Genk vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Genk vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Back to the Europa now......hope to keep our form going and it will be tough. If we win this and both Rapid Vienna and Dinamo Zagreb, then we will finish as Champions of Group H and in last 16 than the play-off round against Champions League 3rd place teams.

Hope to give Soucek, Rice and Cresswell a rest so that mean Johnson could draft in as LB. Kral is back training and should be ready.

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Kral
Noble
Lanzini

Yarmolenko
Vlasic
Masuaku

Need to rest our 1st 11 for the bindipper match on Sunday afternoon.

COYI!! Let get this through whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Genk vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Wouldn’t surprise me if Coufal gets a run out in this one as he’s trying to regain match fitness and give Johnson a rest. Not saying it’s right but it is possible Moyes could have Coufal and Fredericks as our FB’s in this one
COYI!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

getting to the business end of europe. We seem to have managed the thurs/sunday games so far but our run in November is a real tough one.

Like the team ibby and hopefully Kral is fit enough to start, really dont want rice/thomas anywhere near on thursday. I would however shoe horn in Benny who needs to find some form as he has been poor in the prem last few games.

Really thought we might see the best of him this season but seems to have gone backwards. Run out for coufal i would hope as well (he must be thinking wtf has happened with Johnsons form!).

I think a point secures next stage but really need to win the group to avoid top team in the next round as i read it.

this alternative universe is fuckin lovely btw. :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:10 am Back to the Europa now......hope to keep our form going and it will be tough. If we win this and both Rapid Vienna and Dinamo Zagreb, then we will finish as Champions of Group H and in last 16 than the play-off round against Champions League 3rd place teams.

Hope to give Soucek, Rice and Cresswell a rest so that mean Johnson could draft in as LB. Kral is back training and should be ready.

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Kral
Noble
Lanzini

Yarmolenko
Vlasic
Masuaku

Need to rest our 1st 11 for the bindipper match on Sunday afternoon.

COYI!! Let get this through whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Don't think that team will be far off the mark tbh, except I would expect to see Coufal given a run out, particularly if Moyes intends playing Johnson against the Scousers.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:21 am Wouldn’t surprise me if Coufal gets a run out in this one as he’s trying to regain match fitness and give Johnson a rest. Not saying it’s right but it is possible Moyes could have Coufal and Fredericks as our FB’s in this one
You could be right and Coufal could draft in RB this Thursday and Fredericks on LB as Cresswell and Johnson need a rest as both are important for the Liverpool game as Johnson is able to hold on Sadio Mane on that flank ss I feel Johnson has improved alot and now little more stronger than Coufal but both are excellent right back.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:51 am
JayK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:21 am Wouldn’t surprise me if Coufal gets a run out in this one as he’s trying to regain match fitness and give Johnson a rest. Not saying it’s right but it is possible Moyes could have Coufal and Fredericks as our FB’s in this one
You could be right and Coufal could draft in RB this Thursday and Fredericks on LB as Cresswell and Johnson need a rest as both are important for the Liverpool game as Johnson is able to hold on Sadio Mane on that flank ss I feel Johnson has improved alot and now little more stronger than Coufal but both are excellent right back.
It’s a nice dilemma for Moyes to have, that’s for sure 👍🏽
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:53 am
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:51 am

As long as injuries kept to a minimum and what I have notice that our first 11 and second 11 the gap is closing up to equal, as shown against Man City last week which they fielded about 7 top lpayers including Sterling and De Bruyne. Pre-Moyes, our first 11 and 2nd 11 the gap was big but Moyes brought it together. Massive hat off to Moyes.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:56 am
JayK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:53 am

As long as injuries kept to a minimum and what I have notice that our first 11 and second 11 the gap is closing up to equal, as shown against Man City last week which they fielded about 7 top lpayers including Sterling and De Bruyne. Pre-Moyes, our first 11 and 2nd 11 the gap was big but Moyes brought it together. Massive hat off to Moyes.
Yeah he’s doing a fine job 👍🏽
Just need another striker
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Redknapp out

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs 👍
Love a cup of Rosey I do.