Our remaining run ins

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Our remaining run ins

Post by Ibbyham »

Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H) Chelsea play against Brighton 4 games prior to our game and Champions League after our game (they are 2-0 up against Porto away 1st leg)
Burnley (A)
Everton (H)
Brighton (A)
WBA (A)
Southampton (H)

Need Brighton to secure Premier League football before our game there and WBA to be confirmed relegation before our game otherwise they will be desperately getting points.

Out of those lots, I would say the maximum points could be 16 points added to 55 already to make 71 that should be enough for Chamipions League 3rd place or 4th place.......and the minimum points could be 5 points added to 55 already to make 60 that may be enough for 7th place but could go to Europa depending results on Cups games.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Re: Our remaining run ins

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:10 pm Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H) Chelsea play against Brighton 4 games prior to our game and Champions League after our game (they are 2-0 up against Porto away 1st leg)
Burnley (A)
Everton (H)
Brighton (A)
WBA (A)
Southampton (H)

Need Brighton to secure Premier League football before our game there and WBA to be confirmed relegation before our game otherwise they will be desperately getting points.

Out of those lots, I would say the maximum points could be 16 points added to 55 already to make 71 that should be enough for Chamipions League 3rd place or 4th place.......and the minimum points could be 5 points added to 55 already to make 60 that may be enough for 7th place but could go to Europa depending results on Cups games.
I won't predict anything Ibbs.

We have done really well ,but our injury list is growing.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:27 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:10 pm Newcastle (A)
Burnley (A)
Everton (H)
Brighton (A)
WBA (A)
Southampton (H)

I won't predict anything Ibbs.

We have done really ,but our injury list is growing.
All I hope injuries to be a minimum and hope Cresswell will be back very soon. Ogbonna will be back next week and Johnson will fill in Cressie place.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Where would 10 points leave us? 65 points was enough to finish 5th last season.
Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

7 more cup finals. That's the only way to look at it.

There'll be unexpected results for sure for all of the 5/6 teams going for 2 places. You can highlight certain games. The last two for example. Southampton will be safe and West Brom almost certainly already down, therefore both with nothing to play for, but it's been a very strange season.

I still think our lack of squad depth caused by the dwarf being as tight as a duck's arse will cost us but I thought that before yesterday's game as well.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 pm 7 more cup finals. That's the only way to look at it.

There'll be unexpected results for sure for all of the 5/6 teams going for 2 places. You can highlight certain games. The last two for example. Southampton will be safe and West Brom almost certainly already down, therefore both with nothing to play for, but it's been a very strange season.

I still think our lack of squad depth caused by the dwarf being as tight as a duck's arse will cost us but I thought that before yesterday's game as well.
He's offered lingard a weekend in Southend and a voucher for asda's.
Nothing to be sniffed at, my good man.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 pm 7 more cup finals. That's the only way to look at it.

A weekend in Asda's and a voucher for Southend would be better.

But have no fear. He's moving heaven and earth to keep him and remember. Antonio back next season. Like having a new player.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:05 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 pm

A weekend in Asda's and a voucher for Southend would be better.

But have no fear. He's moving heaven and earth to keep him and remember. Antonio back next season. Like having a new player.

And lest we forget the mercurial Anderson. They may as well hand over the title now, I reckon.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 pm Where would 10 points leave us? 65 points was enough to finish 5th last season.
65 points usually the average point for 4th place but this season out of 31 games Wes Ham are 4th with 55 points with Chelsea 54 on 5th, Liverpool 52 on 6th and Tottenham 49 on 7th plus Everton 47th on 8th with 2 games in hand.......It is very tight and only 9 points between Leicester 56 points to Everton 47 on 8th so it is going to be the toughest unexpected run ins for all the teams vying for 3rd and 4th place. There will be lots of twist and turn, referee may spoilt it or injuries shrewd up.

I think the point region of 68 to 70 should be enough for 4th and if West Ham only finished 5th, need Man City to win the European Champions League so that 5th place can qualify OR if Man City failed to win, then Man Utd need to win the Europa Cup and finishing top 4 which they are almost certainly so that 5th place can be given a Champions League spot.

All I hope, West Ham to try to finish NOT only the 4th place but 3rd place as it gives you straight in the Champions League Group Stage. We have nothing to lose and GO FOR IT........

Need Rice and Antonio to come back sooner but Rice has more chance to come back after 2 weeks hopefully.

COYI........ whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Last 10 seasons points total for 4th place:

2019-20 66 points (Chelsea)
2018-19 71 points (Tottenham)
2017-18 75 points (Liverpool)
2016-17 76 points (Liverpool)
2015-16 66 points (Man City)
2014-15 70 points (Man Utd)
2013-14 79 points (Arsenal)
2012-13 73 points (Arsenal)
2011-12 69 points (Tottenham)
2010-11 68 points Arsenal)

That is between the lowest of 66 to the max of 79 and the average in last 10 season was 71.3 points.

West Ham has 55 points, need at least 16 points from 7 games that means 5 win, 1 draw and 2 losses.....however with mainly Plastics and Bindippers nagging for the 4th place, may need more than 16 points but we will give our best shot. If we failed and finished 5th, need either Manchester clubs to win the Cup for 5th place to go to Champioons League.