win away to these teams so missing Bowen and Paqueta ain’t an issue. Roll on next week
Good point! So why even try?! I guess.

But what is there to lose?! Go for broke I say and to hell with the GD.

What's goal difference worth anyway?! 1 point if you finish level and I don't think it will effect us at either top not bottom....but I'm not certain.

Of course, I could have missed something.

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:35 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:01 pm Moyes don’t win away to these teams so missing Bowen and Paqueta ain’t an issue. Roll on next week

What's goal difference worth anyway?! 1 point if you finish level and I don't think it will effect us at either top not bottom....but I'm not certain.

Fair point
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

Maybe we will indeed go for broke, defend pretty well but concede a stunner of a goal, have the second most possession there all season have 8 shots, 3 on target....miss 2 sitters and miss a penalty but due to poor finishing and a terrible penalty, lose the game.......and then complain we were too defensive and never win there :lol:

Who knows ? Thats the beauty of football !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:09 pm

Maybe we will indeed go for broke, defend pretty well but concede a stunner of a goal, have the second most possession there all season have 8 shots, 3 on target....miss 2 sitters and miss a penalty but due to poor finishing and a terrible penalty, lose the game.......and then complain we were too defensive and never win there :lol:

No need to go for broke as you say, recklass abandon will probably not be rewarded and we have a coach that doesn't favour that approach...much.

What is needed here, is structured pragmatism: and with that in mind; playing a front three of Benrahma,Scamacca, Antonio might compensate for the
Paqueta abscence.

Then you probably want your worker bees in the midfield to balance the slackers up front: say a trident of Rice,Downes,Lanzini.

The logic in keeping the deadly duo of Soucek and Fornals in reserve, is - Thomas Soucek is less of a worker bee and Pablo Fornals's ball retention is not as assured as Manuel Lanzin's. This I think might be pertinent to a positive outcome.

Of course it could all go wrong further back, but if everyone does their jobs...

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:45 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:09 pm

No need to go for broke as you say, recklass abandon will probably not be rewarded and we have a coach that doesn't favour that approach...much.

What is needed here, is structured pragmatism: and with that in mind; playing a front three of Benrahma,Scamacca, Antonio might compensate for the
Paqueta abscence.

Then you probably want your worker bees in the midfield to balance the slackers up front: say a trident of Rice,Downes,Lanzini.

The logic in keeping the deadly duo of Soucek and Fornals in reserve, is - Thomas Soucek is less of a worker bee and Pablo Fornals's ball retention is not as assured as Manuel Lanzin's. This I think might be pertinent to a positive outcome.

Of course it could all go wrong further back, but if everyone does their jobs...
I was actually being a bit sarcy, but it wouldn't hurt to be a little more proactive.

We rarely win at theirs in the Pl league, and more often than not have lost with the exception of 1 win in 2007. Of course we could have a repeat of the 7-0 drubbing but it would be nice to start a game like this thinking we can win it instead of worrying we might lose by trying solely not to.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

You’ve said it all there so I won’t bother to add anything.

Ooh except to say 😊 Antonio for this one .

He’s better suited to running around isolated like a headless chicken .
Bring our centre forward on on 75 minutes when we’re giving it a go .
Bring back Jonathon !