So proud to be a Hammer this season.

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: So proud to be a Hammer this season.

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:18 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:13 pm

You are correct Tel, but I do think that we have the lesser of two weevils.

I know that we have parasites for owners - I just don't let it get to me like you blokes over there do.

And as for Moyes - he'd have a lot more fans if he was South American instead of a sweaty jock. But that's our issue, not his.
Why do you think Sullivan is better than Ashley?
By default Terry. And only marginally.

I don't have a legit reason or basis to think this.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:06 am Considering the arseholes that run our club,what Moyes,his backroom staff and players has done is a bloody MIRACLE.

His achieved this under adversity.Imagine if we had the Leicester or Everton owners behind us,you know we'd go on and build a solid base to challenge the Top teams..Under these crooks,it won`t happen.

Moyes,we cannot thank you enough for this season.Thank you for making us feel proud again.
Totally agreed, with these 3 crooks, West Ham may only succeed 1 or 2 season then struggles as the crooks don't have enough sufficient funds or helping us to take another level as they aren't strong enough.

Next season the games will be less tight and open between them so expected Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham and Wolves which those 11 are expected to do better and where West Ham will be??? If there will be no improvement in squad this summer, we will be struggling and we will be out of Europe early, just like in 2006-07, 2016-17 as that 2 season we did not improve our squad due to poor ownerships cost us.

This summer, we need a GK, LB, CB (Balbuena leaving this summer), 1 or 2 DM, 2 x attacking midfielder who can play on the wings and 2 strikers as Antonio CANNOT play every game and not more than 15-20 games. That 9 players to come to make our strength in depth stronger. In Order to do this, we need to get rid of Randelph, Martin, Balbuena (he is leaving anyway), Anderson, Yarmolenko and Lanzini which is 6 players.

That is the only way and hope to start preparing in May, NOT in July.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm Tassie's correct. I too am proud to be a Hammer every season.

Moyes, against the odds, has earned my respect. We're difficult to beat and a threat on the break. And I don't want too piss on anyone's cornflakes but there's an inevitable 'but'.

The dwarf told us we'd be competing for CL within 5 years. It's taken 11. And I still remain to be convinced this isn't a one-off season where the balls have all fallen into place.

Irrespective of where we finish it's been excellent this term, but the next step is to do it every season. Moyes is the manager the club aspire to be at, i.e. Europa League challengers. But to go a stage further requires a boss less 'pee my pants' against teams we show too much respect to. Not enough 'over the trenches charging at Jerry stark naked' for my taste.

I will concede, however, that such dreams flounder on the rock of Shyster. No point at all employing someone like Bielsa if the team is old and creaking. Younger and more energetic players need younger and energetic owners.

So well done Messiah.

You'll do for me for the noo M'laddie.
No point in appointing someone like Bielsa anyway as he is not going to win a league here. His football is far too open for the PL

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm Tassie's correct. I too am proud to be a Hammer every season.

Moyes, against the odds, has earned my respect. We're difficult to beat and a threat on the break. And I don't want too piss on anyone's cornflakes but there's an inevitable 'but'.

The dwarf told us we'd be competing for CL within 5 years. It's taken 11. And I still remain to be convinced this isn't a one-off season where the balls have all fallen into place.

Irrespective of where we finish it's been excellent this term, but the next step is to do it every season. Moyes is the manager the club aspire to be at, i.e. Europa League challengers. But to go a stage further requires a boss less 'pee my pants' against teams we show too much respect to. Not enough 'over the trenches charging at Jerry stark naked' for my taste.

I will concede, however, that such dreams flounder on the rock of Shyster. No point at all employing someone like Bielsa if the team is old and creaking. Younger and more energetic players need younger and energetic owners.

So well done Messiah.

You'll do for me for the noo M'laddie.
Couldn’t agree more .

Except for your last 2 sentences . Moyes can get fucked :D

And Moyes Lickers like Gonzo and Terry above need to stop creaming their jeans until such times as we are up there or there abouts on a regular basis :lol:
Like we were with Lyall, Greenwood, Bilic, Pellegrini, Redknapp etc ?

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:06 am Considering the arseholes that run our club,what Moyes,his backroom staff and players has done is a bloody MIRACLE.

His achieved this under adversity.Imagine if we had the Leicester or Everton owners behind us,you know we'd go on and build a solid base to challenge the Top teams..Under these crooks,it won`t happen.

Moyes,we cannot thank you enough for this season.Thank you for making us feel proud again.
Agreed though look at Everton's bench the other night when they were playing players out of position because they have a couple of injuries and could not hit a barn door without Calvert-Lewin (!)

As for Leicester....great squad but I have always questioned Rodgers as his teams seem to fold at season end. I actually hope they make it this season to the top 4 (as well as us :lol: )

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm Talk turned to football this morning as a workmate is a Newcastle fan.
He said “I hope that we get relegated so that our owner fucks off and takes a loss. We must have the worst owner in English football. I’ve always had a soft spot for the Hammers. I’d start going for the them if we did go down.” :lol:
Disgusting behaviour and he shouldn’t call himself a fan if talking about changing teams. You can change your house, your car, your wife, but you cannot change your football team
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:15 pm [
Of course there are little things to moan about,but come on,if we finish in the Top 4,it would top the 1986 achievements.
Christ almighty if we do manage to finish top 4, which I still can't see happening, it would blow 85/86 out of the water. 85/86 is the best season I've ever witnessed as a West Ham supporter, and the best team we've ever managed to assemble. But the football demographic was different then and for a traditional struggler to gatecrash the top table in today's game would surpass Lyall's achievements back in 86 imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

And Moyes Lickers like Gonzo and Terry above need to stop creaming their jeans until such times as we are up there or there abouts on a regular basis :lol:
Yes of course. Back to the pinnacle of English football where West Ham United have always proudly resided these past 50 or 60 years.

Oh, hang on. I think that should have read Manchester United. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And we think Spurs fans are deluded. :lol: ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:04 pm

Couldn’t agree more .

Except for your last 2 sentences . Moyes can get fucked :D

Like we were with Lyall, Greenwood, Bilic, Pellegrini, Redknapp etc ?
Yep I didn’t like them either :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Yes of course. Back to the pinnacle of English football where West Ham United have always proudly resided these past 50 or 60 years.

Oh, hang on. I think that should have read Manchester United. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And we think Spurs fans are deluded. :lol: ;)
Indeed we do and rightly so , though I’m a teeny weeny bit jealous that it’s not us in the cup final .

As for the rest of your post , are you sure that was my contribution that you meant to quote mate ?

Dwelling on a non existent past is the last thing I ever do .
Only ever look to the future....

And if that manky Scots git has us in a similar position next season and the season after I’ll start to like him :D
Bring back Jonathon !