Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 am Sunday morning. The dust has settled a bit, and I'm still fucked if I know how we've lost to a Steve Bruce side twice in a season, when every time I've watched Newcastle they are absolute dogshit. Fuck sake :roll:
Because Bruce plays exactly the same game as Moyes. And Moyes cracked first. We had 65% possession. and they caught us on the break with the help of some fucking awful defending. With no crowd to boo them Bruce would have been happy for both teams to pass the ball between themselves for 90 minutes for a 0-0 draw.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:38 am
Castiron wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 am Sunday morning. The dust has settled a bit, and I'm still fucked if I know how we've lost to a Steve Bruce side twice in a season, when every time I've watched Newcastle they are absolute dogshit. Fuck sake :roll:
Because Bruce plays exactly the same game as Moyes. And Moyes cracked first. We had 65% possession. and they caught us on the break with the help of some fucking awful defending. With no crowd to boo them Bruce would have been happy for both teams to pass the ball between themselves for 90 minutes for a 0-0 draw.
Not sure you can blame Moyes for cracking after that shit show at the back.
You can't legislate for the own goal, the red card, the fumble and Johnson not even attempting to attack the cross. All individual, rediculous errors.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The opening game is much more difficult to explain than yesterday imo. After losing to them at the LS I was convinced it was going to be a long hard season hoping there would be 3 teams worse than us. We pulled ourselves out of the first day malaise brilliantly and have had a season none of us could possibly have anticipated.

Combination of factors yesterday. Dawson thinking he was Gerard Pique miscontrolling a ball and then compounding his error by diving in when already on a yellow. Fabianski having his one shocker a season moment, last year's was at Anfield if you remember and young Johnson, very unfortunately after his goalline heroics a few moments earlier, losing his man for the winner. All individual errors.

But we could also see how much Rice is missed in the middle of the park. And it was also obvious that without him we only have Fornals who can dictate the play. I think we sometimes underestimate how much Rice influences us going forward as well as his undoubted presence defensively.

And the thinness of the squad was compounded as it became obvious once Noble was replaced by Benrahma we would lose what defensive stability we had left. Sorry to those who think Benrahma is the next best thing but imo the bloke is proving to be a complete waste of money. I know some will say "but he hasn't been given a run in the team". True, but until he starts to contribute more than the square root of fuck all when he does come on, he doesn't deserve the run in the team quite a few would apparently like to see.

I wonder which of the dwarf's pet agents benefited from shifting him onto our payroll.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 am
The opening game is much more difficult to explain than yesterday imo. After losing to them at the LS I was convinced it was going to be a long hard season hoping there would be 3 teams worse than us. We pulled ourselves out of the first day malaise brilliantly and have had a season none of us could possibly have anticipated.

Combination of factors yesterday. Dawson thinking he was Gerard Pique miscontrolling a ball and then compounding his error by diving in when already on a yellow. Fabianski having his one shocker a season moment, last year's was at Anfield if you remember and young Johnson, very unfortunately after his goalline heroics a few moments earlier, losing his man for the winner. All individual errors.

But we could also see how much Rice is missed in the middle of the park. And it was also obvious that without him we only have Fornals who can dictate the play. I think we sometimes underestimate how much Rice influences us going forward as well as his undoubted presence defensively.

And the thinness of the squad was compounded as it became obvious once Noble was replaced by Benrahma we would lose what defensive stability we had left. Sorry to those who think Benrahma is the next best thing but imo the bloke is proving to be a complete waste of money. I know some will say "but he hasn't been given a run in the team". True, but until he starts to contribute more than the square root of fuck all when he does come on, he doesn't deserve the run in the team quite a few would apparently like to see.

I wonder which of the dwarf's pet agents benefited from shifting him onto our payroll.
I agree wholeheartedly.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

What we have discovered with the abscence of Antonio and Rice is, there is no circumstance where Conor Coventry or Ademipo Odubeko will be used.

They are part of the bench but like the 3rd choice goalkeeper completely redundant.

The manager declared he was happy with his squad in January (why ?) So if your happy with your squad but suffer injuries and then you do not use your available replacements becaiuse you don't think they are any good, does that mean

a) you don't know what your doing, fundamentally
b) you didn't anticipate those particular injuries - see a)
c) you can always shove square pegs into round holes - see a)
d) you won't get relegated so you can basically try any old shit

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

We lost the game because of 2 awful mistakes and Dawson being sent off.

Bruce didn`t outfox Moyes,we lost because of our own stupidity.

We were the by far the better team when we went down to 10.In the end,we run out of steam.

We also got so many injuries to key players and we still outplayed them.

One of them very lucky days for Newcastle,because they weren't good at all,apart from St Maxmin.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Castiron wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 am

Not sure you can blame Moyes for cracking after that shit show at the back.
You can't legislate for the own goal, the red card, the fumble and Johnson not even attempting to attack the cross. All individual, rediculous errors.
Exactly the blame lies with the players.
At least we attempted to have a go second half in the past would have crumbled and got fucking smashed

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:22 am What we have discovered with the abscence of Antonio and Rice is, there is no circumstance where Conor Coventry or Ademipo Odubeko will be used.

They are part of the bench but like the 3rd choice goalkeeper completely redundant.

The manager declared he was happy with his squad in January (why ?) So if your happy with your squad but suffer injuries and then you do not use your available replacements becaiuse you don't think they are any good, does that mean

a) you don't know what your doing, fundamentally
b) you didn't anticipate those particular injuries - see a)
c) you can always shove square pegs into round holes - see a)
d) you won't get relegated so you can basically try any old shit
I would offer
E). I don’t fancy bringing players like Josh King in, probably for silly money, so I’ll wait until summer and try to bring in the players I want.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Or
F) The owners have me fucked over again, but I’ll take it as I normally do.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Coming back from 2 nil down with 10 men shows something very positive

I'm going with a positive here
Omicron is an anagram of moronic