West Ham vs Anderlecht Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Anderlecht Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:25 am Well we will see in January if he is sold. Moyes is quoted as saying that his recent injury has been the reason for his absence from selected squad. He would otherwise have found him some minutes. Does Ashby want mere minute?!
With respect to Ashby, who I think is a decent prospect, what Ashby wants has an element of "Tail wags dog" about it. If he indicates he is prepared to commit himself to a new contract, great. Give him as much match time as his performances warrant. On the other hand I don't see an upside to playing a lad who has already decided he sees his future elsewhere.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tokyojoe

Post by tokyojoe »

It will be the same team as the one which started last Thursday but Cornet instead of Bowen if he is fit to play.

We'll probably win by one or two goals.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:25 am Well we will see in January if he is sold. Moyes is quoted as saying that his recent injury has been the reason for his absence from selected squad. He would otherwise have found him some minutes. Does Ashby want mere minute?!
I have no idea what goes on at our club EJ , but what I can say as I have seen it with my own eyes is Moyes has a funny way of treating those who show promise , Ashby definitely has , even Longelo last season was MoM in a European match , hasn't been seen since , Moyes even stooped so low as to play Fornals if memory serves me right as a LWB in a match when Cresswell was not available , what must that do to those youngsters hoping to make the 1st team .
Don't know about giving Ashby minutes , the lad has shown he's ready to start in my book , thing is we will never know for sure at this rate . Thing is Coufal is not the player he was ( if he ever was ) , Johnson is no starting fullback ( defensively fine ) think he will make a decent CB though . Kehrer might be a starting fullback for Germany , but they as a footballing nation are in no great shakes at the moment .

Fuck me Moyes either doesn't like Benrahma or just doesn't want to play him , because I thought he looked good , our best player at the start of the season ( and I would have sold him in the summer ) and Moyes dropped him , then puts him back in and he's shite again .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:59 am
With respect to Ashby, who I think is a decent prospect, what Ashby wants has an element of "Tail wags dog" about it. If he indicates he is prepared to commit himself to a new contract, great. Give him as much match time as his performances warrant. On the other hand I don't see an upside to playing a lad who has already decided he sees his future elsewhere.
And there lays the problem, his contract, on the evidence he has seen it doesn't encourage him to wish to extend it. And on the other side, it does little to encourage Moyes, who once stated he wanted to integrate youth and shown very little sign of trusting in it, to start him.

Ashby will now become a gift to others such as Leeds or Newcastle merely because Moyes would rather not play him to show his intent( other than the odd Europa game) just because he wouldn't lengthen his year long contract.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:51 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:59 am

And there lays the problem, his contract, on the evidence he has seen it doesn't encourage him to wish to extend it. And on the other side, it does little to encourage Moyes, who once stated he wanted to integrate youth and shown very little sign of trusting in it, to start him.

Ashby will now become a gift to others such as Leeds or Newcastle merely because Moyes would rather not play him to show his intent( other than the odd Europa game) just because he wouldn't lengthen his year long contract.
Well winning is what he does and promoting the youth is what he does - from his own mouth...

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

The fact is there are two or three PL teams including Leeds and Newcastle who are willing to part with their money for his services, means there must be a decent player in there, and maybe he will have the opportunity for more game time. As for money motivated it's not a crime, West ham have waited until the end of his contract to start negotiating if he was in Moyes plans that new contract would of tied down well before now. Lack of commitment from the board.
Look at Sonny Perkins, used as a bench warmer, his contract was allowed to run down, no opportunities, so he was allowed to leave, I say allowed because he was cunted off by the club for leaving. Again a last ditch attempt to sign him to an inferior contract to what other clubs were offering, why would he stay. I spoke to a mate of mine who's a Leeds fan and they are wanking over him there, 8 goals in 8 matches. It's our loss.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:38 pm The fact is there are two or three PL teams including Leeds and Newcastle who are willing to part with their money for his services, means there must be a decent player in there, and maybe he will have the opportunity for more game time. As for money motivated it's not a crime, West ham have waited until the end of his contract to start negotiating if he was in Moyes plans that new contract would of tied down well before now. Lack of commitment from the board.
Look at Sonny Perkins, used as a bench warmer, his contract was allowed to run down, no opportunities, so he was allowed to leave, I say allowed because he was cunted off by the club for leaving. Again a last ditch attempt to sign him to an inferior contract to what other clubs were offering, why would he stay. I spoke to a mate of mine who's a Leeds fan and they are wanking over him there, 8 goals in 8 matches. It's our loss.
Absolutely no problem at all with being money motivated. We all want the best deal we can get from our employers so we can give the best to our families. No reason why footballers should be any different. The issue is, and none of us know the figures although doubtless there are some who will claim they do, are the young players asking for too much before they have actually achieved anything in the game or is the club not recognising what represents their market value when they sit down to negotiate.

Buggered if I know the answer to that one but we can probably all recall cases where a young player, has been given a massive pay hike and then sunk pretty much without trace. I imagine West Ham's dealings are influenced by what happened to Reece Oxford some years ago. Yes, he's still earning a living, priobably a decent one, from football but the hype, and no doubt salary that went with it, that accompanied him when he burst onto the scene, would have suggested that at this stage of his career he'd be doing better than being a rarely used squad player for F C Augsburg.

It's a conundrum is what it is. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:38 pm The fact is there are two or three PL teams including Leeds and Newcastle who are willing to part with their money for his services, means there must be a decent player in there, and maybe he will have the opportunity for more game time. As for money motivated it's not a crime, West ham have waited until the end of his contract to start negotiating if he was in Moyes plans that new contract would of tied down well before now. Lack of commitment from the board.
Agent asking for ridiculous wages scuppered our deal.
As for 8 in 8 for Leeds under 23s means fucking diddly squat to me.
Let your pal wank himself silly.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

perkins is slow

doubt he will make it in the prem TBH hope for his sake im wrong, his got the build ( if he keeps growing) but you cannot train speed

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:20 pm
Agent asking for ridiculous wages scuppered our deal.
As for 8 in 8 for Leeds under 23s means fucking diddly squat to me.
Let your pal wank himself silly.
Agents are greedy cunts.....I really haven't a clue how good or bad Perkins is and as he's not a West Ham player I don't really give a fuck.
As for my mate wanking himself silly he always has done since he was a kid, that will never stop... :lol: