Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Right then; I'm big enough to admit that, at times, I have been the first to pillory our esteemed #16, most times unjustly in a fit of pique and annoyance at a result or team performance and a lot less often, because he's had an absolute stinker. I say a lot less often because it's true, in the scheme of things Mark Noble very, very rarely let the side and the fans down, if ever - on or off of the pitch.

Now his time with us is coming to an end, I'd like to post for posterity my gratitude and admiration for the man and everything he did for our club and the community over the past 18 years or so.

I hope he gets a fantastically fitting send off in his last ever home game against City. I can't be there but I'm sure I'll shed a tear and raise a glass for the man who IS Mr. West Ham.

Mark Noble. Thank you for eighteen years and 548 (still counting!) separate memories.

Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Re: 16

Post by JayK »

Well said Bill. Not the worst player we’ve had and judging by his speech last night, really gonna miss playing and training etc. can debate his talent but can’t debate his love of the club
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Good post Billy. Imo he’s been a model pro, only ever featuring on the back pages unlike some PL players in recent times.

And he’s chosen the right time to retire. One of my all time favourite players, Billy Bonds, left is retirement 1 or 2 years too late imo, which was a shame because some people would only have seen the 39 or 40 year old model.

I feel quite sure he will still be seen around the place in some capacity.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

About time......better late than never i suppose !

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 98984.html

Towie

Post by Towie »

Won’t be a dry eye in the stadium come Sunday.

Great captain, decent premiership player and brilliant role model for the youngsters.

Will be sorely missed in the dressing room I suspect.

That aside emotion can’t take over, cannot start against Citeh with their quick footed midfielders. Don’t want him sent off on his last home game. 😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Well loved and respected by the majority of fans and players.

Jessie Lingard loved the atmosphere round the club and it was Noble who was the man behind that.Jessie was told to take his headphones off when he first arrived here.Mark said"We don't do that here mate.We all chat with each other and play games.It helps bond the players".

I know Big Sam ain't loved by too many,but he always made sure the players played games etc Darts,snooker,bowling and bonded with each other.We did play some crap football,but the players enjoyed his time has manager and his company.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

I concur.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:58 pm Won’t be a dry eye in the stadium come Sunday.

Great captain, decent premiership player and brilliant role model for the youngsters.

That aside emotion can’t take over, cannot start against Citeh with their quick footed midfielders. Don’t want him sent off on his last home game. 😂😂
If Dean is in charge, he is in trouble. 😩

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:13 pm
Towie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:58 pm Won’t be a dry eye in the stadium come Sunday.

If Dean is in charge, he is in trouble. 😩
It’s not Dean

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercit ... ier-league
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Really well said Bill. Great stuff 👍