12 v 4 your thoughts. on transfers.

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Re: 12 v 4 your thoughts. on transfers.

Post by dagenhamdave »

Newmarket wrote:If we deliberatley strengthened the depth of the squad in order to prepare for a Europa league campaign then they made a complete pigs ear of it . Again.

They knew Lanzini and Payet would be missing from those qualifiers months ago and had no adequate replacement for them and it's that lack of creativity , along with an obviously horrendous pre-season fitness regime that ultimately cost us .

I'm hoping that the signing of Fernandes solves the creativity problem depth wise and now that we have a massive squad we will hopefully be in a position to mount a serious challenge in both cups this season . Our average transfer business , Tomkins out and a totally unfit Arbeola incoming is the current problem .
With your bit about training above.

What I also found strange is in the week, Valencia stating that the training at Everton is a lot harder than it was at West Ham? :shock:

P.S. With his loan fee, ZaZa is costing us about £170,000-£180,000 a week for a year, either they did not have all the money, or they are not sure about him.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote:If we deliberatley strengthened the depth of the squad in order to prepare for a Europa league campaign then they made a complete pigs ear of it . Again.

They knew Lanzini and Payet would be missing from those qualifiers months ago and had no adequate replacement for them and it's that lack of creativity , along with an obviously horrendous pre-season fitness regime that ultimately cost us .

I'm hoping that the signing of Fernandes solves the creativity problem depth wise and now that we have a massive squad we will hopefully be in a position to mount a serious challenge in both cups this season . Our average transfer business , Tomkins out and a totally unfit Arbeola incoming is the current problem .
I get your point, but I suspect that Bilic was hoping to sort of muscle through, for want of a better word, to the league stage until our creativity was available.

Then again, maybe he felt he didn't need it, as he did with the defense.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

dagenhamdave wrote:

What I also found strange is in the week, Valencia stating that the training at Everton is a lot harder than it was at West Ham? :shock:

P.S. With his loan fee, ZaZa is costing us about £170,000-£180,000 a week for a year, either they did not have all the money, or they are not sure about him.
Well in 15 games time they will have to cough up another £20 million so they had fucking better be sure .
Could be our best bit of business this year but could also be the worst .
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Newmarket wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:

Well in 15 games time they will have to cough up another £20 million so they had fucking better be sure .
Could be our best bit of business this year but could also be the worst .
Any Italian strikers ever done well in English Football in the last 50 years? ;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Imo we had to let Tomkins go. He evidently wanted regular first team football which, when Ogbonna and Reid were fully fit he wasn't going to get. He was a very decent squad player but if he wasn't content being that best to let him go.

As for the rest of the transfer business, surely it's fat too early to say. And I think it will be a long time before we see another season like last year. So unless we are prepared to really push the boat out and pay silly fees and wages to bring in GENUINE superstars any talk of challenging for the league is whistling in the wind.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

marksb

Post by marksb »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, commentators, experts, pundits, us the armchair managers have all got opinions, all believe we should do it this way or that way and the manager is wrong, the players isn't right and the criticisms keep coming.......BUT and a BIG BUT, if we were or the pundits et al, were really any good, they would be managers!!

There not for a reason, they can't cut the mustard so the next best thing is to criticise those that can.

Managers and clubs can only get or attract talent that wants to join us and those that we can afford!

Unfortunately Sullivan came out and told the world what we were trying to achieve by signing a marquee player, which I love as it shows as ambition, but also gave the competition an idea of what we were up to.

We do have a squad that has depth, a squad when fully fit will be able to compete in the league, it is a squad that can go far, we have quality players in virtually every position and back up to match, we have competition for every position which can only drive up performance.

So in all, not naming individual players as this or that, we did well in the transfer market.

Come January, I would like to see a CB, possibly RB, but definitely a creative MF to give Payet competition.
Last edited by marksb on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Newmarket wrote:They knew Lanzini and Payet would be missing from those qualifiers months ago and had no adequate replacement for them and it's that lack of creativity
Yes but Payet came off the bench on our first league game (Ayew started it) & Lanzini on our third, do you actually suggest we buy a player just to play them games?

Sorry but against Astra Bilic had plenty flair players in his squad to choose from-Tore, Quina, Feghouli, Samuelsen, Browne, Antonio, Byram can play RW. Not the boards fault Slav just doesn't play the younger players. Had Payet not 'got injured' v Chelsea then he would have been around as well. Cannot blame the transfers for losing to Astra.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

dagenhamdave wrote:Tin hat on.
Once again I will disagree with most on here, I think our transfer business this Summer have been a shambles.
We concentrated on a "Marquee Striker" to the detriment of the squad, when we sold Tonka, we should have brought in a quality CH, possibly Williams or better. Even young Jack in his statement, states we have conceded too many goals since last Xmas, that is nine months ago, yet CH wise we are worse off than last season, we have already conceded 9 goals in 4 PL games this season. There is no excuse, it appears they knew about it, true we have brought two full backs, and hopefully they will help, but Reid and especially Ginge have been poor, which leaves Oxford & Ogbonna.
Bilic still prattles on this week about CL, I think we are miles away. Still that is my honest opinion.

I would argue we concede too much due to Slav (Antonio RB & Tactics), not the personnel on the park.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

marksb wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing, commentators, experts, pundits, us the armchair managers have all got opinions, all believe we should do it this way or that way and the manager is wrong, the players isn't right and the criticisms keep coming.......BUT and a BIG BUT, if we were or the pundits et al, were really any good, they would be managers!!

There not for a reason, they can't cut the mustard so the next best thing is to criticise those that can.

Managers and clubs can only get or attract talent that wants to join us and those that we can afford!

Unfortunately Sullivan came out and told the world what we were trying to achieve by signing a marquee player, which I love as it shows as ambition, but also gave the competition an idea of what we were up to.

We do have a squad that has depth, a squad when fully fit will be able to compete in the league, it is a squad that can go far, we have quality players in virtually every position and back up to match, we have competition for every position which can only drive up performance.

So in all, not naming individual players as this or that, we did well in the transfer market.

Come January, I would like to see a CB, possibly RB, but definitely a creative MF to give Payet competition.
Some fair comments there. But never been one to believe you have to remain opinion less just because you aren't in the job. Sometimes you see things better from a distance and don't get weighed down trying to make something work that wont. A lump of shit is a lump of shit. You don't have to be the arse that shits it to know.

I like our squad, there is depth. However come January I would seriously consider concentrating on our defence.

Didn't. Zola do ok as a player?! In reply to another. DiCanio wasn't a slouch and had he applied himself better could have been more impressive than he was.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

marksb

Post by marksb »

eskimo joe wrote:
marksb wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing, commentators, experts, pundits, us the armchair managers have all got opinions, all believe we should do it this way or that way and the manager is wrong, the players isn't right and the criticisms keep coming.......BUT and a BIG BUT, if we were or the pundits et al, were really any good, they would be managers!!

Some fair comments there. But never been one to believe you have to remain opinion less just because you aren't in the job. Sometimes you see things better from a distance and don't get weighed down trying to make something work that wont. A lump of shit is a lump of shit. You don't have to be the arse that shits it to know.

I like our squad, there is depth. However come January I would seriously consider concentrating on our defence.

Didn't. Zola do ok as a player?! In reply to another. DiCanio wasn't a slouch and had he applied himself better could have been more impressive than he was.
I love that analogy lump of shit, I will definitely nick that one.

Ultimately mate, our opinions like the pundits and critics don't really matter to anyone bar ourselves. It is what we would like to see etc.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!!

COYI