West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our great win away at Wolves and lucky to have 3 points, West Ham need to get as many points as they can in their next 8 games.......A few of our top players are injured in Rice, Antonio, Lanzini, Ogbonna Randolph and Yarmolenko........Ogbonna and Yarmolenko started training this week and hopefully Ogbonna to be ready for the Leicester game but will see how this week pans out......Hopefully Rice will be back sooner as he started Rehab. Hope Antonio's hamstring is just a very minor one. If Antonio out against Leicester, then ideally put Bowen up front with Lingard as they did against Wolves. Leicester has the 2nd best away record in the Premier League so this will be equally tough and hopefully no less than a draw and if we win that will be a bonus. Masuaku and Fornals are a major plus to our squad.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Soucek
Noble

Fornals
Lingard
Masuaku

Bowen (Antonio may not feature)

Hope we will give a good game and hope to stop conceding goals.

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

OZHAMMER

Re: West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by OZHAMMER »

Good intro Ibbs.

We’ve got a pretty good run in, and our three toughest matches are at home.

Leicester are a positional rival, so I guess it could be called a six-point game.

As for our defence, I’d be happy for our defence to keep leaking goals, providing we keep scoring one more than them.

COYI

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Nice intro Ibbs, you covered all bases. I don't think they'll actually do it (Top 4), but even to be legitimately in that conversation is a great achievement.

Whilst losing Rice is obviously a big blow, I think getting Ogbonna back is what will really be key to the next 8 games.

And hoping that Antonio is not too crocked as his undseratsnding with J Lings has been instrumental in the best attacking moves. Against Wolves Antonio's run off the ball. He took one defender completely out of the picture, creating the space for Lingard to run into. He was unstoppable before his injury forced him off and not a coincidence that Jesse had less freedom when he departed.

More good games from Masuaku,Fornals and Cresswell to keep the progress solvent Form recovery from Dawson urgent and something special from Benrahma now needed please...apprenticeship over.

Dare to dream ? why not...

palerider

Post by palerider »

Without Antonio (almost certainly), I'd play Benrahma.

Bowen is fine, no complaints at all but we have to give the Leicester defence something to worry about. His trickery and pace off the mark would, on this occasion be more of a threat than the workmanlike efforts of Bowen.

Won't happen of course as for some reason the Jock doesn't rate him.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm Without Antonio (almost certainly), I'd play Benrahma.

Bowen is fine, no complaints at all but we have to give the Leicester defence something to worry about. His trickery and pace off the mark would, on this occasion be more of a threat than the workmanlike efforts of Bowen.

Doesn't rate him ? Then why spend £30 odd million on him ? I'm guessing he hoped he could instill some defensive nous into him. Something he hasn't yet been able to do as the Arsenal game showed. Hopefully he'll come good but, tbh, I've always had my doubts about his contribution to the team effort.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:41 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm Without Antonio (almost certainly), I'd play Benrahma.

Doesn't rate him ? Then why spend £30 odd million on him ? I'm guessing he hoped he could instill some defensive nous into him. Something he hasn't yet been able to do as the Arsenal game showed. Hopefully he'll come good but, tbh, I've always had my doubts about his contribution to the team effort.
I think there was more than a hint of a Sully special about his signing.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:18 pm Good intro Ibbs.

We’ve got a pretty good run in, and our three toughest matches are at home.

Leicester are a positional rival, so I guess it could be called a six-point game.

As for our defence, I’d be happy for our defence to keep leaking goals, providing we keep scoring one more than them.

COYI
At least Lingard and Soucek will be fine to play after a heavy knock yesterday but Antonio will not play eventhough he may be ok but need a rest due to his hamstrings so Bowen is likely upfront with Lingard behind.

As we got hard games at home, hope to get many points as we can to finish top 6.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:17 pm Nice intro Ibbs, you covered all bases. I don't think they'll actually do it (Top 4), but even to be legitimately in that conversation is a great achievement.

Whilst losing Rice is obviously a big blow, I think getting Ogbonna back is what will really be key to the next 8 games.

And hoping that Antonio is not too crocked as his undseratsnding with J Lings has been instrumental in the best attacking moves. Against Wolves Antonio's run off the ball. He took one defender completely out of the picture, creating the space for Lingard to run into. He was unstoppable before his injury forced him off and not a coincidence that Jesse had less freedom when he departed.

More good games from Masuaku,Fornals and Cresswell to keep the progress solvent Form recovery from Dawson urgent and something special from Benrahma now needed please...apprenticeship over.

Dare to dream ? why not...
Totally agreed on above......we need to keep on going and only Chelsea and Leicester stand in our way but we have bogey teams away in Burnley, Brighton and WBA who those 3 are scrapping for their lives but so do we as we need to finish no lower than 6th, maybe 7th if both cups won by top 5 teams......but as we are 4th, let go for it as we got nothing to lose and Lingard could help us in this experience. Hope Masuaku to stay fit and Fornals to keep scoring goals as he missed quite a lot of good chances beforehand.

COYIsssss let grab the number 4 and make the numbskull jealous :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Benrahma still learning and improving which he can be the next Antonio with his trickery as he can open defence like Antonio did.