Disappointing...

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Disappointing...

Post by hd1 »

I think we're all in shock tbh :D

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:25 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:11 pm I think it has a lot to do with the situation we are all in.

Were missing the interaction of the guys who've been at the games and their posts during and after the games they actually attended.

I didn't manage to make it to many live games a season, but not having that puts everyone at a distance, with every game having to be watched televised, were all like shit versions of the people paid to commentate.

I find myself having to pinch myself to think we are actually 4th in the league with only 7 games to play, is strange and the lack of advertising interaction had made a lot of people less interested IMO.
Good point.
It is a good point but I think you'll find Whatsapp groups have a lot to do with it. The one I'm on is frantic on match days.

I usually watch matches at my neighbour's. Socially distanced of course :lol: . I don't take my phone with me as it would be rude imo. But when I get back there's as many as 400 missed messages.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:18 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Good point.
It is a good point but I think you'll find Whatsapp groups have a lot to do with it. The one I'm on is frantic on match days.

I usually watch matches at my neighbour's. Socially distanced of course :lol: . I don't take my phone with me as it would be rude imo. But when I get back there's as many as 400 missed messages.
What, all from the same person? :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:16 pm This Board is so dead,when we are having such a fantastic season against all odds.

We are heading for our the best season in PL History and could even match our best finish ever.

Where is poxy Numbers when you need him?His very quiet :lol:

Maybe,when we start losing,they'll all come back,aye.
Because most of the threads are people moaning and it is difficult to moan when you are 4th with 7 games left and have the 2nd best Home record in the League (through some still find a way :lol: )

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:16 pm This Board is so dead,when we are having such a fantastic season against all odds.

We are heading for our the best season in PL History and could even match our best finish ever.

Where is poxy Numbers when you need him?His very quiet :lol:

Maybe,when we start losing,they'll all come back,aye.
Because most of the threads are people moaning and it is difficult to moan when you are 4th with 7 games left and have the 2nd best Home record in the League (through some still find a way :lol: )
If I'm at work and we win a game,I can't wait to get on here,when we lose,I'm not so keen.

You are right though, people like to moan, including myself,but I don't look forward to coming on here when we have a poor result.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:12 am
h69 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am

If I'm at work and we win a game,I can't wait to get on here,when we lose,I'm not so keen.

You are right though, people like to moan, including myself,but I don't look forward to coming on here when we have a poor result.
I didn’t see the Leicester game so find it difficult to find anything to contribute with frankly .

Glad we won though . A genuinely pleasant surprise .

So on to the next cup final I spose .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:54 am
palerider wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:18 am

What, all from the same person? :D
Numbers misses me.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

We are 4th in the league despite our best efforts to throw it away. 9 goals scored and 7 conceded in 3 games is not conducive for good heart health.

I honestly do not know how much more of this I can handle tbh.

We are capable of winning 5 of our last 7 games which should be more than enough for a top for finish. Having said that, defensively we are just as likely to win 2, draw 3 and lose 2, so it is anyone's guess. :lol:
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:29 pm We are 4th in the league despite our best efforts to throw it away. 9 goals scored and 7 conceded in 3 games is not conducive for good heart health.

I honestly do not know how much more of this I can handle tbh.

We are capable of winning 5 of our last 7 games which should be more than enough for a top for finish. Having said that, defensively we are just as likely to win 2, draw 3 and lose 2, so it is anyone's guess. :lol:
Thats what makes it so entertaining to be honest. They seem to give everything for an hour and then run out of energy/

I feel for Moyes as he himself was not happy with the last 30 mins but seems to always get the blame for being negative. That is down to our players or the opposition playing better but who thought we would do a double over Leicester and Wolves this season.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

I'll tell you what's disappointing. 16 stories on the Sky sports football, front page if you like, online, and not one mention of us. Some thing's never change.
Which is why I so desperately want us to upset the noshing cunts.