Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:40 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Not the reason we lost mate. First two goals would have been embarrassing on Hackney Marshes.
Just individual errors then ?
We didn't play well, don't get me wrong. But yeah. Dawson, Diop and Fabianski could have been turning out in the Big Top. You must know how bad it is when Joelinton scores against you.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We caused more trouble in our own box than the Geordie cunts created all game .
Another day we would have fucked em.

Still fucking fourth.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm I didn’t see today’s game .

I saw the home game against this lot and I know why we lost that ...

So how did he play today ?
For me the problem is we don't have the players who can dictate games. In other words we have to be reactive, which we seem to be pretty good at. Unfortunately when the opposition are content to let us have the lion's share of possession and effectively say, ok you lot , break us down, we don't have the tools to do it..

Newcastle got their tactics spot on today. They let us have the ball and simply fell back and relied on Saint Maximin to break out and cause us problems. Which in fairness he did, although we made it easy for him didn't we ?

If we stick with Moyes, which I think we should, I think he jas his priorities right. Up until recently we've looked sound in defence and any top flight manager, even Guardiola, will recognise that's the part of your game that's the most important. Score 4 and it's no guarantee of anything. Concede nil and you finish with at least a point. We are desperately missing Rice, (who wouldn't ?) , but I was impressed today with the character the team showed to come back from 2-0 down with 10 men. Once again it was individual errors, not tactics, that cost us.

No denying we are short of numbers in the squad but personally I'd rather wait for the right quality of player to become available. So no more over priced vanity buys from the championship please. Buy from Poundland and you have to replace the fucking thing with the real deal within a year. As I fear we will find out with a certain Algerian.

But at least Poundland have the decency not to rip you off with their prices. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:21 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm I didn’t see today’s game .

I saw the home game against this lot and I know why we lost that ...

So how did he play today ?
For me the problem is we don't have the players who can dictate games. In other words we have to be reactive, which we seem to be pretty good at. Unfortunately when the opposition are content to let us have the lion's share of possession and effectively say, ok you lot , break us down, we don't have the tools to do it..

Newcastle got their tactics spot on today. They let us have the ball and simply fell back and relied on Saint Maximin to break out and cause us problems. Which in fairness he did, although we made it easy for him didn't we ?

If we stick with Moyes, which I think we should, I think he jas his priorities right. Up until recently we've looked sound in defence and any top flight manager, even Guardiola, will recognise that's the part of your game that's the most important. Score 4 and it's no guarantee of anything. Concede nil and you finish with at least a point. We are desperately missing Rice, (who wouldn't ?) , but I was impressed today with the character the team showed to come back from 2-0 down with 10 men. Once again it was individual errors, not tactics, that cost us.

No denying we are short of numbers in the squad but personally I'd rather wait for the right quality of player to become available. So no more over priced vanity buys from the championship please. Buy from Poundland and you have to replace the fucking thing with the real deal within a year. As I fear we will find out with a certain Algerian.

But at least Poundland have the decency not to rip you off with their prices. ;)
Two injuries too far for this team. Big loss with Creswell and his deliveries and a big loss with Masuaku with his maruding travelling with the ball on the left. That opens up space for Fornals and Lingard to operate and exploit

And Dawson who has been v good since arriving can not tackle. 3 Yellow cards in last two games and plenty of previous occasions where he simply miss times the ball. I don't know whether he has been told to try and cover the space that Dec occupies in front of the defence or he's so imbued with confidence, that he now fancies himself as a player, nevertheless that needs to stop. And real quick.

Dawson is the unfussy,solid,no nonsense CB that needs to stay in his own area. His strengths are closing down,blocking,keeping touch tight and heading. Passing is semi reliable over a short distance. He is basically ok when surrounded by good confident players.

If the journey involves luck and stamina, we might be running out of road. But it's not impossible to finish 5th or 6th and without further injuries that could happen. We still do have one priceless asset - unbelievable team belief and unity

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

We miss Rice so much. Gives us a glimpse of what life will be like without him I guess.
It fucks Souceks normal game right up.

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

At least one positive outcome of today's disappointment is that it's time for this again…
Enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:14 pm generally think we will get gubbed in every game for every reason, they havent won in london, the striker hasnt scored in 10 games, theyve never beaten WHU in april, theyve lost 18 on the bounce....the list goes on. .. and genuinely think we will struggle against the toon .....because we are ..expected to win and favourites...

being a hammer is not good for your positive vibes...

4th 5 goal thriller in a row, r we not entertained!

Personally always felt like a banana skin this game. Tough against chavs nxt, thereafter a relatively stress free run in. Would take top 6 all day, just feel we are going to be lacking the squad to play in Europe and stay above mid table in prem.

For the first time ever, a genuine stick or twist moment for owners.

palerider

Post by palerider »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:54 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:14 pm generally think we will get gubbed in every game for every reason, they havent won in london, the striker hasnt scored in 10 games, theyve never beaten WHU in april, theyve lost 18 on the bounce....the list goes on. .. and genuinely think we will struggle against the toon .....because we are ..expected to win and favourites...

being a hammer is not good for your positive vibes...

Personally always felt like a banana skin this game. Tough against chavs nxt, thereafter a relatively stress free run in. Would take top 6 all day, just feel we are going to be lacking the squad to play in Europe and stay above mid table in prem.

Stick or twist will be the conundrum for all but the mega-rich clubs not really affected by lockdown like City and Chelsea.

Very rare for me to stick up for the shysters as hanging's too good for them but like most they'll have been hit financially. And although summer 'should' spell a path to freedom, the way the scruffy blond cunt will act if someone sneezes on the District Line remains to be seen.

So it will be a twist but don't get too excited. They won't spend the amount required to propel us up to the mythical 'next level' unless Declan is heading north. And even then they'll fuck about with stupid offers letting others scoop up the best players.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

palerider wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:08 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:54 am

Stick or twist will be the conundrum for all but the mega-rich clubs not really affected by lockdown like City and Chelsea.

Very rare for me to stick up for the shysters as hanging's too good for them but like most they'll have been hit financially. And although summer 'should' spell a path to freedom, the way the scruffy blond cunt will act if someone sneezes on the District Line remains to be seen.

So it will be a twist but don't get too excited. They won't spend the amount required to propel us up to the mythical 'next level' unless Declan is heading north. And even then they'll fuck about with stupid offers letting others scoop up the best players.
I fear u may be right pale. Gotta at try and keep Declan for another season , still young and not even in his prime if lingard is anything to go by.
Left back, cb, 2midfielders, 1 cf (if Jesse stays).....all for a tenner!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Sunday morning. The dust has settled a bit, and I'm still fucked if I know how we've lost to a Steve Bruce side twice in a season, when every time I've watched Newcastle they are absolute dogshit. Fuck sake :roll: