How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Post by BlackDiamond »

Riceascaptain wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:52 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 am

Ok . I thought I’d already explained but I’ll try again .
Noble Yarmalenko Fredericks and Kral gone ( not that the manky Scot’s git was prepared to use him anyway).

Randolph SHOULD be gone .
As should Masuaku

Cresswell , Dawson and Benrahma need upgrading as they are either too old too slow or just useless .
Vlasic needs upgrading to a player Moyes is prepared
to use (like Arthur).

So for starters that’s 2 CM’s required 3 if the Soucek rumours are true .
A left winger
A right winger
A Striker maybe even 2 as Bowen ain’t one .

So that’s seven new signings just to stay still .

Then we have to take into consideration the depth of the squad . There’s no point in trying to take on 4 competitions including the ECL without extra squad/bench options that the Dinosaur is prepared to use , we are just going to get another season like this one and as ‘great’ as it’s been SHIRLEY we have to want to keep progressing ?

If you look on the official website at this season’s squad you’ll see a list of 35 players , half of which are kids that Moyes wasn’t prepared to even TRY .
Of the other half , Noble , Yarmalenko, Fredericks and Vlasic were only used for 5 minutes here and there out of desperation to give Moyes’ favourites a rest here and there NEVER to try and change the course of a game .

Diop only got picked when there was nobody else so he rated him only marginally better than Alese or Baptiste.

I’m sure there’s some damning evidence I’ve missed to add weight to my argument too.

And we need these new players just to stand still let alone improve .
Personally I feel you could Moyes a year long window and a Billion £ budget and you’d only get 3 players including a loan and still have a one dimensional squad , no plan B due to lack of options .
A below par bench that have no chance of getting minutes .

I really don’t know if all this shit is just Sullivan or not but Moyes’ dithering, not just in the transfer market but his in game management leaves a lot to be desired .

I’m sure this post will come across as an ungrateful one considering how far we have come since Moyes but if we don’t intend to try and improve what’s the fucking point ?

I don’t disagree that we can’t and mustn’t do it on the cheap.

Unfortunately we have recently tried both . Umpteen players in the first season at the grottbowl none of which gelled and in the Pellegrini season where we spent loads to no avail .

Sorry it won’t happen.
Benrahma scored 8 in the prem while providing 6 assists as an impact sub in 34 apps, that's solid. He is a very good squad player we don't need to improve on imo.

Dawson needs upgrading? What the fuck r u on mate? METH? FFS he was my hammer of the year and many agree with me.

Cresswell is a solid second choice left back for next season.

So to summarize u r full of shit Newmarket ffs, have u been watching us?
A bit strong - glad we are all getting along :P

Thing is Dawson would like to relocate back to a Northern base club, so he might be allowed to depart. In any case DM wants a CB presumably to partner Zouma. So that puts Dason back as a back-up and he might not fancy that. Just a thought.

And DM wants asomebody more 'reliable' to share the engine room with Rice. And that ain't Soucek. You are looking at a Phillips or a Gallacher type.

Let's not forget the ongoing Lingard fixation, which would disturb and dislocate Benrahma's on/off ratios of involvement. Therefore it's the exit door for Said, who whilst admirably eye-catching, doesn't actually provide the sort of benefits, that sports watchers remember.

And while we're looking at those who don't do a lot, Vlasic is somebody whose performances remain a godforsaken mystery.

Therefore we can probably see, that with the Ins there will be Outs and unless Declan leaves (as if) then some of those Outs won't be popular.

Of course you might take the view that DM actually doesn't know what's he doing - and you won't be on your own in that opinion...other people suffer too

Newmarket

Re: How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Post by Newmarket »

Newmarket wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 am

Ok . I thought I’d already explained but I’ll try again .
Noble Yarmalenko Fredericks and Kral gone ( not that the manky Scot’s git was prepared to use him anyway).

Randolph SHOULD be gone .
As should Masuaku

Cresswell , Dawson and Benrahma need upgrading as they are either too old too slow or just useless .
Vlasic needs upgrading to a player Moyes is prepared
to use (like Arthur).

So for starters that’s 2 CM’s required 3 if the Soucek rumours are true .
A left winger
A right winger
A Striker maybe even 2 as Bowen ain’t one .

So that’s seven new signings just to stay still .

Then we have to take into consideration the depth of the squad . There’s no point in trying to take on 4 competitions including the ECL without extra squad/bench options that the Dinosaur is prepared to use , we are just going to get another season like this one and as ‘great’ as it’s been SHIRLEY we have to want to keep progressing ?

If you look on the official website at this season’s squad you’ll see a list of 35 players , half of which are kids that Moyes wasn’t prepared to even TRY .
Of the other half , Noble , Yarmalenko, Fredericks and Vlasic were only used for 5 minutes here and there out of desperation to give Moyes’ favourites a rest here and there NEVER to try and change the course of a game .

Diop only got picked when there was nobody else so he rated him only marginally better than Alese or Baptiste.

I’m sure there’s some damning evidence I’ve missed to add weight to my argument too.

And we need these new players just to stand still let alone improve .
Personally I feel you could Moyes a year long window and a Billion £ budget and you’d only get 3 players including a loan and still have a one dimensional squad , no plan B due to lack of options .
A below par bench that have no chance of getting minutes .

I really don’t know if all this shit is just Sullivan or not but Moyes’ dithering, not just in the transfer market but his in game management leaves a lot to be desired .

I’m sure this post will come across as an ungrateful one considering how far we have come since Moyes but if we don’t intend to try and improve what’s the fucking point ?

I don’t disagree that we can’t and mustn’t do it on the cheap.

Unfortunately we have recently tried both . Umpteen players in the first season at the grottbowl none of which gelled and in the Pellegrini season where we spent loads to no avail .

Sorry it won’t happen.
Benrahma scored 8 in the prem while providing 6 assists as an impact sub in 34 apps, that's solid. He is a very good squad player we don't need to improve on imo.

Dawson needs upgrading? What the fuck r u on mate? METH? FFS he was my hammer of the year and many agree with me.

If you think Benrahma and Dawson can’t be improved upon and you think Cresswell is a solid anything then I guess I wrong .
After all you know it all don’t you ….
Let’s see who agrees with who here shall we ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Newmarket wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:39 pm

If you think Benrahma and Dawson can’t be improved upon and you think Cresswell is a solid anything then I guess I wrong .
After all you know it all don’t you ….
Let’s see who agrees with who here shall we ?
R u gonna log in as blackdiamond and agree with yourself again Newmarket :?: :lol:

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

We should only be getting rid off the deadwood this summer and Soucek, Cresswell, Benrahma, Dawson and Coufal are not deadwood, they r solid squad players

Many on here have short memories

Towie

Post by Towie »

Riceascaptain wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:59 pm We should only be getting rid off the deadwood this summer and Soucek, Cresswell, Benrahma, Dawson and Coufal are not deadwood, they r solid squad players

Soucek 1st season keep, off course that is down to the manager to play him in the role. If you keeping Soucek for the sitting role then sorry can be improved upon.
Dawson has a mistake in him every game, back up player.
Cresswell needs competition, should be back up player now.
Benrahma does not seem to be able to play a whole match and keep the levels up. Bench warmer.

All the above can be improved upon.
However that is just the r tip of the iceberg with the necessary squad overhaul.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Towie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:55 pm
Riceascaptain wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:59 pm We should only be getting rid off the deadwood this summer and Soucek, Cresswell, Benrahma, Dawson and Coufal are not deadwood, they r solid squad players

Soucek 1st season keep, off course that is down to the manager to play him in the role. If you keeping Soucek for the sitting role then sorry can be improved upon.
Benrahma does not seem to be able to play a whole match and keep the levels up. Bench warmer.

However that is just the r tip of the iceberg with the necessary squad overhaul.
We have to agree to disagree about Soucek the man who has been a key player in our 2 best seasons in ages, like I said he is the most underrated player in recent times, 3rd best in the squad imo behind Bowen and Rice

He has been playing through tiredness because of lack of cover that has impacted his performances, the solution? Sign Gallagher or another proper CM for competitionandbackup.

Dawson has been very steady and I hope he will be here for the rest of his peak career, a mistake in him every game?? Excuse me but fuck off he has been our most consistent performers this season and largely because of him we got so far in Europe , he will hopefully be here competing for a starting spot for 3 more years at least.

I agree Benrahma is an impact sub and very effective in that role like he proved with his 8 goals and 6 assists in 34 apps mostly as a sub.

Cresswell is a very decent second choice left back for next season

Thankfully the fickle supporters who seem to be many on here are not the manager

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Riceascaptain wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:46 am

We have to agree to disagree about Soucek the man who has been a key player in our 2 best seasons in ages, like I said he is the most underrated player in recent times, 3rd best in the squad imo behind Bowen and Rice

He has been playing through tiredness because of lack of cover that has impacted his performances, the solution? Sign Gallagher or another proper CM for competitionandbackup.

Dawson has been very steady and I hope he will be here for the rest of his peak career, a mistake in him every game?? Excuse me but fuck off he has been our most consistent performers this season and largely because of him we got so far in Europe , he will hopefully be here competing for a starting spot for 3 more years at least.

I agree Benrahma is an impact sub and very effective in that role like he proved with his 8 goals and 6 assists in 34 apps mostly as a sub.

Thankfully the fickle supporters who seem to be many on here are not the manager
I may be a Cunt but I’m not a fickle cunt .

Whether you agree or disagree, nobody here can say I’m not consistent in my views re anything West Ham.
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

If Ogbonna had been available all season Dawson would have spent most of the season on the bench.

I like Dawsons work rate and commitment and his contribution this season can't be overlooked, but like Towie was referring to and can't be denied, there is always that accident waiting to come out. We have seen it a few times this past season, the City game just one example. They however do not negate the positives.

TBH, the two players I always felt uncomfortable with were he and Noble, but I see it as total commitment, frustrating at times yes, but it's in their DNA.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

If you read Towie's posts properly you'll see he isn't advocating clearing out the players mentioned but IMPROVING on them. I do agree with you about Soucek who I consider to have been nowhere as nearly as bad as some seem to think. He does a lot of "dirty work" in the middle of the field that goes unnoticed. I would add Antonio to the list as well tbh. A good, honest player but never in a million years a player who should be commanding a regular spot in a side hoping to compete for top 6.

The players to let go are the ones who struggle when they are brought in to do a job. I would say that would be Fredericks, Masuaku, Kral and Benrahma. I know many will disagree about Benrahma but for me he's the type of player a 12 year old, like my grandson, likes because he is capable of the occasional "wow, did you see that" moment but the rest of us see someone who struggles to impact the game when his little tricks and pirouettes don't come off. The older fan will remember Stuart Slater. Imo there are a great many similarities between Slater and Benrahma. While Moyes is manager I don't see that Benrahma, will be able to fulfil a useful role on anything like a regular basis. A season ticket holder mate of mine describes him as a player who would light up a testimonial but, when the nitty gritty starts and the tackles start flying in, disappears. I think it's significant that his international manager prefers Sofiane Feghouli (remember him ?) to Benrahma more often than not.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie 👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !