Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:09 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:29 pm

He won't play for little ole West Ham ;)
Actually I said he won’t WANT to play for lil ole West Ham .
But I take your point :lol:

Reading between the lines , in my own indomitable way , I had decided that Moyes wanted ( and probably still does want) Broja first and foremost and Scamacca was a Newman suggestion that Moyes didn’t really want but has accepted now that Chelsea have started playing games with Broja .

In the same way that he seems prepared to get the Polish geezer from Napoli , who allegedly doesn’t really want to come , cos the penny’s finally dropped re the Gorgeous Jess e.
Kostic doesn’t really want to play for West Ham but may well end up here anyway .

Anyway yes it’s probably all bollocks but I think it’s sad that we have to throw absolute wads of cash in order to sign half decent players . I’m glad that whoever refused to cave into Lingards demands stood their ground but Kostic will probably end up costing more .

My opinion still stands though . I hope Scamacca does really well of course but I’m of the opinion that our manager is a stubborn old git and we’ll be starting vs Citeh with Antonio alone up top and slowcoach at LB .

I look forward to watching him .
The dwarf was quite correct not rolling over for Lingard and I agree, if it had have been the lemur's decision, and his alone, he'd have asked the cunt if he was sure that 180k pw was enough, but what's done is done. And we've done well to get Scaramanga. It also appears PSG tried to gazump us at the last minute by matching our offer but the Italian told them he'd already given us his word. An act that if true, puts the tiktok tosser to shame.

I think it's 50/50 with Kostic. Good player for sure but we still need a left-back if he does sign, but I don't have a problem with using money as an incentive. If you've got it, flaunt it.

I'm not ashamed I use my astonishing good looks to attract beautiful women.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

From SKY:-

PSG made a late attempt to sign Gianluca Scamacca from Sassuolo.

However, the player and his representatives had already given their word to West Ham that he would sign for them.

AC Milan, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund and two unnamed Premier League clubs were also interested in signing Scamacca in this window.

Earlier this month, Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali revealed PSG had made a bid worth close to €40m for Scamacca.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... lip-kostic

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

dagenhamdave wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:34 am From SKY:-

However, the player and his representatives had already given their word to West Ham that he would sign for them.

AC Milan, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund and two unnamed Premier League clubs were also interested in signing Scamacca in this window.

Earlier this month, Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali revealed PSG had made a bid worth close to €40m for Scamacca.

A man of his word is good to see .
And as Alan said above , shows Lingard up for what he is ..
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:40 am

Begs the question, how much a week can you actually spend ?

If the story is to be believed, over a three year deal he'd agreed with us, he'd get much more than a one year deal and 30k pw more with Forest. Lending credence to him going to the MLS next year on mega-bucks.

As for an England recall, that ship has long sailed. But a man's word should be his bond, even in this day and age, proving Lingard to be nothing more than an attention seeking low-life.

As for us Italians, we have morals. As has Pedro Obiang, Scaramanga's team-mate at Sassuolo, who said what a great club we are apparently.

Always thought he was a damned good egg.

Post by 9898 »

Behave.
Turned down PSG for Wwst Ham
Yeah. Right.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:15 pm Behave.
Turned down PSG for Wwst Ham
Yeah. Right.
Showing your complete lack of understanding of how these things work, yet again

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

palerider wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:02 am

Begs the question, how much a week can you actually spend ?

If the story is to be believed, over a three year deal he'd agreed with us, he'd get much more than a one year deal and 30k pw more with Forest. Lending credence to him going to the MLS next year on mega-bucks.

As for an England recall, that ship has long sailed. But a man's word should be his bond, even in this day and age, proving Lingard to be nothing more than an attention seeking low-life.

As for us Italians, we have morals. As has Pedro Obiang, Scaramanga's team-mate at Sassuolo, who said what a great club we are apparently.

Always thought he was a damned good egg.
I feel that Scamacca knew that PSG would be a step too far at this stage of his career and he would have had a time getting significant minutes in that lineup. Only 23 and I'm sure he wants to prove he's prem/world class before he makes his next move, which given the sell-on clause, I feel will be inevitable.
#fuckqatar2022

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Since he seems to be quite reliable …

Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:12 am Since he seems to be quite reliable …

Normality resumes. 😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm pleased with the signings so far but we need 3 more.