Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:45 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:42 pm +£120M and we still look a relegation side :oops:
Its not the money that wins matches ( though it can help ) , it's tactics and the players on the pitch , obviously at the moment Moyes's tactics/selection isn't working .
Second half.....watch how Popeye orchestrates plan B .....onwards and upwards

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I suppose DM will be pleased with the clean sheet. However nothing created going forward.

Expect to see Antonio,Benrahma,Cornet all on in the second half

I would say DMs not great at getting a group of players and blending them into a useful collection. One of the guys lesser strengths

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:50 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:43 pm

Probably fed up with all the aging , slow , uncreative , plodding and unskillful teammates if you ask me , talent can only do so much with what he has around him .
Now I might like to overstate situations we are in and have a go at how poor our players are at times all in fun of cause , but we are in the position we are in on the pitch today because of only one man , today I actually belief what I have said above .

We really need a player to find some individual brilliance .
He's the captain, he should lead by example. Ambling about is not the way.
Still only 23 I have no idea what sort of temperament he has , we do not know what is going on behind the scenes at Rush Green .
But pretty sure it can't be all pleasant and amiable .
He's not getting forward as much as he has been either , who knows .

downunda

Post by downunda »

Moyes isn't the only one to blame for this, the players are continually giving the ball away and have no urgency, but Moyes is certainly going to have change things the second half.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:12 pm Shape is definitely not defensive, looking like they're getting stuck in as well
I disagree- I think the shape is ultra cautious. Our two wingbacks are primarily playing as extra defenders, and we have both Rice and Soucek in midfield. As a result Bowen is totally isolated and Scamacca has too few options when he has the ball hoofed up to him.

Didn’t think I’d be able to watch this today. Still mustn’t grumble life does kick you in the bollocks from time to time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Unless this Brazilian is the dogs bollox it is going to be a hard season. The tactician at WH must be Stevie Wonder, another 45 mins with no shot on target, on their performances you could easily substitute half the team.

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Somebody needs to have a fucking word with Rice! Ridiculous interviews, isn't he 23? Sound like a kid and he's the captain ffs*!!!

No leadership or skill from Rice these days!!

Take Cresswll off and put Benny on, 4-3-3

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Cornet on for Emerson
Ogbonna on for Zouma
Benrahma on for Soucek
Antonio on for Bowen

I would have even put on Ashby when Johnson went off , but he's not on the bench :roll: :oops: .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

So it's carry on as normal then.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:58 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:12 pm Shape is definitely not defensive, looking like they're getting stuck in as well
I disagree- I think the shape is ultra cautious. Our two wingbacks are primarily playing as extra defenders, and we have both Rice and Soucek in midfield. As a result Bowen is totally isolated and Scamacca has too few options when he has the ball hoofed up to him.

Didn’t think I’d be able to watch this today. Still mustn’t grumble life does kick you in the bollocks from time to time.
Whisky , Hd said this when we were actually doing ok getting forward , but not long after we fell to pieces and reverted to kind :roll: .