Sevilla vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Sevilla vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Our biggest test of the season, hope West Ham will be ready for this. Bowen is likely to be out and hopefully he will be back by April after the international break. I DON'T want to see Benrahma in our squad as he was very poor against Liverpool and lack respect to the manager and the team and the sooner he is sold this summer, the better for us. He is clearly far too weak, like Felipe Anderson type. Question is, who will replace Bowen? The only option is Lanzini in that side. Hope to have Rice back as we need him to keep us in good shape. I think Moyes will use the 5-3-2 formation or 5-4-1 as Sevilla is the 2nd strongest team in Spain, like Liverpool. Will Moyes put Areola or Fabianski?

Squad

Areola

Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Diop
Cresswell

Lanzini
Soucek
Rice
Fornals

Antonio

We will need to give a maximum and hope we will get something from this game as Sevilla is the top favourite to win the Europa Cup.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: Sevilla vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:27 am Our biggest test of the season, hope West Ham will be ready for this. Bowen is likely to be out and hopefully he will be back by April after the international break. I DON'T want to see Benrahma in our squad as he was very poor against Liverpool and lack respect to the manager and the team and the sooner he is sold this summer, the better for us. He is clearly far too weak, like Felipe Anderson type. Question is, who will replace Bowen? The only option is Lanzini in that side. Hope to have Rice back as we need him to keep us in good shape. I think Moyes will use the 5-3-2 formation or 5-4-1 as Sevilla is the 2nd strongest team in Spain, like Liverpool. Will Moyes put Areola or Fabianski?

Squad

Areola

Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Diop
Cresswell

Lanzini
Soucek
Rice
Fornals

Antonio

We will need to give a maximum and hope we will get something from this game as Sevilla is the top favourite to win the Europa Cup.

Very timley Ibbs - no slacking when your on the case.

Big game for DM. Obviously he will hope the boys can convert - if they get the type of Anfield opportunities - and keep the tie in the balance.

Probably need 8s and 9s from Zouma,Dawson and Areola in this one. If Soucek plays to his normal standard, I would get Noble on for the second half.

And I would thrust Okoflex into the fray before utilising Benrahma's uncertain skill set. Somebody could well emerge as a hero...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:47 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:27 am Our biggest test of the season, hope West Ham will be ready for this. Bowen is likely to be out and hopefully he will be back by April after the international break. I DON'T want to see Benrahma in our squad as he was very poor against Liverpool and lack respect to the manager and the team and the sooner he is sold this summer, the better for us. He is clearly far too weak, like Felipe Anderson type. Question is, who will replace Bowen? The only option is Lanzini in that side. Hope to have Rice back as we need him to keep us in good shape. I think Moyes will use the 5-3-2 formation or 5-4-1 as Sevilla is the 2nd strongest team in Spain, like Liverpool. Will Moyes put Areola or Fabianski?

Squad

Areola

Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Diop
Cresswell

Lanzini
Soucek
Rice
Fornals

Antonio

Very timley Ibbs - no slacking when your on the case.

Big game for DM. Obviously he will hope the boys can convert - if they get the type of Anfield opportunities - and keep the tie in the balance.

Probably need 8s and 9s from Zouma,Dawson and Areola in this one. If Soucek plays to his normal standard, I would get Noble on for the second half.

And I would thrust Okoflex into the fray before utilising Benrahma's uncertain skill set. Somebody could well emerge as a hero...
Hope ALL our players to get 8s to 9s ratings to get anything from this game. Only Zouma, Dawson, Rice and Bowen get a regularly 8s to 9s but need others to do so. Cresswell is getting better, Fornals did well against Liverpool and hope he can play to his maximise and maybe slot in right winger but Benrahma has been very poor and only very few percentage of him were good, especially at the start of the season. I would hope Oxo-Flex will participate the game in 2nd half and who knows, he may be our next Tony Cottee/Jermaine Defoe.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Antonio always looks more dangerous cutting in from his natural wing position. Maybe, , because it's not going to happen , start Lanzini in for Soucek play Antonio on the right wing and have young Oxoflex starting up front.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Moyes has had ample opportunity to take a chance on the kids this and last season .
If ANY outside the normal 12/13 get a sniff here then my pricks a bloater.
Same as yesterday. Apart from Areola .
Team and tactics .

Not necessarily a bad thing in this one , try keep it down to one or two.
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:37 pm Antonio always looks more dangerous cutting in from his natural wing position. Maybe, , because it's not going to happen , start Lanzini in for Soucek play Antonio on the right wing and have young Oxoflex starting up front.
Exactly Andy, now that shows an understanding on how to win football matches. DM might do this, because winning football matches is what he does, right ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:04 pm Moyes has had ample opportunity to take a chance on the kids this and last season .
If ANY outside the normal 12/13 get a sniff here then my pricks a bloater.
Same as yesterday. Apart from Areola .
Team and tactics .

Not necessarily a bad thing in this one , try keep it down to one or two.
I’d be more than happy with the same tactics tbh. Sevilla are a good side, but not as good as Liverpool imo. And let’s be honest we should have got something from Saturday, and would have with better finishing. A similar level of performance ought to be good enough to come back with a decent result.

I’ve enjoyed the European trips so far, despite not being able to go to Vienna and hopefully this one won’t be the last. It’ll be a decent trip thanks to Ryanair’s limited flights from Luton so, despite Mrs W being with me the Cruzcampos could take a hammering..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:48 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:37 pm Antonio always looks more dangerous cutting in from his natural wing position. Maybe, , because it's not going to happen , start Lanzini in for Soucek play Antonio on the right wing and have young Oxoflex starting up front.
Exactly Andy, now that shows an understanding on how to win football matches. DM might do this, because winning football matches is what he does, right ?
Would be a good idea if Antonio as a right winger and Oxo-Flex as a striker

JayK

Post by JayK »

I don’t think Oko-flex is allowed to be included is he? Probs wrong
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:04 am I don’t think Oko-flex is allowed to be included is he? Probs wrong
No. Not in the squad. Why I've no idea.