So proud to be a Hammer this season.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

So proud to be a Hammer this season.

Post by terrya1965 »

Considering the arseholes that run our club,what Moyes,his backroom staff and players has done is a bloody MIRACLE.

His achieved this under adversity.Imagine if we had the Leicester or Everton owners behind us,you know we'd go on and build a solid base to challenge the Top teams..Under these crooks,it won`t happen.

Moyes,we cannot thank you enough for this season.Thank you for making us feel proud again.

tassiehammer

Re: So proud to be a Hammer this season.

Post by tassiehammer »

Agree with your sentiments tel but I'm proud to a Hammer every season. Been in Tas for 30 years now and every one knows who I go for. And if they don't they soon find out when they want to talk football! :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

Tassie's correct. I too am proud to be a Hammer every season.

Moyes, against the odds, has earned my respect. We're difficult to beat and a threat on the break. And I don't want too piss on anyone's cornflakes but there's an inevitable 'but'.

The dwarf told us we'd be competing for CL within 5 years. It's taken 11. And I still remain to be convinced this isn't a one-off season where the balls have all fallen into place.

Irrespective of where we finish it's been excellent this term, but the next step is to do it every season. Moyes is the manager the club aspire to be at, i.e. Europa League challengers. But to go a stage further requires a boss less 'pee my pants' against teams we show too much respect to. Not enough 'over the trenches charging at Jerry stark naked' for my taste.

I will concede, however, that such dreams flounder on the rock of Shyster. No point at all employing someone like Bielsa if the team is old and creaking. Younger and more energetic players need younger and energetic owners.

So well done Messiah.

You'll do for me for the noo M'laddie.
Last edited by palerider on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Talk turned to football this morning as a workmate is a Newcastle fan.
He said “I hope that we get relegated so that our owner fucks off and takes a loss. We must have the worst owner in English football. I’ve always had a soft spot for the Hammers. I’d start going for the them if we did go down.” :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm Tassie's correct. I too am proud to be a Hammer every season.

Moyes, against the odds, has earned my respect. We're difficult to beat and a threat on the break. And I don't want too piss on anyone's cornflakes but there's an inevitable 'but'.

The dwarf told us we'd be competing for CL within 5 years. It's taken 11. And I still remain to be convinced this isn't a one-off season where the balls have all fallen into place.

Irrespective of where we finish it's been excellent this term, but the next step is to do it every season. Moyes is the manager the club aspire to be at, i.e. Europa League challengers. But to go a stage further requires a boss less 'pee my pants' against teams we show too much respect to. Not enough 'over the trenches charging at Jerry stark naked' for my taste.

I will concede, however, that such dreams flounder on the rock of Shyster. No point at all employing someone like Bielsa if the team is old and creaking. Younger and more energetic players need younger and energetic owners.

So well done Messiah.

Couldn’t agree more .

Except for your last 2 sentences . Moyes can get fucked :D

And Moyes Lickers like Gonzo and Terry above need to stop creaming their jeans until such times as we are up there or there abouts on a regular basis :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:38 am Agree with your sentiments tel but I'm proud to a Hammer every season. Been in Tas for 30 years now and every one knows who I go for. And if they don't they soon find out when they want to talk football! :D :D
I have ALWAYS been proud to support West Ham,but when you are doing well,it makes you extra proud.,since the day I can remember.I first went to watch us at UP 50 years ago..

I am proud of our achievements despite that prick Sullivan in charge.(still think that Benrahma was a Sullivan signing).and sticking his nose in on the football side of things.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm Talk turned to football this morning as a workmate is a Newcastle fan.
He said “I hope that we get relegated so that our owner fucks off and takes a loss. We must have the worst owner in English football. I’ve always had a soft spot for the Hammers. I’d start going for the them if we did go down.” :lol:
We BOTH have similar owners,but one dosen't try to interfere in Team affairs,like the other.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:06 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm Talk turned to football this morning as a workmate is a Newcastle fan.
We BOTH have similar owners,but one dosen't try to interfere in Team affairs,like the other.
You are correct Tel, but I do think that we have the lesser of two weevils.

I know that we have parasites for owners - I just don't let it get to me like you blokes over there do.

And as for Moyes - he'd have a lot more fans if he was South American instead of a sweaty jock. But that's our issue, not his.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm Tassie's correct. I too am proud to be a Hammer every season.

So well done Messiah.

Couldn’t agree more .

Except for your last 2 sentences . Moyes can get fucked :D

And Moyes Lickers like Gonzo and Terry above need to stop creaming their jeans until such times as we are up there or there abouts on a regular basis :lol:
That`s the thing,we probably won't,but that won't be down to Moyes.

Of course there are little things to moan about,but come on,if we finish in the Top 4,it would top the 1986 achievements.

You have the Sky 6,who we shouldn't even be competing with,because the amount of money they can spend(City,chelsea and United in a completely different land),then there is Leicester and Everton who have fabulous owners.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:13 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:06 pm

You are correct Tel, but I do think that we have the lesser of two weevils.

I know that we have parasites for owners - I just don't let it get to me like you blokes over there do.

And as for Moyes - he'd have a lot more fans if he was South American instead of a sweaty jock. But that's our issue, not his.
Why do you think Sullivan is better than Ashley?