How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:06 am
Riceascaptain wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:46 am

We have to agree to disagree about Soucek the man who has been a key player in our 2 best seasons in ages, like I said he is the most underrated player in recent times, 3rd best in the squad imo behind Bowen and Rice

He has been playing through tiredness because of lack of cover that has impacted his performances, the solution? Sign Gallagher or another proper CM for competitionandbackup.

Dawson has been very steady and I hope he will be here for the rest of his peak career, a mistake in him every game?? Excuse me but fuck off he has been our most consistent performers this season and largely because of him we got so far in Europe , he will hopefully be here competing for a starting spot for 3 more years at least.

I agree Benrahma is an impact sub and very effective in that role like he proved with his 8 goals and 6 assists in 34 apps mostly as a sub.

Cresswell is a very decent second choice left back for next season

Thankfully the fickle supporters who seem to be many on here are not the manager
If you read Towie's posts properly you'll see he isn't advocating clearing out the players mentioned but IMPROVING on them. I do agree with you about Soucek who I consider to have been nowhere as nearly as bad as some seem to think. He does a lot of "dirty work" in the middle of the field that goes unnoticed. I would add Antonio to the list as well tbh. A good, honest player but never in a million years a player who should be commanding a regular spot in a side hoping to compete for top 6.

The players to let go are the ones who struggle when they are brought in to do a job. I would say that would be Fredericks, Masuaku, Kral and Benrahma. I know many will disagree about Benrahma but for me he's the type of player a 12 year old, like my grandson, likes because he is capable of the occasional "wow, did you see that" moment but the rest of us see someone who struggles to impact the game when his little tricks and pirouettes don't come off. The older fan will remember Stuart Slater. Imo there are a great many similarities between Slater and Benrahma. While Moyes is manager I don't see that Benrahma, will be able to fulfil a useful role on anything like a regular basis. A season ticket holder mate of mine describes him as a player who would light up a testimonial but, when the nitty gritty starts and the tackles start flying in, disappears. I think it's significant that his international manager prefers Sofiane Feghouli (remember him ?) to Benrahma more often than not.
At least someone can read properly. 😉

I’m not saying let Soucek go either, but if Moyes going to continue playing him as sitting DM, there are much better players than him at doing it. Phillips at Leeds would be my choice.

As for Dawson, decent back up but a mistake happens every game, not all leads to a goal but here some recent examples.
Citeh gives Pen away,
Chelsea gets sent off
Eintracht away loses his man for goal

Etc, etc.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Re: How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:29 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:06 am

If you read Towie's posts properly you'll see he isn't advocating clearing out the players mentioned but IMPROVING on them. I do agree with you about Soucek who I consider to have been nowhere as nearly as bad as some seem to think. He does a lot of "dirty work" in the middle of the field that goes unnoticed. I would add Antonio to the list as well tbh. A good, honest player but never in a million years a player who should be commanding a regular spot in a side hoping to compete for top 6.

The players to let go are the ones who struggle when they are brought in to do a job. I would say that would be Fredericks, Masuaku, Kral and Benrahma. I know many will disagree about Benrahma but for me he's the type of player a 12 year old, like my grandson, likes because he is capable of the occasional "wow, did you see that" moment but the rest of us see someone who struggles to impact the game when his little tricks and pirouettes don't come off. The older fan will remember Stuart Slater. Imo there are a great many similarities between Slater and Benrahma. While Moyes is manager I don't see that Benrahma, will be able to fulfil a useful role on anything like a regular basis. A season ticket holder mate of mine describes him as a player who would light up a testimonial but, when the nitty gritty starts and the tackles start flying in, disappears. I think it's significant that his international manager prefers Sofiane Feghouli (remember him ?) to Benrahma more often than not.

I’m not saying let Soucek go either, but if Moyes going to continue playing him as sitting DM, there are much better players than him at doing it. Phillips at Leeds would be my choice.

As for Dawson, decent back up but a mistake happens every game, not all leads to a goal but here some recent examples.
Citeh gives Pen away,
Chelsea gets sent off

Etc, etc.
Looks like I’m marginally in front even though I’m letting you have the plaudits.
:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:05 am
Towie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:29 am

Citeh gives Pen away,
Chelsea gets sent off

Etc, etc.
Looks like I’m marginally in front even though I’m letting you have the plaudits.
:lol:
Newmarket u have shown yourself up as a very stupid person who I will never take seriously again.

You seriously need some footballing education because your opinions r so stupid its unbelievable and because u r the mod many kiss your ass on here its discusting

HAVE A BAD DAY BITCH

JayK

Post by JayK »

Is it school holidays this week?
COYI!!!

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

I´m not surprised this West Ham site isnt as popular as Westhamonline or KUMB

Newmarket is at fault with his ridiculousness

JayK

Post by JayK »

Riceascaptain wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:42 pm I´m not surprised this West Ham site isnt as popular as Westhamonline or KUMB

Sulking coz people disagree. Well fuckin ell :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:44 pm
Riceascaptain wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:42 pm I´m not surprised this West Ham site isnt as popular as Westhamonline or KUMB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Opinions are like arseholes … oooooh my arsehole is ridiculous and stupid .

My Cunticity knows no boundaries .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:35 pm

Barking boys.....

All cunts.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Barking boys.....

All cunts.
….to a man .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!