VA frikken R...

Chat about anything football related here!
Rick_Deckard

VA frikken R...

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Don't hold your breaths...but at least people are speaking out....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62787324

Towie

Re: VA frikken R...

Post by Towie »

Nothing will change until they start holding the refs/VAR accountable.

Relegate them and not just got a week.

The head of the referees should be sacked, and the next Head should go and watch how they use VAR abroad.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

It's not just the refs, it's the guidelines they are given. It has created more problems than it has solved.

Every rule they have introduced into modern day football they have written in such a fashion that much of it is made to make something that you would imagine would be simple sound so complicated it does your head in reading it.

If we have to continue to use VAR then it's use needs to be restricted to how many times and on only certain occasions.

They been talking about shortening the periods and ways to get more active play, well doing away with VAR would help time wise. What was supposed to be an aide for prompt and quick decisions has failed miserably.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

In principle there is nothing wrong with VAR. It was introduced to help the refs make the right decision. Problem is it’s the unaccountability,in any way, of the refs themselves still making the same bad decisions, such as the toenail offsides etc we saw in its infancy. It’s been with us long enough for this shit to be sorted out and it’s clear those in charge of this system cannot or will not, for whatever reason or agenda, do so. As stated elsewhere, it doesn’t seem to be as prevalent abroad or in major tournaments. So you have look at possible reasons why this is.
I could be a VAR assistant one week and the next week be the ref on the pitch. Now, if I call into question a refs decision during a game am I undermining the refs authority or deemed to undermine his authority? Or will he feel that is the case? What’s to stop that very ref being a VAR assistant the following week and causing me problems when I’m taking a game? Some more senior refs might make life difficult, for younger or less experienced refs.
It’s a minefield. Until there is genuine accountability and perhaps some performance reviews or league tables for refs themselves I cannot see it changing. Perhaps UEFA should be in control of all match officials instead of the organisation currently? Saying that, perhaps it’s better the devil you know….
What I do know is that the system does work some of the time but not all of the time, a bit like football fans in general, it can’t keep
Everyone happy all the time…
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:40 pm In principle there is nothing wrong with VAR. It was introduced to help the refs make the right decision. Problem is it’s the unaccountability,in any way, of the refs themselves still making the same bad decisions, such as the toenail offsides etc we saw in its infancy. It’s been with us long enough for this shit to be sorted out and it’s clear those in charge of this system cannot or will not, for whatever reason or agenda, do so. As stated elsewhere, it doesn’t seem to be as prevalent abroad or in major tournaments. So you have look at possible reasons why this is.
I could be a VAR assistant one week and the next week be the ref on the pitch. Now, if I call into question a refs decision during a game am I undermining the refs authority or deemed to undermine his authority? Or will he feel that is the case? What’s to stop that very ref being a VAR assistant the following week and causing me problems when I’m taking a game? Some more senior refs might make life difficult, for younger or less experienced refs.
It’s a minefield. Until there is genuine accountability and perhaps some performance reviews or league tables for refs themselves I cannot see it changing. Perhaps UEFA should be in control of all match officials instead of the organisation currently? Saying that, perhaps it’s better the devil you know….
What I do know is that the system does work some of the time but not all of the time, a bit like football fans in general, it can’t keep
Good points btw, however a cynical view is it was introduced largely to please the tv watching audience and the carping studio pundits, who like to have something to masticate over with as they pad out their viewing schedules.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:40 pm In principle there is nothing wrong with VAR. It was introduced to help the refs make the right decision. Problem is it’s the unaccountability,in any way, of the refs themselves still making the same bad decisions, such as the toenail offsides etc we saw in its infancy. It’s been with us long enough for this shit to be sorted out and it’s clear those in charge of this system cannot or will not, for whatever reason or agenda, do so. As stated elsewhere, it doesn’t seem to be as prevalent abroad or in major tournaments. So you have look at possible reasons why this is.
You actually brought up some good points I hadn't even thought about. But if I understand correctly, the referee isn't obliged to observe VAR, it is merely suggested by the observer. The only one I would expect the ref to use VAR for is offside, and that can be curtailed if they changed the idiotic rules.

But in all cases the final decision is the refs. What is worse though is without VAR and he makes a wrong decision he looks less of a fool than he makes of himself making the same decision after watching VAR.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Big fucking deal. Don't change the scoreline does it. Cunts.

Post by 9898 »

We benefitted against Spurs and lost out against Chelsea. Evens out.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:19 pm We benefitted against Spurs and lost out against Chelsea. Evens out.
Yeah because hitting someone on the head with a ball is a penalty. Really poor even by your standards troll boy.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

If everyone played to the whistle, accepted the officials decision, right or wrong cunt them off later, and stopped acting the spoilt brat, then we wouldn't need var. Has been tried before for over a hundred years.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............