West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:03 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm Antonio rumoured to be out for the season.

Time to give Benny boy an extended run.
The time is almost nigh when we’ll find out whether Benrahma is a Sully special or not ...

Especially if Dithering Dave plays Bowen up top and Fredericks on the right .

Then we’ll be sure.
This approach wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. He does like to fill front spot with Jim rather than anyone else. Another option is Johnson
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:03 pm

The time is almost nigh when we’ll find out whether Benrahma is a Sully special or not ...

Especially if Dithering Dave plays Bowen up top and Fredericks on the right .

Then we’ll be sure.
This approach wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. He does like to fill front spot with Jim rather than anyone else. Another option is Johnson
Would it not be worth actually trying one of the stikers he has available. I appreciate that they might be untested but we do actually create opportunties
and when it's raining a brand new umbrella is more sensible than holding a chair over your head...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Would it not be worth actually trying one of the stikers he has available ?
I appreciate that they might be untested but we do actually create opportunties
and when it's raining a brand new umbrella is more sensible than holding a chair over your head...
I actually laughed out loud there BD .
Once after each paragraph :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 pm
Would it not be worth actually trying one of the stikers he has available ?
I appreciate that they might be untested but we do actually create opportunties
BD is my favourite poster, purely for his analogies and wordsmithery (is that a word? :? ).

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 pm

BD is my favourite poster, purely for his analogies and wordsmithery (is that a word? :? ).
Absolutely fellas :lol: and yes it’s a word now if it wasn’t before 👍🏽
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Would it not be worth actually trying one of the stikers he has available. I appreciate that they might be untested but we do actually create opportunties
:lol: :lol: Are you Steve Mclaren in disguise? :lol:
This is David Moyes though, he don’t much like proper strikers from what I can tell. Midfielders are all the rage
COYI!!!

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Missing our best defender, best midfielder and our only striker, I have a bad feeling about this run of games now. There are some losses our thin squad can suffer and we should be getting Ogbonna back soon, but this is looking less and less like top 4 every day.

Leicester have had a season riddled with injuries, but largely thanks to their European exploits of late, there has been money to deepen the quality in that squad and maintain a top 4 spot most of the season. One interesting question being, if this current squad and management weather this storm and do succeed in top 4, will the Smut Bros see the need to spend much beyond Lingard for next season?
#fuckqatar2022

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:12 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm Antonio rumoured to be out for the season.

Time to give Benny boy an extended run.
Ffs it’ll be lack of backup that we miss out on Europe.
Well. Moyes didn't want anybody just for the sake of it. And the shysters did offer.

:lol: :lol:

As for Benny boy, the way I see it is this.

Moyes doesn't fancy him. He grudgingly likes the occasional bit of brilliance but he doesn't offer too much in defence which is what Moyesball is all about. The first time he was given a chance, at home to Fulham, he gave away a penalty which thankfully they fucked up in embarrassing fashion. Moyes was a defender in his playing days. If Messi was at the ILS he'd be dropped for not tracking back.

But the dwarf saw an opportunity. A last minute loan deal. Because they invented a spurious blood disorder no worse than a 50/50 breathalyser charge. He had the chance to fuck Brentford about at no great loss and no extra expense. He could send Benny back at the end of the season citing the same test.

Sorry.......can't take the risk.

Moyes didn't give a fuck. It was a subs bench place taken. But Dawson went and spoiled it all by actually being quite good. And his desire to get Jesse trumped his desire to send Benny back.

So the dwarf had to sign him. Although realising that there are plenty of other clubs without defence-minded managers who'd give him a profit when the time came.

PS. I've just been told Antonio WILL be out for the season..

Moysie.

I have a bad back but can still run about.....a bit .And I have some boots. Not a fancy orange but black (can I say that ?)
Have a word with Stumpy. 20k a week will do it and I'll even drive to the games myself.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:28 am
JayK wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:12 pm

Ffs it’ll be lack of backup that we miss out on Europe.
Well. Moyes didn't want anybody just for the sake of it. And the shysters did offer.

:lol: :lol:

As for Benny boy, the way I see it is this.

Moyes doesn't fancy him. He grudgingly likes the occasional bit of brilliance but he doesn't offer too much in defence which is what Moyesball is all about. The first time he was given a chance, at home to Fulham, he gave away a penalty which thankfully they fucked up in embarrassing fashion. Moyes was a defender in his playing days. If Messi was at the ILS he'd be dropped for not tracking back.

But the dwarf saw an opportunity. A last minute loan deal. Because they invented a spurious blood disorder no worse than a 50/50 breathalyser charge. He had the chance to fuck Brentford about at no great loss and no extra expense. He could send Benny back at the end of the season citing the same test.

Sorry.......can't take the risk.

Moyes didn't give a fuck. It was a subs bench place taken. But Dawson went and spoiled it all by actually being quite good. And his desire to get Jesse trumped his desire to send Benny back.

So the dwarf had to sign him. Although realising that there are plenty of other clubs without defence-minded managers who'd give him a profit when the time came.

PS. I've just been told Antonio WILL be out for the season..

Moysie.

I have a bad back but can still run about.....a bit .And I have some boots. Not a fancy orange but black (can I say that ?)
Have a word with Stumpy. 20k a week will do it and I'll even drive to the games myself.
I know mate, I know. Whatcha gonna do? 🤷🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Vardy always plays well against us. He's only scored 1 goal in his last 16 Prem games; that worries the crap out of me!