Jamie Vardy to Arsenal

Chat about anything football related here!
ryanguitarhammer

Re: Jamie Vardy to Arsenal

Post by ryanguitarhammer »

The biggest concern will be the style of play with Possession football vs Counter attacking football...

Wenger might be changing his footballing style again going for more pace.

Ozil, Sanchez and Xhaka will give him a loads of service to score.

palerider

Post by palerider »

The 20m release clause to sign Steptoe is limited to clubs in the Champions League.

So now, the Bindippers are trying to hijack the deal according to reports today.

I assume therefore they've lodged an appeal to be in next season because they're always the victims.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour has told talkSPORT the Gunners’ reported move for Jamie Vardy is now OFF, after the striker performed a U-turn and decided to stay at Leicester City.

Reports this week claimed Vardy was set to leave the Premier League champions after Arsenal triggered the £20million release clause in his contract.

But it now seems the deal has fallen through after a change of heart from the 24-goal England frontman.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Highbury hero Parlour said: “It looks like it isn’t happening now.

“I was at the Arsenal the other day and there were big reports flying around, and the club’s cameramen and digital staff had to get down to the training ground.

“So it looked like it was going to happen - there was a medical being done.

“But it seems Vardy thought about it while on England duty, and suddenly there was a U-turn.”

SEEMS LIKE. If he aint changed his mind does he think being picked for England will up his price?!

TBH, think it would be the right choice. Or another club.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

I thought I read a headline that said he (Vardy) had refused a medical at Arsenal.

If a potential 20M+ signing refuses a medical, I'd call it off too.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

frogiron wrote:I thought I read a headline that said he (Vardy) had refused a medical at Arsenal.

You might well have, going by the above though.

Where you been, and welcome back.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

LittleHammerton wrote:Personally I like a striker to prove himself in terms of scoring over at least 2 seasons. I think 20 odd million is too much after 1 season for Vardy, but if he does it again next season it will look like a bargain. But certainly too big a risk for us so am pleased to hear of the interest from L'Arse.

A striker can only be called prolific after 2 good seasons....like Kane, you have to say he has proven himself now, unfortunately!!!

Trouble is if they have 2 good seasons in a row you have to pay top dollar!
An English player who has improved year on year through the divisions, won the Premier league, broken the consecutive scoring record, played and scored for England and is 29.

20M is a bargain IMO....he may or may not be a success but 20M is chickenfeed given the amount of money in the PL from this season onwards.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

eskimo joe wrote:
frogiron wrote:I thought I read a headline that said he (Vardy) had refused a medical at Arsenal.

You might well have, going by the above though.

Where you been, and welcome back.
Hello Joe, and thank you - I've been about, but it's our busy period so I have very little time at my desk at the mo. Bloody work will insist on getting in the way of having fun. :(
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

hammerman69 wrote:
LittleHammerton wrote:Personally I like a striker to prove himself in terms of scoring over at least 2 seasons. I think 20 odd million is too much after 1 season for Vardy, but if he does it again next season it will look like a bargain. But certainly too big a risk for us so am pleased to hear of the interest from L'Arse.

A striker can only be called prolific after 2 good seasons....like Kane, you have to say he has proven himself now, unfortunately!!!

Trouble is if they have 2 good seasons in a row you have to pay top dollar!
An English player who has improved year on year through the divisions, won the Premier league, broken the consecutive scoring record, played and scored for England and is 29.

20M is a bargain IMO....he may or may not be a success but 20M is chickenfeed given the amount of money in the PL from this season onwards.
I agree HM - I'd love to see him in a WHU shirt. People have been calling him a fluke for so long, but he just keeps banging those goals in. Looks like he should be driving a horse and cart, but a real quality striker.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC