West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Agree, squad depth (lack of) will do us in the end.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

We're playing for not only a top 4 spot but an invitation to the super league next time it raises its ugly head. Sully wants to wear his cossack gear all over Europe. So its a win for the mighty Irons. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:45 pm
Haven't watched it, but why should anyone take any notice of what Ray Winstone thinks ? Decent actor but that doesn't make him an authority on football, does it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Massive game. Hope Chelsea get two sent off and have all the bad luck. Who's the ref?
Matamata

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:35 am
Haven't watched it, but why should anyone take any notice of what Ray Winstone thinks ? Decent actor but that doesn't make him an authority on football, does it ?
This is a form of journalism we are talking about here .
People are interested in what famous icons have to say aren’t they ?

Kriss Akabussi has been on many times for example and his interviews are very popular.

Getting Ray Winstone on the channel is a bit of a coup for Geo whether you’re interested in what he’s got to say or not tbh and I would of thought congratulations were more in order rather than your comment above which was a teeny weeny bit uncalled for I think.
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:13 am

This is a form of journalism we are talking about here .
People are interested in what famous icons have to say aren’t they ?

Kriss Akabussi has been on many times for example and his interviews are very popular.

Getting Ray Winstone on the channel is a bit of a coup for Geo whether you’re interested in what he’s got to say or not tbh and I would of thought congratulations were more in order rather than your comment above which was a teeny weeny bit uncalled for I think.
And somewhat hypocritical coming from someone with an opinion on almost every West Ham issue.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

He probably knows about as much as any of us on here, so he has a right to voice his opinion like we do on here. None of us are experts, obviously numbers is the exception, but actually it's a good listen and especially the bit about helping the kids at the end. Fair play to him.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Hammerschat (the Gonz & Geo) are hoping to give up going to work and make their salary by releasing Youtube videos and getting complete strangers to pay to watch them.

Using celebrities to raise the channel profile is a form of advertising/marketing. So that's why they ask people like Ray his opinion.

If you had watched the vid, you would have found Ray's West Ham opinions similiar to your own, although Geo didn't ask him for his opinion on the club anthem....and to be honest with you, I wouldn't be that interested to know about it either...

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Had this down for a Draw..and been happy with one since day one....Nothings changed...

The Better the team you play the more you miss your best players...but we can still get something outta this,we'll create
chances,always do, gotta put the fuckers away...stating the bleeding obvious.... :lol:
and hope the defense holds and keeps it tight...dawson out now as well...expecting a 3 with wingbacks today....
Balbeuna Oggy Issa Maybe seems most likely...Vlad and Ben J WBs...
Tomas..Nobes...Fornals...
Lingard...Bowen I Spose.

Fuckin crying shame no Micky and Dec...but it is what it is...Been really proud of us all season,will be extra more so, beat the
cheats...beat these and Everton couple weeks top 4 is ours I reckon..

9/2 fuckin hell thank you.......prob 60/40 in cheats favour so those odds are crazy....also got us at 10s to win both sides
scoring...and worked it with a money back if we draw ...great odds today to piss around with..

Missing going so much at moment...seriously fucked off with it...beating the cheats to go into a CL spot,and a few beers in
the Sun................

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:09 am Had this down for a Draw..and been happy with one since day one....Nothings changed...

The Better the team you play the more you miss your best players...but we can still get something outta this,we'll create
chances,always do, gotta put the fuckers away...stating the bleeding obvious.... :lol:
and hope the defense holds and keeps it tight...dawson out now as well...expecting a 3 with wingbacks today....
Balbeuna Oggy Issa Maybe seems most likely...Vlad and Ben J WBs...
Tomas..Nobes...Fornals...
Lingard...Bowen I Spose.

Fuckin crying shame no Micky and Dec...but it is what it is...Been really proud of us all season,will be extra more so, beat the
cheats...beat these and Everton couple weeks top 4 is ours I reckon..

9/2 fuckin hell thank you.......prob 60/40 in cheats favour so those odds are crazy....also got us at 10s to win both sides
scoring...and worked it with a money back if we draw ...great odds today to piss around with..

Missing going so much at moment...seriously fucked off with it...beating the cheats to go into a CL spot,and a few beers in
the Sun................
You had me going there MK with Lingard...Bowen I Spose. I spent 3 mins trying to guess who was playing left of Bowen. I thought it was a cryptic nick name for one of the squad.

And after exhausting all the possibilities,permutations and shots in the dark, I realised it was all just a comment... "I suppose".
Which makes me a silly bunt - still,day is young and plenty of time to redeem everything...