Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

If we beat these today I’ll take back everything I ever said about Moyes .

Except for the dithering and abysmal substitutions of course.

That’s how confident I am .

At least we won’t have to suffer the after match interview as the BIG important game follows straight after so there’ll be no time dedicated to us what ever the outcome.
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Two thoughts occured to me this morning of equal importance. One to put Hounslow on my Red list and the second was - I have never seen an episode of
Star Trek:New Generation

Ok, not pertinent exactly to todays match but sometimes confession is good for the soul. And in keeping with that theme, I'm anticipating a bit of a rough ride this afternoon. It's a mixture of how we played against Wolves and how Man City played against PSG - and that's about all I'm prepared to say on the subject...

Go forth and multiply AND drink safely out there...

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

One to generally watch from behind the sofa as the score racks up.
Think we’ll give a good enough account of ourselves but suspect city will have too much for us.
Like most would be delighted with a draw, because the games come thick & fast after this and we could end up nxt sunday having got nil points in 4 games…which would be quite distressing …
Out with a city fan for lunch nxt wk so who pays very much depends on today…(spoiler..I always fuckin pay..).

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

The only things we can get anything from this game other than defeat is that if Man City went down to 10 men with a red card as they did against my enemy team, Crystal Palace (cos of my ex-work employee who discriminated me and a Palace fan) that won 2-0 earlier this season otherwise a plain routine City win with 11 men.

Anything can happened and I hope we will NOT do a slow start or on the cosh of City attacking waves.

Keep believing and hope.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:00 pm Image
That what I am expected.....5-4-1 formation.

Good line up and let go for it!!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

No KDB,Foden or Grealish for City.

Their bench isn't the normal star studded bench.

If don't concede early,we give ourselves a decent chance of getting something.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ah sheeeee-it. We are relying on a counter attack of Benrahma & Antonio - does anybody feel the way I do about that

I'm all for the manager showing his card tricks but let's do it at the right time and in the right place. Spoiler alert: Not at the Etihad stadium

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

I will write what I wrote on the Liverpool match thread or something similar anyway and again there is nothing to fear in this game, it's not as if we are in danger of being in the relegation zone, far from it. Also, especially as they are missing a few of their better players. Of course they will still dominate the game no doubt and which any team they will put out will be very hard to play against but this isn't their strongest team or bench.

So, as I said, nothing to fear and I as like most West Ham fans will definitely take a draw but a win isn't out of reach either!

However with all that being said, we will probably get spanked now :roll:
Last edited by hamstew on Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Zouma will be out of his preferred side again...looked lost against Wolves and tended to get pulled over to Dawson on a few occasions. I would of played Diop who played on the left with Balbuena for a whole season and did well.

Again if he plays Benny through the middle and Fornals out on the wing like he did against Wolves we will be toothless in attack again. Benny likes to cut in from the wing, Fornals vision is better in the middle to spray passes left and right, when he's pushed wide his passing options are greatly reduced.

But what do I know..... :roll: