Was on the cards

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Was on the cards

Post by Flairon »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:03 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:26 pm

When the writer comes here next season,let`s make sure we give him a warm welcome...A RIGHT HANDER.

Read the headline.
Bit condescending 'Unlikely Champions League push..." and is the journalist really named Adrian Ka Jumba...they probably swapped "Adrian" for "Abdul", we know what Daily Mail readers usually think if they see an Abdul mentioned...
Seriously, what exactly was wrong with the article!?! Some people seem to look for something to be annoyed about.
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:01 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:03 pm
Bit condescending 'Unlikely Champions League push..." and is the journalist really named Adrian Ka Jumba...they probably swapped "Adrian" for "Abdul", we know what Daily Mail readers usually think if they see an Abdul mentioned...
Seriously, what exactly was wrong with the article!?! Some people seem to look for something to be annoyed about.
Terry was objecting to the supercilious tone of the headline. And I agreed Mr Ka Jumba had gone too far this time - much too far. In fact it strays into 'final warning' territory

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:09 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:08 am
Probably.
He has really impressed since his time with Everton.
He's hardly played.

They've not had the injuries. He'd be a regular for us for the last 8 games.
Still remember the meltdown on here when we were linked with him.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:09 am

He's hardly played.

They've not had the injuries. He'd be a regular for us for the last 8 games.
Me too . He may have done a job for us right now but I was of the opinion at the time that we could do better and tbh I’d have felt that way even if we were in a relegation battle instead of where we are .

My god , I’m beginning to trust Moyes ...

Where are my tablets ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:03 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm

Me too . He may have done a job for us right now but I was of the opinion at the time that we could do better and tbh I’d have felt that way even if we were in a relegation battle instead of where we are .

Where are my tablets ?
Wasn’t Pale referring to Josh King? If so Yes I think people were rightly spouting of about it. Seems Everton have a dud.

If referring to Lingaard, I questioned his attitude not his ability.
Still thought a striker was the priority, still do if you look at the amount of chances Antonio missed.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:45 pm

Where are my tablets ?
Wasn’t Pale referring to Josh King? If so Yes I think people were rightly spouting of about it. Seems Everton have a dud.

Still thought a striker was the priority, still do if you look at the amount of chances Antonio missed.
Yeah Josh King 👍🏻

Though tbh the only reason I questioned Moyes’ pursuit of Lingard was because I saw other positions as more of a priority.
Hold my hands up and eating humble pie there for sure...

Except I’m still not sure spending most of our probable pathetic budget on making him permanent.

Again , purely down to other priority positions . Or at least they are to me .
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:01 pm

Terry was objecting to the supercilious tone of the headline. And I agreed Mr Ka Jumba had gone too far this time - much too far. In fact it strays into 'final warning' territory
I am sorry but I still do not follow. At the start of the season did you expect us to be in the race for a Champions League spot!?! I'm guessing not. In which case, the headline is perhaps more reasonable than you give it credit for.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:31 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm
I am sorry but I still do not follow. At the start of the season did you expect us to be in the race for a Champions League spot!?! I'm guessing not. In which case, the headline is perhaps more reasonable than you give it credit for.
Spot on. Of course it's a bloody unexpected challenge for Europe FFS. I'm shocked tbh, I never had BD down as a sensitive little flower. ;)

If anyone on here had predicted at the start of the season we'd be sitting in a CL spot mid April someone would have sent for the men in white coats.

Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:17 pm
Flairon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:31 pm

Spot on. Of course it's a bloody unexpected challenge for Europe FFS. I'm shocked tbh, I never had BD down as a sensitive little flower. ;)

If anyone on here had predicted at the start of the season we'd be sitting in a CL spot mid April someone would have sent for the men in white coats.

People sometimes miss irony (hell of Girl) . The name 'Ka Jumba' Handsome lucky and trustworthy of African origin allows a bit of fun to be had. The irony being you would not take it serious.

nb: Notice now, having explained a good joke - it's no longer funny. Humour and exposition don't travel well together

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:45 pm

Where are my tablets ?

I was talking about King