West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

True, but all the above got a solid run off games.

Not sure Benrahma has, and maybe he hadn’t warranted it, we don’t see the training.

However Dawson for me has become a liability last few games and showing his level, for me cannot come back into team.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:54 pm True, but all the above got a solid run off games.

Not sure Benrahma has, and maybe he hadn’t warranted it, we don’t see the training.

However Dawson for me has become a liability last few games and showing his level, for me cannot come back into team.
If we had a fully fit squad I'm inclined to agree. Dawson wouldn't make the cut. But he got in because of injury and, until recently, hasn't played badly..

For me it's no coincidence his performances have dropped since Rice was injured but that's another issue. Benrahma ? I'm hoping he'll prove me wrong but all I see is a Championship player out of his depth. And I don't see a Moyes player there somehow. I can see a Moyes player in Bowen, who came from the same league, if you get my drift. And that makes me think those who reckon Benrahma was a dwarf signing may wll have a point.

And that worries me more than a little. Statistics are never a substitute for seeing someone in action.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:45 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:34 am Couple things...David Moyes said he was Happy with the players/squad he has...whats wrong with that...he's bigging them
up,and as we've seen and all said...it's a great squad of players with a terrific team spirit...he and the coaches have
created that...by bringing the right players in, and outing others,it's working we're pushing for a CL Spot...STILL...with 5 games
left...5 winnable games....despite losing the spine of the first team we're still there.
Saying happy doesn't mean Satisfied...he wants to improve and bring players in...But The right players...he believes the
guys we have can get us easily top half..we've outdone what he imagined....why fuck that up by bringing in some maybe/maybe
not players to fuck that up...he knew Micky wouldn't play every game...gets lingard in so we can play a slightly different
style and still create chances...that worked...Plenty of sides now play without a "Traditional" CF ,lots play a kinda
false 9 thing.
Not gonna go on about the players he's brought in thats a no brainer...some of the comments are really unfair...
Can tell you he is no suck up merchant....maybe gotta play lip service to his bosses ,but we all do...or have done at some point.

Second point we have not so good owners.... :lol: putting it mildly...I seriously don't wont them in charge of the club I love...
can assure you no one dislikes them more than me...but it is what it is...going back to previous point,we all have or have
had bosses we don't like...hates a big word,but maybe even hate,but we still might enjoy where we work and have
many good friends there....Footies the same...I'm able to separate the two,so I can enjoy my love of the Irons...
The Team/Manager/Players, and most importantly the Fans...who to me are the Club.
I refuse to let the people who own the club.."at the moment" fuck that up...

Just my tuppence worth and my take on things...
goodpost:)

Only thing I’d add is in response to you saying Moyes isn’t a suck up merchant. IF Benrahma was a dwarf signing, as many have suggested, do you think Moyes would have had the cojones to tell the Russian wannabe to stick his job. ?

I think most of us would agree the contributions to our efforts this season of Dawson, Coufal & Soucek, brought in for around the same money , have dwarfed (no pun intended) what Benrahma has brought to the table.
Is it not the case that Benrahma was signed on loan from Brentford with an option to buy.

Jesse Lingard was only able to be brought in on loan from Manchester United by making Benrahma a permanent signing and freeing up the space for his loan.

Lingard has turned out to be an astounding success whereas Benrahama looks like Haller 2.0, unable to fit into the team pattern/system. All of this is entirely David Moyes responsibilitity and the owner David Sullivan is only guilty of agreeing the finance.

Lets all at least stick to the chronology of actual events.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Only thing I’d add is in response to you saying Moyes isn’t a suck up merchant. IF Benrahma was a dwarf signing, as many have suggested, do you think Moyes would have had the cojones to tell the Russian wannabe to stick his job. ?

I think most of us would agree the contributions to our efforts this season of Dawson, Coufal & Soucek, brought in for around the same money , have dwarfed (no pun intended) what Benrahma has brought to the table.
Is it not the case that Benrahma was signed on loan from Brentford with an option to buy.

Jesse Lingard was only able to be brought in on loan from Manchester United by making Benrahma a permanent signing and freeing up the space for his loan.

Lingard has turned out to be an astounding success whereas Benrahama looks like Haller 2.0, unable to fit into the team pattern/system. All of this is entirely David Moyes responsibilitity and the owner David Sullivan is only guilty of agreeing the finance.

Lets all at least stick to the chronology of actual events.

I think that scenario is true. But I guess the conspiracy is who decided we should actually sign Benrahma. I have no idea whose decision it actually was, and nor have any of us, but we have seen other suspicious signings, Hart and Wilshere being the most notable, so imo the conspiracy theorists do have a point.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

" Benrahama looks like Haller 2.0"

In effectiveness and end product yes but at least he runs about shows some effort and tries even if it all does mostly end up in a pointless shot heading towards the outer planets...personally i just dont think hes going to make the grade...sooner or later he'll have to be cut loose

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:34 am Couple things...David Moyes said he was Happy with the players/squad he has...whats wrong with that...he's bigging them
up,and as we've seen and all said...it's a great squad of players with a terrific team spirit...he and the coaches have
created that...by bringing the right players in, and outing others,it's working we're pushing for a CL Spot...STILL...with 5 games
left...5 winnable games....despite losing the spine of the first team we're still there.
Saying happy doesn't mean Satisfied...he wants to improve and bring players in...But The right players...he believes the
guys we have can get us easily top half..we've outdone what he imagined....why fuck that up by bringing in some maybe/maybe
not players to fuck that up...he knew Micky wouldn't play every game...gets lingard in so we can play a slightly different
style and still create chances...that worked...Plenty of sides now play without a "Traditional" CF ,lots play a kinda
false 9 thing.
Not gonna go on about the players he's brought in thats a no brainer...some of the comments are really unfair...
Can tell you he is no suck up merchant....maybe gotta play lip service to his bosses ,but we all do...or have done at some point.

Second point we have not so good owners.... :lol: putting it mildly...I seriously don't wont them in charge of the club I love...
can assure you no one dislikes them more than me...but it is what it is...going back to previous point,we all have or have
had bosses we don't like...hates a big word,but maybe even hate,but we still might enjoy where we work and have
many good friends there....Footies the same...I'm able to separate the two,so I can enjoy my love of the Irons...
The Team/Manager/Players, and most importantly the Fans...who to me are the Club.
I refuse to let the people who own the club.."at the moment" fuck that up...

Just my tuppence worth and my take on things...

I dont think our owner would have forked out that amount of OUR clubs money if he could have got away with it...
For some reason Moyes didn't like Anderson..after Nobes prob our hardest worker,so never quite got that..from his point
of view.

Ben was pretty much a like for like...Skillful left wide MFer...Fornals should be more central..so get all the thinking,in the
set up...and footie tactics is a bit beyond the little dude (also known as Dwarf to some) ...so not sure how much he was involved
TBH he prefers a name player so gets a few quid back on shirt sales..Maybe little dudes..little dude wanted him.... :lol:

Money.. all about dosh end of the day in the PL....Me, I'm not gonna tell my boss to fuck off and do one,and jack my
2 mill a year gig, cos he brings in a talented 30 mill player.....sorry anyone that thinks that is way off,
He could bring in a 35 year old from Nuneaton Borough...I aint jacking 2 mill a year....Plus think he likes it here a lot
and is quite passionate about us now...I like that.

I really rate Ben if I'm honest...but agree he is bloody frustrating...long range digs has had me throwing the remote
round the room..but he has something special I feel...but there's been shit loads a talented players cant crack the PL,
Prob he has now is as long as Jesse is here he dont start...he aint getting game time and aint gonna be getting much.
But we need players even 30 mill players..quality players..on the bench,if we wanna hold our own near the top.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Listen to this prick. Now I don't know if he's just reading from the referees note book or he seriously believes what he is saying.
Football is well and truly fucked. It will be total non contact, and wait until they bring in the rule that you are only allowed to head it 5 times in a game. Any more and you go to the sin bin for 5 minutes ffs :roll:
https://www.westhamzone.com/news/chris- ... elsea/amp/

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:48 pm

I dont think our owner would have forked out that amount of OUR clubs money if he could have got away with it...
For some reason Moyes didn't like Anderson..after Nobes prob our hardest worker,so never quite got that..from his point
of view.

Ben was pretty much a like for like...Skillful left wide MFer...Fornals should be more central..so get all the thinking,in the
set up...and footie tactics is a bit beyond the little dude (also known as Dwarf to some) ...so not sure how much he was involved
TBH he prefers a name player so gets a few quid back on shirt sales..Maybe little dudes..little dude wanted him.... :lol:

Money.. all about dosh end of the day in the PL....Me, I'm not gonna tell my boss to fuck off and do one,and jack my
2 mill a year gig, cos he brings in a talented 30 mill player.....sorry anyone that thinks that is way off,
He could bring in a 35 year old from Nuneaton Borough...I aint jacking 2 mill a year....Plus think he likes it here a lot

I really rate Ben if I'm honest...but agree he is bloody frustrating...long range digs has had me throwing the remote
round the room..but he has something special I feel...but there's been shit loads a talented players cant crack the PL,
Prob he has now is as long as Jesse is here he dont start...he aint getting game time and aint gonna be getting much.
But we need players even 30 mill players..quality players..on the bench,if we wanna hold our own near the top.
D8D79066-FE29-4D83-B2AA-324F2C0F53A3.gif
D8D79066-FE29-4D83-B2AA-324F2C0F53A3.gif (267.24 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:45 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:48 pm

of view.

D8D79066-FE29-4D83-B2AA-324F2C0F53A3.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: ..

Anyway said DOSH...not NOSH Mr N....

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:22 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:54 pm True, but all the above got a solid run off games.

If we had a fully fit squad I'm inclined to agree. Dawson wouldn't make the cut. But he got in because of injury and, until recently, hasn't played badly..

For me it's no coincidence his performances have dropped since Rice was injured but that's another issue. Benrahma ? I'm hoping he'll prove me wrong but all I see is a Championship player out of his depth. And I don't see a Moyes player there somehow. I can see a Moyes player in Bowen, who came from the same league, if you get my drift. And that makes me think those who reckon Benrahma was a dwarf signing may wll have a point.

And that worries me more than a little. Statistics are never a substitute for seeing someone in action.
I think Dawson's drop-off coincided with Ogbonna's injury more than Rice's. Still think he and Oggy are our first choice CBs on the evidence of the whole season.

On another note, does anyone know what the handball rule is for denial of an actual goal. I mean we all know if the arm is involved in the scoring of one, VAR overturns, but shouldn't this be the same for a ball heading into the goal (regardless if it would have been saved!)?
#fuckqatar2022