Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:54 pm Moyes love child Lingard, will if they sign him, and personally I hope we don't, will put, Bowen, Benny or Fornals on the bench, not a problem if he is performing better than then. But, on loan last year, he started well and then tailed off, but Popeye very rarely took him off when he was ineffective and replace him with fresh legs.
If he was replaced, it was only in the dying minutes and giving no time for the sub to effect the game.
My worry is that Popeye will continue with this love in and which could possibly cost us points in the long run. If they bring in someone else rather than Lingard, Popeye will hopefully treat them equally and players will be picked and hooked on ability and performance alone.
Very true what you say about Lingard. But wouldn’t the same be the case if the striker, at least a decent one not A Josh King clone, were to arrive, as most seem to want. One of the 3 you mention , plus Antonio, would lose their dressing room peg.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:23 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:54 pm Moyes love child Lingard, will if they sign him, and personally I hope we don't, will put, Bowen, Benny or Fornals on the bench, not a problem if he is performing better than then. But, on loan last year, he started well and then tailed off, but Popeye very rarely took him off when he was ineffective and replace him with fresh legs.
If he was replaced, it was only in the dying minutes and giving no time for the sub to effect the game.
My worry is that Popeye will continue with this love in and which could possibly cost us points in the long run. If they bring in someone else rather than Lingard, Popeye will hopefully treat them equally and players will be picked and hooked on ability and performance alone.
One of the 3 you mention , plus Antonio, would lose their dressing room peg.
Sometimes yes sometimes no . The amount of games we’ll hopefully play this season there will be enough minutes for everyone surely ?

And the more CAPABLE players we have , the better chance of there being even MORE minutes available.
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Geo discusses the latest rumour - courtesy of the One Football app, which is free for anyone to download (or so he says)

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:40 pm Geo discusses the latest rumour - courtesy of the One Football app, which is free for anyone to download (or so he says)

Well said and once we get Vlasic tomorrow, then Moyes could get a striker on a season loan with a view permanent if he is successful which I feel this is a better option after so many striker failure since Di Canio was at our club.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:24 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:40 pm Geo discusses the latest rumour - courtesy of the One Football app, which is free for anyone to download (or so he says)

Well said and once we get Vlasic tomorrow, then Moyes could get a striker on a season loan with a view permanent if he is successful which I feel this is a better option after so many striker failure since Di Canio was at our club.
:lol:
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:42 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:24 pm

:lol:
Double :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:32 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:23 pm

One of the 3 you mention , plus Antonio, would lose their dressing room peg.
Sometimes yes sometimes no . The amount of games we’ll hopefully play this season there will be enough minutes for everyone surely ?

And the more CAPABLE players we have , the better chance of there being even MORE minutes available.
Maybe there will be a decent amount of extra games.. There will be 6 minimum in the group stage and then, potentially, depending on progress, and then , if we're lucky enough to go all the way to the final a further, 9, which includes the final/ So 15 more games max than the normal domestic season. But Andy's point, if I'm reading him correctly, is that if Lingard comes in someone will have to make way. What I'm saying is that if anyone comes in someone will have to drop out. That's what competition for places is about but it's only proper competition if the players pushing you for your place are good enough to take it.

And we're still faced with the difficulty that we're not really at the stage where we can bring in quality and expect them to sit on the bench week in, week out. Imo better we sign decent young prospects, and someone has mentioned Carvalho at Fulham as one possibility, who are decent players but at an age where they would probably be happy to spend a lot of bench time, with the occasional match, and develop over time.

I'd rather do it that way than bring in a batch of Josh Kings tbh. Either way we've never been a club with any aspirations so I doubt long term planning is on the agenda in our boardroom. Which is why I'm not getting exercised about the lack of transfer activity. I;ve supported the club for over 50 years and I've grown accustomed to the acceptance of failure and underachievement ( and the celebrating of inadequacy in that fucking song ;) ) and don't expect anything to change this season just because we had one of our rare moments of over achievement last season.

After all we have previous, don't we ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Vlasic does look like he favours his right foot and therefore would offer cover on the left attacking side (such is the game now) or in a central role. This means he's cover for Benny or Fornals, as is Lanzini, but still we persist with Yarma as cover for Bowen on the right? To me the game on Saturday really got away from us when we introduced Lanzini and Yarma and our midfield was somewhat overrun after that.

I don't have the tactical nous of the Scottish Pep, but is he grooming Fredricks for a more attacking role, as with his speed all he'd need to do is perfect the art of crossing and that would be a formidable tandem with Coufal at RB. Fucked if I know, but more pulses is what's needed before Europe and hopefully we're about to add one or two more!
#fuckqatar2022

palerider

Post by palerider »

A couple of outlets today are saying Bug Eyes is planning a last minute raid for Big Jesse for only 15m which he hopes Manure will accept with Ronaldo costing them the national debt of a medium sized country.

This one I actually think has legs. He's the player he really wants and either the Vlasic deal will be put on hold until he finds out, or it's a smokescreen and we were never serious about the Croatian.

Either way we won't have both and if the Jock and the dwarf fuck about too much we may not have either.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Hammertime wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:07 am Vlasic does look like he favours his right foot and therefore would offer cover on the left attacking side (such is the game now) or in a central role. This means he's cover for Benny or Fornals, as is Lanzini, but still we persist with Yarma as cover for Bowen on the right? To me the game on Saturday really got away from us when we introduced Lanzini and Yarma and our midfield was somewhat overrun after that.

I don't have the tactical nous of the Scottish Pep, but is he grooming Fredricks for a more attacking role, as with his speed all he'd need to do is perfect the art of crossing and that would be a formidable tandem with Coufal at RB. Fucked if I know, but more pulses is what's needed before Europe and hopefully we're about to add one or two more!
I agree.Think we would have been better off bringing on Fredericks...Both Yarma & Lanzini lack work rate and that`s why ,as you say,the game run away from us.