West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Masuaku won't make the Chelsea game as he has fluid on his knees, Cresswell still not ready yet, Dawson suspension, Rice is 3 weeks away from return and no return date for Antonio but a plus sign for Lingard that he is fine. Fredericks is back and in squad probably at the bench.

Squad revised after today physio report.

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Johnson

Noble
Soucek

Benrahma
Lingard
Fornals

Bowen

Benrahma need to step up and be counted if he want to be as good as Lingard.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I see this being similar to the Man Utd and Liverpool games tbh. No Rice or Antonio and I hear Cress and Arthur definitely out. Our left side was picked off easily with Cress in the team. It’ll be even easier now. Our middle is massively weakened and we have no bulldozer up front as a focal point.

This was always gonna happen to a paper thin squad and we’re just lucky it never happened sooner. Only thing going for us is that Chelsea got a shit ton of games coming up. Watch Wiener do what he’s forgotten how to do and nick a goal or 3
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:15 pm I see this being similar to the Man Utd and Liverpool games tbh. No Rice or Antonio and I hear Cress and Arthur definitely out. Our left side was picked off easily with Cress in the team. It’ll be even easier now. Our middle is massively weakened and we have no bulldozer up front as a focal point.

This was always gonna happen to a paper thin squad and we’re just lucky it never happened sooner. Only thing going for us is that Chelsea got a shit ton of games coming up. Watch Wiener do what he’s forgotten how to do and nick a goal or 3
The other thing going for us,was all the teams below us drew at the weekend and we are still 4th. Hopeflly the uncertainty of super league membership will have a nice caustic disruption within their ranks.

2-0

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:09 pm Masuaku won't make the Chelsea game as he has fluid on his knees, Cresswell still not ready yet, Dawson suspension, Rice is 3 weeks away from return and no return date for Antonio but a plus sign for Lingard that he is fine. Fredericks is back and in squad probably at the bench.

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Johnson

Noble
Soucek

Benrahma
Lingard
Fornals

Bowen

Never mind being as good as Lingard, Benrahma has to prove he's good enough to get a starting place first. Can't see him having any impact but if he does get a start it will be a good time for him to start showing Moyes some reasons for including him in the starting line up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:28 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:15 pm I see this being similar to the Man Utd and Liverpool games tbh. No Rice or Antonio and I hear Cress and Arthur definitely out. Our left side was picked off easily with Cress in the team. It’ll be even easier now. Our middle is massively weakened and we have no bulldozer up front as a focal point.

The other thing going for us,was all the teams below us drew at the weekend and we are still 4th. Hopeflly the uncertainty of super league membership will have a nice caustic disruption within their ranks.

2-0
Yeah those draws done us a big favour. Shame we couldn’t take advantage of them coz instead they’re now another point closer to us.
With regards this super bullshit league, yes, could be playing on Chelsea players minds possibly while giving our boys even more desire to beat them. Fingers crossed
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

We're missing a few key players so I would see a point as a major plus from this game. Knowing what has happened so often in the past I wouldn't be surprised to see Timo Werner end his goal drought in style.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 pm We're missing a few key players so I would see a point as a major plus from this game. Knowing what has happened so often in the past I wouldn't be surprised to see Timo Werner end his goal drought in style.
well we do have a great record of helping players end scoring droughts...a skill to be proud of i'd say !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Chelsea could only get a draw against Brighton and play Real Madrid on tuesday, so they will be heavily rotated.

Ours to lose. Prediction: 2-0 and I would imagine the officials will be unconciously on our side.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:42 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:09 pm Masuaku won't make the Chelsea game as he has fluid on his knees, Cresswell still not ready yet, Dawson suspension, Rice is 3 weeks away from return and no return date for Antonio but a plus sign for Lingard that he is fine. Fredericks is back and in squad probably at the bench.

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Johnson

Noble
Soucek

Benrahma
Lingard
Fornals

Bowen

Never mind being as good as Lingard, Benrahma has to prove he's good enough to get a starting place first. Can't see him having any impact but if he does get a start it will be a good time for him to start showing Moyes some reasons for including him in the starting line up.
Against Chelsea - still giving him a fair crack of the whip I see.

How about a run of 4 or 5 games against opponents of mixed capabilities - no - prove yourself against the highest spend club in England or you are a failure!