Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:04 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:58 am

Are you sure about Dawson , he has in his last five matches shown what many believed he would bring to the club ( mistakes ) but I suppose he may find some of the form he had when he first joined .
As for Diop , him and Balbuena were a fantastic partnership until he was side lined , he has gradually found his way back into the side due to injuries and for me is making good progress ( apart from the own goal , but at least he got back there to attempt a save ) .
Normally I would chose Diop over Dawson but tomorrow if it was a choice between the two it would be Dawson every time because the threat will come at us from the air.
Yeah good spot...was even thinking of a 3 with Balbuena coming in for that reason.....they're must win games now so fuck the
pretty footie....set up not to concede,knowing we should score 1 or 2....but will know more tomorrow ,see who's fit..
Nobes mite be out,Micky mite get game time....Decs pretty fit it seems,cant see him in tho...not sure bout cress or arthur...

Cant prioritize nice footie,with so many injuries,70% fit players..just need a job done at moment,the team
building thing takes a back seat.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Another crap referee for this game.....Anthony Taylor.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Tbh,I am not confident about this one either.

Too many key players missing and Burnley are just coming off hammering Wolves away.They will be well up for it.

Hope I am wrong,but I think this where our CL dreams die and if we don`t get one or two more back,our Europa League chances too.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:47 pm Tbh,I am not confident about this one either.

Too many key players missing and Burnley are just coming off hammering Wolves away.They will be well up for it.

Hope I am wrong,but I think this where our CL dreams die and if we don`t get one or two more back,our Europa League chances too.
Agree . Except I pretty much spelt out your final paragraph after the Barcodes defeat.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:58 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:36 am

Good choice but would put in Dawson for Diop to cope with Wood.
Are you sure about Dawson , he has in his last five matches shown what many believed he would bring to the club ( mistakes ) but I suppose he may find some of the form he had when he first joined .
As for Diop , him and Balbuena were a fantastic partnership until he was side lined , he has gradually found his way back into the side due to injuries and for me is making good progress ( apart from the own goal , but at least he got back there to attempt a save ) .
Agree Clayton, Dawson has made too many mistakes recently.
I would in fact rather play Balbuena than Dawson, but we all see things differently I guess.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:32 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:47 pm Tbh,I am not confident about this one either.

Agree . Except I pretty much spelt out your final paragraph after the Barcodes defeat.
Newcastle have been sh*t all season,except against us.That so winds me up.We needed 3 points against them and mucked it up..I am just trying to work out,how? :o

alfie

Post by alfie »

Hey up lads,I'm looking forward to this game ,we have been playing quite well of late and actually attacking teams,I think we are probably just about safe now so I would be happy with a point out of this game.. Anything else will be a massive bonus.. Take care Alf.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Some Cunt on Twitter is spreading a vicious rumour that , in The Snail’s absence, Diop is partnering Soucek in central midfield.
Bring back Jonathon !

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

West Ham XI: Fabianski, Cresswell, Coufal, Dawson, Diop, Benrahma, Lanzini, Lingard, Fornals, Soucek, Antonio.

Subs: Trott, Randolph, Balbuena, Alves, Bowen, Fredericks, Johnson, Odubeko, Coventry.

"Aaron Cresswell makes a surprise return to captain the side, while Said Benrahma, Manuel Lanzini, Craig Dawson and Michail Antonio all start.
Jarrod Bowen, Fabian Balbuena and Ryan Fredericks drop to the bench, while Angelo Ogbonna and Mark Noble are not in the squad."

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Fabianski,Coufal,Dawson,Diop,Cresswell,Soucel,Lanzini,Fornals,Benrahma,Lingard,Antonio

David Moyes is playing the creative players - not like him. I'm impressed...MK is right :o